• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So in a few days Days gone will hit its first year!

So how does it shape up after one year?

A dev posting about playing the E3 demo live posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Some new interviews from the devs and cast members

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
I literally just made a thread about what I think days gone 2 needed 😅😅

It's a fun game. Nice story. I'd recommend for those who are interested. I got it for cheap and enjoyed my time with it. Definitely want another one

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Finishing the game for the first time now. I think it's wonderful, a far cry from the uninspired mish mash of every open world game ever I pictured from the reveal trailer. Long as hell too, as the games keeps opening up in unexpected ways dozen of hours in. The gameplay is a lot of fun, plenty of bugs but nothing major or gamebreaking and the story keeps you playing, eager to find out more. Highly recommended in 2020.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
The concept art for the female swarmers looks far cooler than the wolves we good in the game. I hope they up the crazy for the enemy types next game and have more infected animals. Also more enemy types within a given horde

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
its pretty cheap to buy right now. I'm thinking about it but I have a question first. Is this more like the last of us type horror or nah? I can't handle horror games at all, with the exception of the last of us lol. If its more like that then I can see myself playing it. I am too big of a wuss to play anything with horror elements in them (almost had a panic attack during that one chapter in shadow of the tomb raider).

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
It was one of my most hyped games in a long time.

It disappointed me hard. Totally misleading marketing with the hordes, they were more of an endgame activity than the game's main attraction. The actual game was a laborious slog of tedious open world activities where you ride across the map to wipe out a bandit camp or talk to Jim Bob. On top of that, the game draaaaaaaaaged.

Maybe Days Gone 2 will be a vast improvement, but I will approach it far more cautiously than I did this game.

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019
For me it was the new best Sony IP in this generation. Very excited to see the sequel on PS5.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
its pretty cheap to buy right now. I'm thinking about it but I have a question first. Is this more like the last of us type horror or nah? I can't handle horror games at all, with the exception of the last of us lol. If its more like that then I can see myself playing it. I am too big of a wuss to play anything with horror elements in them (almost had a panic attack during that one chapter in shadow of the tomb raider).
Its much more action horror, there are creepy moments for sure but not many and the hordes are terrifying when you encounter them randomly.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The concept art for the female swarmers looks far cooler than the wolves we good in the game. I hope they up the crazy for the enemy types next game and have more infected animals. Also more enemy types within a given horde
Heck yes I glad they got a solid foundation with this game they can expand upon the systems they build .

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Decent game, horde encounter was fun as hell especially those around buildings but very disappointed how underused it was in the story.
Never played post launch content but it's not a game that I will return to.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It's barely horror at all. The freakers won't ever sneak up on you and a ton of combat is with people or freaker animals. The game is all about survival in an open world. I'd say even less scary than tlou which at least had the generator parts.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
User warned: port-begging
Would love for it to eventually drop on PC since I sold my ps4 before getting the chance of playing it and I doubt I'll be able to snag a ps5 at launch....

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played it throughout March of this year and got the Platinum, it was exactly the kind of game I needed. Took a little while to get going, but I never got tired of wiping out the hordes in the endgame. The characterization was surprisingly well-done and the story had some cool twists.

It's not horror movie scary, but if you're out at night with a horde in a cave nearby, it's pretty hair-raising when you hear their noises.

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna stick around long cuz it's days gone on this forum but man I loved the game. Gonna boot it up tomorrow ride around for a bit kill some hordes
58328v7cp1w21.gif

tumblr_pr3974CIgu1vlv3avo3_500.gifv

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019

The game is not horror and I don't think it tries to either. It is a survival action game, that you are going to find moments of tension due to the overwhelming number of enemies, but that is not going to generate fear.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
I was just watching the sony press conf in which it got reveal, pretty amazing

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I struggle with it, I ADORED final fantasy 7 remake, but I hated forcing 40 hours out of it. I like burning through games quickly. Like, DOOM Eternal was amazing to me. Perfect length.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
I'm on the verge of getting the platinum and that is something I have only ever done once before. Great game and look forward to seeing where they take it.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Not gonna stick around long cuz it's days gone on this forum but man I loved the game. Gonna boot it up tomorrow ride around for a bit kill some hordes
58328v7cp1w21.gif

tumblr_pr3974CIgu1vlv3avo3_500.gifv
All I wanted was a horde mode but when I got it I got my ass kicked. One of the few games I got a platinum trophy in, loved the game a ton.

But you're right, shouldn't stick long because I've seen Days Gone threads and this thread already has Deacon's a racist and why would Sony have the game greenlit. Cannot wait for the sequel.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Both love and hate this game

+ Love some of it's genuine character moments. The romance between Deacon and his wife is honestly dog shit. Just pure cliche dog shit--- but his relationship with Boozer is fucking fantastic. It's weird.
+ Sam Witwer as Deacon
+ The combat
+ The visuals/SFX and overall presentation

- I hate how long it is. Seriously, this would have been an awesome 15hr experience. Instead, it's more like 50 one and there isn't enough there to justify it... there just isn't. I'm forcing myself to continue playing it after getting to the 4th camp
- I hate it's music. Overall twangy stuff that I just ain't in to and it plays constantly.
- How loud it makes my PS4 Pro

So yeah, I think everyone should try it, but it's not some misunderstood, underappreciated gem. It DOES have problems and the updates don't fix the core of them.

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I really like about Days Gone is the world itself. How towns are well-realized have a great atmosphere to them. I can't articulate this well enough or put my finger on it but something about stood out to me once I slowed down and paid attention to the details. It really made me wish for a new Silent Hill with this level of graphics. It's one of my favorite open worlds easily just for the feel and atmosphere.

I've said this in multiple DG threads, this game definitely shines in the second half. There isn't even any incentive to explore initially because your item limit is very limited and your tools are not good enough to survive. Everything comes very well together once the story gets going, item limits are higher and you have better bike parts. Yes, it's a good game, great game even, ultimately but it does require a big investment of powering through the first 8 hours or so. It is too much to ask of some players.

For me personally, I went from hating the characters and almost dropping this game in the first couple hours to loving the story and characters and enjoying the gameplay a lot. I can easily say it's one of my favorite games this gen.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a fun game to play but I was done with it by the time credits rolled and never looked back. It's probably a better ride now with all the post launch content that I wished the game had during my run thru.

The dynamic weather and various open world-y things were fun. I'd play a Part 2.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Still missing a dynamic HUD option. The only way to hide it is to play in the hardest setting, which actually sucks since they basically locked a HUD free option to only a select number of players.

madgorillaz

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately the character designs consistently appear to give a false impression of the game's tone and narrative resonance. To me, the posts that dismiss the game based on Deacon's appearance strongly suggest that the poster in question has not played the game.

Deacon is actually one of the few male characters I've played that wears his heart on his sleeve. His interactions with Ricki and Boozer make this clear. In addition, Bend managed to inject a unique personality into Deacon that I've rarely see work in a non-corny way in a game before. He is constantly on edge, on the brink between a mental and emotional breakdown, and they managed to have this not be so annoying. Instead, for me personally, it garnered sympathy and a connection to his character.

Days Gone 2 has a lot to improve upon, but it's important we don't just write off the game completely. Only constructive feedback based on a fair and measured assessment of the game can help Bend make the improvements we want to see.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018

The Last of Us isn't horror and neither is Days Gone. But yeah, I guess you could say they have a comparable atmosphere. If you were ok with TLoU you should be fine with DG.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope to see it on PS Plus or PS Now soon.
It's one of those games that I won't buy it (don't like zombie games, except TLoU) but at the same time I like to experience it too.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
I was lttp and just finished it early this year. Had a great time with the gameplay because it's TLOU in an open world setting. I like games where I can take my time and stealth around and this one definitely rewarded that approach. Felt good to stalk out and stealth clear enemy camps and bash their skulls in.

Didn't care much for the story but it served its purpose.