• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Daymare%3A%201998.jpg

A third-person survival horror that is inspired by RE2make and honestly setting aside the polish, graphics and the AAA budget, this game is imo better than RE2make and I'm only half way through.

There is something unnerving about the game and it does background immersive sounds so well. They are genuinely creepy and I would say the gameplay mechanics of survival horror are better implemented here. Apart from the boot noise of Mr. X, RE2make didn't scare me at all, and maybe its because we are so used to the RE franchise baddies. The controls in this game can get slightly frustrating but I thoroughly enjoyed the ammo clip and item management.

If you are remotely a fan of survival horror, you owe it to play this game and its only $30!

and to put game length into perspective, RE2make took me about 4.5 hrs to finish my first Leon campaign while I am already 5 hrs into this game and halfway through.

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a terrible name.

What i saw of it some time ago looked cool though. I'll be interested if it comes to consoles.

Hawk SE

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Colorado
It seemed promising, for sure. But upon actually playing it, was a poorly executed game that couldn't get out of RE's shadow. There's talent with this developer, but they need more experience. I just did not like this game in the end.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We already got Resident Evil 2 remake to quench the thirst for a zombie survival horror game.

OP
OP
darkslayer101

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
I watched Aris play it on stream a bit, kinda looked like a poor man's Resident Evil.
I respectfully disagree.
Sure the AAA budget is missing, but I think the dev of this game didn't cut any corners for its survival horror aspect
If anything its a much more potent, concentrated Resident Evil without the over the top elements.
I played the demo, but it didn't really interest me.
I didn't play the demo, but I don't think it included the hospital section, which was surprisingly good

It seemed promising, for sure. But upon actually playing it, was a poorly executed game that couldn't get out of RE's shadow. There's talent with this developer, but they need more experience. I just did not like this game in the end.
honestly I think the dev need time and budget rather than experience. Thought the horror encounters were much better displayed here than recent REs.

Aug 27, 2018
I respectfully disagree.
Sure the AAA budget is missing, but I think the dev of this game didn't cut any corners for its survival horror aspect
If anything its a much more potent, concentrated Resident Evil without the over the top elementsl.
I honestly didn't see a ton of it, but "poor man's RE" is the first thing that came to mind. If someone else I watch on Twitch streams it I'll try to check out more, my opinion may change.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I really tried to be hopeful about this game, and well, sure, there's things to like about it, but man...it is rough.

There's some decisions like making the reload so unnecessary complicated and convoluted, how linear and simple the exploration turned to be, not to mention it's a complete chore to control.

It feels like a product from someone with poor vision of what a modern survival horror game could be, with games like RE7-REmake 2, it's simply disappointing to say the least.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I really tried to be hopeful about this game, and well, sure, there's things to like about it, but man...it is rough.

There's some decisions like making the reload so unnecessary complicated and convoluted, how linear and simple the exploration turned to be, not to mention it's a complete chore to control.

It feels like a product from someone with poor vision of what a modern survival horror game could be, with games like RE7-REmake 2, it's simply disappointing to say the least.
I don't know if it's a result of poor vision of modern survival horror as much as it is "Oh shit, Capcom is making Resident Evil 2. How do we take what we've done and make it distinct?"

There's a mental trap there of feeling forced to verge away from what you intended to do because you legally can't do what you originally had in mind.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Feel pretty much the same way. I enjoyed the first couple of hours and there's some clear RE influences left in which makes sense, this game was born from the RE2 fan remake.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Because it's mediocre, janky, and tried way too hard to be Resident Evil, and as a result, has zero unique identity. I really wanted to like it, but the devs bite way more then they could chew.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'm gonna support the game as much as i can, since it was developed by an italian studio, and we don't have a great tradition for this kind of business
The reviews on Steam are generally positive

Toxa

Oct 28, 2017
maybe because it was only released on pc when most of survival horror audience are on console ?

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 2 came out this year and from everything I've seen of it this doesn't look great. Maybe if it comes to gamepass I'll give it a go but it's not something that I want to spend money on.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From the demo the protagonist was so unlikeable and it was so... well, right after playing RE2make it's hard to stomach. Anyway, after that, I had zero interest in the game.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first time I've even heard of the game so I checked the Metacritic which isn't exactly great... but the game's name caught my attention as it reminds me of this gem:

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I did enjoy it, and it is quite a substantial game. Initially I thought it might terminate early due to a bunch of sequences that seemed they should be gameplay being skipped over in a few cutscenes.

The writing is gibberish but the gameplay scratches that RE2 itch. It is to RE2make what El Matador was to Max Payne 2.

But then they went and partnered with the Hatred devs so screw promoting them.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know Idris Elba was in this.