• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I've played through this game almost twice since launch. I'd say that almost all the story missions are shootouts with most of the missions in Chp. 5 & 6 being shootouts. Even the epilogues have a ton of shootout missions.
I really don't wanna go through the time and effort of proving you wrong here over shit so trivial and inconsequential...

but dammit, if I have to do it, I'll do it.

Like I said, you're remembering certain parts of the game more than others, just due to the sheer amount of missions that DO involve shootouts (there are a lot of them, but nowhere close to 80%)

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
It just feels like something that would be interesting to explore. Game is looking better everytime, I am tempted to jump in.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hat damn, looking better and better. I think I'm actually finally properly excited for this game. Based on what I've seen now, I feel it'll at the minimum be decent, if not really good. There's still some minor jank here and there, but it's open world at the end of the day. It's still certainly no where near the jank or lesser polish levels of say Skyrim, Fallout, Saints Row, State of Decay, Dead Rising, Dying Light etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Game is looking a lot better. This is probably the most interesting footage they've put out.

Although that bear kill looks really jank

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
If you lose your horse or leave it behind in RDR2, you can't just whistle for it and it comes running from nowhere.

It literally stays where you left it on the map, all alone.
You're right. But you also can just grab another horse if you want, which is in the wild aplenty. Point is, there is one bike you have to take care of the whole game.

This game better have photo mode..
I'm trying to blast off a ramp over a sea of freaks, with a burning molotov in my hand, right at dusk.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're right. But you also can just grab another horse if you want, which is in the wild aplenty. Point is, there is one bike you have to take care of the whole game.

This game better have photo mode..
I'm trying to blast off a ramp over a sea of freaks, with a burning molotov in my hand, right at dusk.
Don't know if it will have it at launch but I think it's safe to say it will have Photo mode at some point. Pretty much all of their first party games have except Detroit b/c they apparently ran out of memory or something.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Explosion sound good, gun sound still weak, like low bitrate recording.
Still shy away from showing more gunplay.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
The more I see, the more I like about this game. I love leveling up a vehicle, such as you could in Mad Max. I don't think I'll be super efficient with my fuel in DG just to see how crazy of a predicament I can land myself in running out of fuel at night in a desolate location.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Don't know if it will have it at launch but I think it's safe to say it will have Photo mode at some point. Pretty much all of their first party games have except Detroit b/c they apparently ran out of memory or something.
Yea.. as long as it shows up, I'll be good. Had such a wild time with Horizons PM.
Explosion sound good, gun sound still weak, like low bitrate recording.
Still shy away from showing more gunplay.
I think the best thing for its reviews is the element of surprise. Once we get the story trailer we'll get a taste of what the campaign holds.

Oct 27, 2017
Good open world have a lot of variety in activities.

How do you know Days Gone doesn't? You don't.

But RDR2 had plenty of variety, from random events, random sightings and the many different tasks of the missions.
Which days gone does not have, which is my main gripe of days gone.

How do you know this? You don't.

You will not like days gone then, because days gones missions have more similarities to GTA5 and RDR2 then GTA3

How do you know this? You don't!

Then judging by what we have seen so far you will find days gones missions even more repetitive and boring.

How do you know this? Oh wait you don't.

Ok, I've heard it all.
This is one of the most rediculous things I've read.
But if u want to think days gone missions are more like GTA3 then RDR2. Go ahead lol.

They might be! How do you know they're not? You don't.

Indeed, days gone missions have less variety in objectives and tasks.

See above.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The more I see, the more I like about this game. I love leveling up a vehicle, such as you could in Mad Max. I don't think I'll be super efficient with my fuel in DG just to see how crazy of a predicament I can land myself in running out of fuel at night in a desolate location.
Yeah you can focus more on speed or armor

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you know Days Gone doesn't? You don't.

How do you know this? You don't.

How do you know this? You don't!

How do you know this? Oh wait you don't.

They might be! How do you know they're not? You don't.

See above.
LMAO. The nerve of the guy to say he didn't act like he knew what Days Gone had is so funny. Every single one of these statements was worded like he has played the game and knows all about it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry guys, my sarcasm detector is broken. Lol.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Looks much better than before. The Lighting in particular looks really nice. The way the guns sound feels like a weak link but this footage has me overall more confident in the game.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
That safehouse moment was actually really moody and atmospheric. Is it weird that it's that moment what really piqued my interest in this game for the first time?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That safehouse moment was actually really moody and atmospheric. Is it weird that it's that moment what really piqued my interest in this game for the first time?

Nope, did the same for me. I like the idea of choosing between a rougher night time environment or catching some Z's until the relative safety of daylight.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, did the same for me. I like the idea of choosing between a rougher night time environment or catching some Z's until the relative safety of daylight.
Here is a vid of it check at 4:26

Its really cool love the little small talk

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
It says a lot about the tone and atmosphere they're going for. That you might out there in the wild, from towns and outposts, for long enough that you might to sleep overnight in a safehouse. Adds to that lone rider traveling the landscape vibe

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this looks good. I really love the bike aspect.

It's not 1:1, but the bike sort of reminds me of the attachment to the interceptor in Mad Max (very underrated game imo).

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to watching this. It looks great, and much more interesting than it ever did before, but "freakers?"

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this looks good. I really love the bike aspect.

It's not 1:1, but the bike sort of reminds me of the attachment to the interceptor in Mad Max (very underrated game imo).
Agreed. Given how fast and overwhelming threats seem to be in this world, the bike is going to be very much appreciated. It being your respawn point and needing to be kept fueled imbues with a lot of importance

Also, agreed on Mad Max. It's one of my favorite open world games of this gen.

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
strange, these details arent new, and people are like "now i'm sold!" lol

or maybe i'm trippin, but i don't think they showed anything we haven't already seen or known about?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
strange, these details arent new, and people are like "now i'm sold!" lol

or maybe i'm trippin, but i don't think they showed anything we haven't already seen or known about?
The same people get sold on it every thread 🤔🤔🤔

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Given how fast and overwhelming threats seem to be in this world, the bike is going to be very much appreciated. It being your respawn point and needing to be kept fueled imbues with a lot of importance

Also, agreed on Mad Max. It's one of my favorite open world games of this gen.
It was smart making it the respawn point since it does not put you our of danger but may give you a chance.