• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
DAvid-Ramsey-2-Diggle.jpg

(Source: Deadline)

EXCLUSIVE: David Ramsey (aka John Diggle) will be busy both behind and in front of the camera for the CW. Ramsey, who most recently starred in Arrow as John Diggle/Spartan will return to direct five episodes in the DC Universe, including the new series Superman & Lois, and Supergirl. Additionally, Ramsey will guest star in five episodes across the Arrowverse, returning as fan favorite John Diggle in Superman & Lois, Supergirl, The Flash and Batwoman, along with a mystery role in DC's Legends of Tomorrow, which is being kept under wraps. Ramsey made his directorial debut on Arrow in 2018 and directed a second episode during the series' final season.

In the series finale of Arrow, Ramsey's John Diggle moved to Metropolis after finding an emerald ring, presumably the power ring worn by Green Lantern in the pages of DC Comics. There has been speculation that Diggle might return at some point as the Green Lantern, so stay tuned.

"I remain in awe of the imprint these shows have had on television and I've been blessed for the better part of a decade to be a part of them both in front of and behind the camera," said Ramsey. "To say I'm excited beyond belief to return to the Berlantiverse would be an understatement. I can't wait to continue telling these stories."

Ramsey's previous credits include Blue Bloods, opposite Tom Selleck and the role of Anton Biggs on Dexter. He also drew critical praise for his starring role as Muhammad Ali in the television biopic Ali: An American Hero. On the feature side, Ramsey's credits include a starring role in the Rodrigo Garcia directed Mother and Child, as well as Pay It Forward and Draft Day. Ramsey is repped by manager Nils Larsen at Integral Artists, APA, and Goodman, Genow, Schenkman Smelkinson & Christopher.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
They should just reward him for his long commitment to these cw shows by giving him a spot in the hbo max green lantern show as john stewart or something

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Warners are apparently going to be spending a fortune on their Green Lantern series for HBO Max and no doubt will spend even more on their eventual Green Lantern theatrical film, so I'm not entirely sure why they would then want a Green Lantern complete with (let's generously describe them as..) 'modest' CW level VFX debuting ahead of both?

Eh. Given that they are developing a Wonder Girl series for the CW they are probably pretty comfortable with the 'church and state' that exists between the two.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Glad Ramsey's still getting work in the Arrowverse even if his show is gone.

I will keep my expectations low re: him actually becoming a GL until I see proof otherwise, but this is good either way.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Didn't they literally have him finding the ring in the last episode of Arrow?

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty dope if he becomes the green lantern. I haven't watched arrowverse in ages, but Diggle was always a great character.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Warners are apparently going to be spending a fortune on their Green Lantern series for HBO Max and no doubt will spend even more on their eventual Green Lantern theatrical film, so I'm not entirely sure why they would then want a Green Lantern complete with (let's generously describe them as..) 'modest' CW level VFX debuting ahead of both?

Eh. Given that they are developing a Wonder Girl series for the CW they are probably pretty comfortable with the 'church and state' that exists between the two.
It wouldn't be unrealistic as both shows - all the Arrowverse shows and the Green Lantern HBO show - are created by Greg Berlanti. He is also the dude that brought Batman onto Titans and is/was putting a Bruce Wayne look-a-like on Batwoman. Warner has given him enough money to give him freedom.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't touched Arrow since that season where Oliver went to prison and then go out and some shit. I haven't touched Flash since Cicada, that villain broke the entire Arrowverse for me. I was just so done, still don't even know how that Flash season ends because of how dumb that villain was.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Outstanding. Smart to keep the GL to one episode really, as .... I imagine budget would be a bit annoying for CW for more.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
It wouldn't be unrealistic as both shows - all the Arrowverse shows and the Green Lantern HBO show - are created by Greg Berlanti.

They are all produced by Greg Berlanti, they aren't all created by him. I was really talking from a branding point of view rather than whether it was possible or not.

But as you say they probably see that there is enough of a 'divide' between the CW and what they are trying to do on HBO Max and/or on film to avoid stepping on each others toes.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
They are all produced by Greg Berlanti, they aren't all created by him. I was really talking from a branding point of view rather than whether it was possible or not.

But as you say they probably see that there is enough of a 'divide' between the CW and what they are trying to do on HBO Max and/or on film to avoid stepping on each others toes.
Also looks like John Stewart isn't in the HBO show.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
AGRC9Jel.png

They aren't hiding it. This might be a red herring. Let's be honest, CW shows don't have the budget to do Green Lantern.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
"To say I'm excited beyond belief to return to the Berlantiverse would be an understatement. I can't wait to continue telling these stories."
ffs it's not the Berlantiverse

it's the Diggleverse

congrats to the guy for making it as the crossover character and an established director, he has good chops. Also get Katie Cassidy back too because her debut episode was really well directed.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
ffs it's not the Berlantiverse

it's the Diggleverse

congrats to the guy for making it as the crossover character and an established director, he has good chops. Also get Katie Cassidy back too because her debut episode was really well directed.

I mean, she's coming back as a series regular in Canaries if it's picked up.

(I think we would have heard it was dead by now if it weren't. My guess is it will be a fall 2021 show.)

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Diggle is a weird character for me. He's always great on crossovers, but in Arrow he constantly fluctuated between best character on the show and an insufferable whiny idiot. I'm glad he's sticking around though.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like the actor and the character, and if this really is Green Lantern, it would just be the cherry on top.