• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

In Abrams we trust. It will be interesting to see how they fare when Trump is not on the ballot.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this loser loses again so the GOP gets the fucking hint that GA doesn't belong to them anymore.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
They are already working on restricting the voting in GA big time though. Pretty sure I saw an article saying they went after all the ways people were able to vote immediately after losing.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
They are already working on restricting the voting in GA big time though. Pretty sure I saw an article saying they went after all the ways people were able to vote immediately after losing.

yes, this needs much more traction.

The party is trying to stop the mail in voting and some other bullshit, ballot boxes, the whole voting process.

thehill.com

Georgia GOP seeks to tighten voting rules after spate of losses

Georgia Republicans are pushing a series of new voting rules that would clamp down on or roll back many of the policies that helped drive Democratic turnout in recent elections.The measures being i…

Georgia Republicans are pushing a series of new voting rules that would clamp down on or roll back many of the policies that helped drive Democratic turnout in recent elections.

The measures being introduced in the GOP-controlled state legislature include efforts to ban automatic voter registration and the use of drop boxes for returning absentee ballots. Another proposal seeks to do away with a state law that allows voters to cast absentee ballots without an excuse for doing so.

The new push for voting restrictions comes after Democrats scored a slew of victories in Georgia in late 2020 and early 2021.

"The 2020 election revealed dramatic weaknesses in Georgia's system for conducting elections, and as a result, public confidence in the integrity of that system has been shattered," the report reads. "Public confidence cannot be restored by pretending that these weaknesses do not exist. A problem must first be recognized before it can be solved."

Still, the efforts have clear political undertones. One of the proposals recommended by the Georgia GOP's Election Confidence Task Force calls for the state Elections Division to be placed under the purview of the state Elections Board, effectively stripping the secretary of state's office of its elections oversight duties.

Raffensperger ran afoul of Trump and his allies after defending the state's handling of its elections and pushing back against the former president's assertions that the presidential contest had been stolen from him. Trump continued to make the claims despite courts repeatedly tossing out his team's legal challenges to the election results.

Several of the election reform proposals from both legislators and the state GOP appear geared toward addressing the complaints of Trump and his campaign, who frequently spread baseless claims that widespread absentee voting would lead to rampant election fraud.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I don't know why people are so confident here. It was a very weird race under weird circumstances not the least of which was the President telling his supporters not to vote because it's rigged, and it was very close. Plus won't Abrams be busy running for governor? Or is that 2024?

Also, midterms.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Warnock will have the pleasure of saying he defeated both Loeffler and Perdue on his resume.
This seat is very losable if turnout droops, and Perdue is a better candidate than Loeffler.
I don't know why people are so confident here. It was a very weird race under weird circumstances not the least of which was the President telling his supporters not to vote because it's rigged, and it was very close. Plus won't Abrams be busy running for governor? Or is that 2024?
Abrams running for governor is a benefit, since she'll be turning out voters who will also vote downticket.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
yes, this needs much more traction.

The party is trying to stop the mail in voting and some other bullshit, ballot boxes, the whole voting process.

thehill.com

Georgia GOP seeks to tighten voting rules after spate of losses

Georgia Republicans are pushing a series of new voting rules that would clamp down on or roll back many of the policies that helped drive Democratic turnout in recent elections.The measures being i…
Yeah, they are rigging this shit hard and hope everything can get together for them in 2022. Expect this to be the gameplan coming in 2022 for the senate races.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Loses against white dude
Runs against black guy
Not just that, but against the black guy who is actually considerably more popular than the white guy. If Perdue couldn't beat Ossof, then he's going to lose even worse to Warnock.

Only way Perdue wins is if those proposed Georgia voting restrictions pass, but hopefully the new Voting Rights Act gets passed in the US Congress to stop state laws like that.

Oct 22, 2020
This seat is very losable if turnout droops, and Perdue is a better candidate than Loeffler.
With Abrams almost certainly running for governor, I'm optimistic there's going to be very strong turnout in Georgia next fall.

HOWEVER, the Georgia Legislature fucking around with voting restrictions is what's really concerning to me. Yet another reason for Congress to pass a voting rights bill this term.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, they will use their current power to stifle change and implement stricter voter regs.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Feels like he will have some bad optics going into a competition with Warnock. Though in Georgia, who knows.

perdue-white-power.jpg

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?!

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to see if he maintains his pathetic strategy of refusing to debate his opponent or talking to non-conservative media now that he's a challenger.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
lol, complaining about the debt under Obama in that note...where the fuck was he the past 4 years?

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're counting on the recent GA flip to be due to mail in ballots, which they'll try to crush in 2022.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Of course, the Black senator gotta be hit with all the heavy load to keep his seat. We need a Voting Rights Act NOW.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Perdue doesn't stand a chance. He will continue to use the same old GOP playbook of fear mongering, attacking Warnock's character, and most of all showing allegiance to Trump which will cause the same turnout as last year. Any type of attempted voter suppression will be put on blast and used as even more of a rallying cry against them.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how badly the Dems fuck up these next two years. I could see him winning.

The John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act needs to be passed without it GOP gains control of the House of Representatives in 2022 through gerrymandering and redistricting.

It's less to do with how bad Dems can mess up and more to do with the playing field is not stacked in their favor after the 2020 census and redistricting where red states will see more seats and those districts are defined by GOP controlled state legislatures. California is most likely to lose seats and its districting is controlled by an independent body to make districting fairer.