• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
I think this person might have been on the writing team for Days Gone.
ENn48l-U8AE3RVU

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Days Gone has a really vocal contingent of people who won't stand for any criticism of it lol. With that said, the title makes it sound like you have many examples of this happening, when it's just this one?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone has a really vocal contingent of people who won't stand for any criticism of it lol. With that said, the title makes it sound like you have many examples of this happening, when it's just this one?
Any game has that vocal contingent of people, you can easily see that here. Patrick got a lot of hate mails for his Days Gone review, this is just one example (although the weirdest one).

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone is a solid game with a beautiful world and some good characters, if a bit uninspired and definitely repeative.

That said, the fan reaction to reviews was glorious and it keeps on giving. Thanks Deek.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really random, but for some reason that last line reminds me of that bat thing in A Link to the Past that keeps switching personalities and "curses" you and is all angry and then is suddenly like "alright, have a good day!" Lol

Peace and love, y'all.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Sounds like a young kid that can't quite understand that other people might strongly dislike things they like. The scary part to me is that, if they are truly a kid then they already bought into those journalist conspiracy theories. That's the most worrying part.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ENn48l-U8AE3RVU

People really love bringing this line out without actually acknowledging the fact that the game contextualizes its use incredibly well and the characters are well aware of how stupid it sounds, they actively comment and laugh about it but continue to say this to each other as an inside joke about how they first met.

Last edited:

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
People really love bringing this line out without actually acknowledging the fact that the game actually contextualizes its use incredibly well and the characters are well aware of how stupid it sounds, they actively comment and laugh about it but continue to say this to each other as an inside joke about how they first met.

Yeah, that was an amusing moment and I immediately thought on all the hate what this scene got xD

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
People really love bringing this line out without actually acknowledging the fact that the game contextualizes its use incredibly well and the characters are well aware of how stupid it sounds, they actively comment and laugh about it but continue to say this to each other as an inside joke about how they first met.
I played through the scene by the waterfall where they joke about using that line a few days ago, it sucks that people keep parroting this without context just to shit on the game.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, hes just giving an honest review of a review.

I would even review his review review a solid 8.997/10. Very underrated and most people will only see the hilarious surface level post and will miss the deeper message which analyses the plight of existance itself.

Last edited:

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
ENn48l-U8AE3RVU

I have no problem with people disliking the game, but this out of context shit posting is no better than the guy who wrote the essay. There is a very clear reason why she uses that line, but it's better to just cherry pick.

Edit: Poorly worded. Hate is much worse than a try-hard posting an already abused out of context screenshot.

Last edited:

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I have no problem with people disliking the game, but this out of context shit posting is no better than the guy who wrote the essay. There is a very clear reason why she uses that line, but it's better to just cherry pick.
Ah yes, posting a humorous screenshot out of context is exactly the same as sending nasty emails to reviewers.

No wonder Patrick keeps getting emails from this fanbase.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The behavior over video game reviews is weird.

people associate their hype for games as part of their personalities, particularly when its an exclusive title on their preferred platform. When the game is reviewed poorly, they feel that their preferred platform has been attacked and by that transitive property, they have been personally attacked. The people who would fall under that category typically have low emotional intelligence. Hard core Sports fans often do the same thing when their team loses or if they are around someone who prefers the rival team.

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its his opinion of the game which is more than fair, reviews don't have to be fair. His job is literally to look at the game and give an opinion of it for people who want to read about it before playing.

If it was just his opinion, that would be fine, but his review is also filled with factual inaccuracies and condemnations of the game based on inaccurate assumptions about the story.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will say that Patrick's review is a little too harsh on some stuff that don't reflect my experience with the game (namely how interesting the open world is, the controls and the roles of Sarah and Boozer in the plot), but I can totally understand where he came from with what he wrote, even if it's not something I agree with.

Edit: that said, if it took him 20h just to get to the militia area, then he was either being very completionist or just dragging his feet and developed a wrong impression of the game's pacing.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You piece of shit go fuck yourself you are the reason the human race is on the brink of extinction and also you smell of sewage and your face looks like a rat's anus.

Btw don't be offended by my criticism it's just a friendly discussion love your work peace.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Ha, you should see the emails developers get.

We got a six page screed from an angry mother who said we were promoting unnatural ideals and were pushing children away from eating vegetables because we made the first boss of Cuphead a gang of veggies.

You get all kinds of nutty stuff (and really, really heartwarming things too).

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017

Edit: Poorly worded. Hate is much worse than a try-hard posting an already abused out of context screenshot.

These two things are the extent of my knowledge of days gone. I've never written weird internet hate mail. The post is and was, in fact, not tryhard at all.

As you acknowledge, memes, if a crime at all, are not anywhere near the level of internet hate mail.

Anyway, all love and peace, just discussion.

Last edited:

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017

These two things are the extent of my knowledge of days gone. I've never written weird internet hate mail. The post is and was, in fact, not tryhard at all.

As you acknowledge, memes, if a crime at all, are not anywhere near the level of internet hate mail.

Anyway, all love and peace, just discussion.

The team at Bend worked very hard on the game, and they are incredibly nice and humble people who read these boards. People attack the game when all they know of it are hot takes from people that didn't bother to even play the game enough to understand the context. The writing in Days Gone is actually very well done imo, and that stupid screenshot being used as it has been is insulting to the developers. I know you're just messing around, I guess I just feel bad for the people at Bend for being shit on. Love and peace to you as well.