• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Shitty year stays shitty

apple.news

Dawn Wells Dead: 'Gilligan's Island' Star Dies From Covid Compilations At 82 — Deadline

Dawn Wells, best known for playing the girl-next-door castaway Mary Ann on the iconic CBS comedy series Gilligan’s Island, died Wednesday morning in Los Angeles of complications due to Covid-19. She was 82. Wells, who was Miss Nevada in the 1959 Miss America pageant, beat out 350 actresses for...

I loved Gilligan's Island. Used to watch the reruns over and over when I was a kid.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
With that growing up in the '90s thread, this reminded me that I watched shows like Gilligan's Island, The Andy Griffith Show, and I love Lucy but I had no idea they were decades old already. RIP.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With that growing up in the '90s thread, this reminded me that I watched shows like Gilligan's Island, The Andy Griffith Show, and I love Lucy but I had no idea they were decades old already. RIP.

Yep, if you didn't have cable, being sick/summer days in the 90s meant your daytime TV experience consisted of these golden oldies (also talk shows like Maury and Jerry Springer, buts that a whole other topic).

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
Oh noo :( Loved her, that was one of my favorite shows as a kid, rip :(

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There are certain "classic beauties" and she was certainly one of them. I had a classmate who was the spitting image of her that we often joked about being her long lost daughter.
30Wells1-articleLarge.jpg

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
maaannn, one of those celebrities I just took for granted and assumed she'd live to be like 110 and would be around forever :( RIP

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Loved watching Gilligan's Island when I was younger with my dad.

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a reboot yet. I think it's "monster of the week" setup is pretty timeless.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
This fucking sucks, and it's heartbreaking it was due to covid.

Gilligan's Island is timeless to me. I grew up watching it on the Turner channels and it's something that immediately makes me nostalgic whenever I think about it. Despite the show being decades old when I saw it. RIP Dawn. :(

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
So sad :( I used to watch the re-run of the show with my family. (In french though)

Damn 2020/Covid.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I was pleasently surprised to see her in Love on the Spectrum recently. I thought she'd already passed on. RIP.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Man...2020 will be a bitch until the very last minute huh? RIP, I remember watching the show fairly often in my teen years.
I guess only Ginger remains now...