• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I do hope you say this to all the other posters commenting on the game.
For the sake of consistency.
Most aren't speaking authoritatively about the game with comments like
But RDR2 had plenty of variety, from random events, random sightings and the many different tasks of the missions.
Which days gone does not have, which is my main gripe of days gone.
How could you possibly know this without having played it?

Anyone characterizing Red Dead Redemption 2's missions as having 'many different tasks' is something I can't take very seriously. From what we've seen, Days Gone looks to have several different ways to complete missions from gadgets, weaponry and the environment. RDR2's missions start and end with shoot gun to complete.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
You cant whistle for your bike dude. If you leave it somewhere, you'll have to go get it. That'll probably take some time and planning for in itself.
If you lose your horse or leave it behind in RDR2, you can't just whistle for it and it comes running from nowhere.

It literally stays where you left it on the map, all alone.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
I really glad they produce these great series of video. I can see at least in Era , several people here is in process of changing their heart or cautiously optimistic at very least.

So , It really effective and get people who are in doubt more interested in this game because it does look amazing than ever. Hope the game perform well enough to put Bend in spotlight again.

The only concern for me about the game is how the game run well or not. Esp base ps4 may gonna explode.

Deleted member 49132

Banned
Oct 28, 2018

Anyone characterizing Red Dead Redemption 2's missions as having 'many different tasks' is something I can't take very seriously. RDR2's missions start and end with shoot gun to complete.
This is so false lmao

Of course this thread about a Days Gone trailer has turned into an RDR2 hate thread

Of course, only on Era

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
This is so false lmao

Of course this thread about a Days Gone trailer has turned into an RDR2 hate thread

Of course, only on Era
I wasn't the one who brought RDR2 unprovoked in to the thread. How is it false? Please show me how RDR2 has more varied ways to complete missions than what has been shown of Days Gone. 'Wide linear' is pretty much the main thing Days Gone is hanging its hat on.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Indeed, days gone missions have less variety in objectives and tasks.

Stop spreading misinformation or I will report to a mod. No one knows how the mission design is yet and its disingenuous to plainly state how the missions are when we haven't really seen a recent one beyond a one year demo. You have constantly throughout this thread made statements regarding the games variety and missions as if you know with authority. That is misinformation and you are doing it purposefully.

Deleted member 49132

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I wasn't the one who brought RDR2 unprovoked in to the thread. How is it false? Please show me how RDR2 has more varied ways to complete missions than what has been shown of Days Gone. 'Wide linear' is pretty much the main thing Days Gone is hanging its hat on.
The missions do not have the type of freedoms in terms of how you go about them that Days Gone has, that I won't argue.

But the actual variety of the missions themselves are much more than "shoot gun to complete".

The missions, while very linear in how you can approach them (by design), are definitely varied in subject matter.

Oct 27, 2017
I do hope you say this to all the other posters commenting on the game.
For the sake of consistency.

It's obviously the way you're asserting things you have no way of knowing as fact. "Days Gone missions have less variety in objectives and tasks" you trumpet with great confidence, but that's an opinion from nowhere more knowledgeable than your ass; you have zero idea what the tasks and objectives are.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, RDR2 had its chore like activities, eating, cleaning+feeding the horse, but I liked them because of the care and detail of the story + world made me care about these things.

But RDR2 had plenty of variety, from random events, random sightings and the many different tasks of the missions.
Which days gone does not have, which is my main gripe of days gone.
I guess you're from the future where you played the game huh? You don't know what the open world has.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
My OG PS4 at this time is never not loud.

Mine was like that too for a long while, then a couple weeks before God of War I decided to open up the console and do a big cleaning on it. It worked pretty well, it was silent with some games and I played through GoW with very little noise. Its loud most of the time again though, so It's probably time for another cleanup

Feb 10, 2018

Anyone characterizing Red Dead Redemption 2's missions as having 'many different tasks' is something I can't take very seriously. From what we've seen, Days Gone looks to have several different ways to complete missions from gadgets, weaponry and the environment. RDR2's missions start and end with shoot gun to complete.

I'm judging by what has been shown....

What else am I going to be talking about.
Honestly you are being very unreasonable in some pathetic "gotcha" tactic.
I've even said in this thread that I'm judging based on what has been shown.
And I am speaking from authority no more then the other comments?

I'm sorry if my criticism, offends you so you have to come up with stuff like this which don't even make sense.

And if you if can't take me seriously, why are you even responding?

Plus the majority of reviewers and millions of players praised RDR2 for its mission variety, so you must find them rediculous too....

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't help but laugh at these RDR2 fanboys in here talking about what Days Gone has and doesn't have. Wait for the game to come out when you can actually speak intelligently about it.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I'm sure it will run solid like all the first-party releases do (though in my time with it there were noticeable drops, but it's an older build)

My concern is with how loud it will be
Even the public demo at Pax recently was still the E3 build, so any gameplay outside trailers we've seen to date is all from a build that was finalized in June. That's a very long time for improvements and polish since then.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
The missions do not have the type of freedoms in terms of how you go about them that Days Gone has, that I won't argue.

But the actual variety of the missions themselves are much more than "shoot gun to complete".

The missions, while very linear in how you can approach them (by design), are definitely varied in subject matter.

I'd say about 80% of RDR2's missions have shootouts. The story context behind these shootouts vary but at the end of the day most of that game's missions are either cover shootouts or shooting dudes while riding on horses/stagecoaches.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Really like that peel out.

Oh god i can feel the intensity of making the decision to run straight into the charging horde to reach your bike seconds before the horde does. NOPE.

Can't help but laugh at these RDR2 fanboys in here talking about what Days Gone has and doesn't have. Wait for the game to come out when you can actually speak intelligently about it.

RDR2 is my current game of gen and Days Gone is one of my most anticipated for 2019. I don't get it. Some people just need STFU and go play RDR2 if thats what they are hoping for here
/shrug

Feb 10, 2018
With all these, time machine and "oh you have the game comments"
Are seriously pathetic,

You could apply that logic to any comment about the game.

The truth is people are just finding a way to attack a critisum on a game they really like. Which is something I have no time for.
So anyone who does say these type of comments to me, welcome to my ignore list.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm judging by what has been shown....

What else am I going to be talking about.
Honestly you are being very unreasonable in some pathetic "gotcha" tactic.
I've even said in this thread that I'm judging based on what has been shown.
And I am speaking from authority no more then the other comments?

I'm sorry if my criticism, offends you so you have to come up with stuff like this which don't even make sense.

And if you if can't take me seriously, why are you even responding?

Plus the majority of reviewers and millions of players praised RDR2 for its mission variety, so you must find them rediculous too....
There's better ways to express an opinion. You posted like you definitively know things about a game that hasn't released and you haven't played. There's a reason you've been quoted as many times as you have in here. If you said "this doesn't look to have activities as varied as RDR2, which I enjoyed" most wouldn't call you on it or care. That's a reasonable opinion to have.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
This has come a long way from those kinda janky gameplay demos from last year. Looking forward to it.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
With all these, time machine and "oh you have the game comments"
Are seriously pathetic,

You could apply that logic to any comment about the game.

The truth is people are just finding a way to attack a critisum on a game they really like. Which is something I have no time for.
So anyone who does say these type of comments to me, welcome to my ignore list.

You are speaking about the game objectively as if you played it. Own up to it and grow up. I dont care if you dont think highly about the game that is entirely fair just dont go around spreading misinformation about details in a game you havent played. That goes for ANY GAME. Next thread I see you do that in I will report to a mod. Thanks

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Sony did mistake showing many times rough old builds, which of course lead to some negativity, but these World Video Series have been good so far. I can see this reaching 4-5m sold copies.

Feb 10, 2018
Stop spreading misinformation or I will report to a mod. No one knows how the mission design is yet and its disingenuous to plainly state how the missions are when we haven't really seen a recent one beyond a one year demo. You have constantly throughout this thread made statements regarding the games variety and missions as if you know with authority. That is misinformation and you are doing it purposefully.

No, I am commenting of what we have seen of the game, which I have clearly stated.
So practice what you preach and don't spread misinformation on what I have been saying.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
This has come a long way from those kinda janky gameplay demos from last year. Looking forward to it.

It looks way better. If this game ends up being like a 3rd person Dying Light I would be very happy. I'm looking forward to the next video series to see if they talk about the mission freedom and choices in the game - that is the biggest grey area for the game right now imo.

I think they should have help off from demos until the game was polished as it seems to be now. I bet it would have done wonders for the game. The game seems far more involved and interesting than before to me.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
No, I am commenting of what we have seen of the game, which I have clearly stated.
So practice what you preach and don't spread misinformation on what I have been saying.

In comparasion to RDR2 you stated that Days gone has none of the emergent gameplay RDR2 had yet had no proof that was the case. You quite literally said it with certainty. THAT IS MISINFORMATION. FULL STOP.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Even the public demo at Pax recently was still the E3 build, so any gameplay outside trailers we've seen to date is all from a build that was finalized in June. That's a very long time for improvements and polish since then.

Yep. I went hands on last October so I imagine is that very same build, so I'm not holding a lot against it

Deleted member 49132

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I'd say about 80% of RDR2's missions have shootouts. The story context behind these shootouts vary but at the end of the day most of that game's missions are either cover shootouts or shooting dudes while riding on horses/stagecoaches.
Well, you'd be wrong.

You probably remember the game most for those moments but I can tell you right now it is nowhere near 80% of that game.

Not even close. Especially once you factor in side missions.

But even if we're just talking main story, it's nowhere near 80% shootout missions.

Feb 10, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Trolling, ignoring moderation
In comparasion to RDR2 you stated that Days gone has none of the emergent gameplay RDR2 had yet had no proof that was the case. You quite literally said it with certainty. THAT IS MISINFORMATION. FULL STOP.

If you actually read my posts you would know this not to be true.
I even go to explain what missions we have seen from days gone and the type of missions I would like to see and that we have not seen a lot of mission variety from the missions we have seen from days gone.

And since when is giving an opinion, misinformation?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
We rode from this encounter feeling pretty badass, but a rainstorm — and that aforementioned empty fuel tank — ensured our buzz was short lived. By the time we'd realized we were on empty, Deacon was in the middle of nowhere without much ammo or medical supplies. An unexpected meeting with a pack of wolves siphoned our remaining resources, while the pouring rain and darkened sky left us desperate for shelter.

Some hope, so we thought, came in the form of a fellow survivor emerging from the shadows. Sadly, this figure turned out to be an insane woman wielding a pipe. Apparently as desperate as we were, she took advantage of our lack of weapons and low health, and unceremoniously introduced her blunt object to our brain.

While we tackled a more scripted, traditional mission during our time with the game, it was this final, emergent encounter – that all began with our failure to refuel Deacon's bike – that showed off the promise and potential of Days Gone's dynamic, dangerous world.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/plays...at-a-zombie-apocalypse-would-really-feel-like

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually speaking to this thread, the game keeps looking better every time we see it. They'll no doubt be showing off more and more of the game over the next 2 months. Can't wait for it to prove these doubters wrong.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Well, you'd be wrong.

You probably remember the game most for those moments but I can tell you right now it is nowhere near 80% of that game.

Not even close.

I've played through this game almost twice since launch. I'd say that almost all the story missions are shootouts with most of the missions in Chp. 5 & 6 being shootouts. Even the epilogues have a ton of shootout missions.