• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
God I miss the wild discourse TP season 3 inspired, people fucking hated Dougie! Truly such a fun experience

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hell yeah

Ekd2PtTU8AIUWPz.jpg

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who recently started getting into David Lynch by way of Twin Peaks, more David Lynch TV sounds fucking incredible. TP Season 3 is among the best media I've ever experienced

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see a potential season 4 but I'm interested in whatever Lynch wants to do.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
David has hinted about how Twin Peaks season 4 could go, mentioning continuing a specific character's story, which would be amazing , if that was the case.

Otherwise, anything new from David is a godsend honestly.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
BLUE SKIES AND GOLDEN SUNSHINE ALL ALONG THE WAY

Twin Peaks or not, this will make me very happy

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Oh God, allow this man to direct this series.

I honestly thought that David was quite old for doing S3, but with COVID, I hope he takes care of himself. People get anxious about future Mad Max movies by Miller, but this is the director I get the most 'anxious' about not finishing his work, and frankly I hope that this man gets to produce all he wants.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I'm very excited. This is very cool news, even though we already knew he had something in the works with Netflix it is cool to learn it is an actual full series.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
What the hell? How am I only now hearing of this? Where is the "Dear Twitter Friends" tweet for this? I couldn't be more excited for this announcement. Hope he directs every episode and they give him the budget he needs. Twin Peaks Season 3 was magical.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this has nothing at all to do with Twin Peaks, but is instead a completely fresh take on a TV series, with Netflix giving him all the money he wants and needs. I say this as someone who absolutely loved The Return.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Bela Bejaria was putting an end to Netflix throwing money directly into the dumpster bin of niche bullshit?

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
It feels entirely unnecessary to piss all over the thread like this. Many of us have been waiting for news about Lynch's new project for a long time.

This announcement runs counter to Netflix's new initiative of focusing on producing big global hits over niche/prestige shows that nobody knows exist (such as The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, which, like Twin Peaks: The Return, was a costly disappointment).

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This announcement runs counter to Netflix's new initiative of focusing on producing big global hits over niche/prestige shows that nobody knows exist (such as The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, which, like Twin Peaks: The Return, was a costly disappointment).

Why does this even matter? We're not Netflix execs so I'm not sure why it's relevant to any of us how it fits into their new initiative. All that matters is that if this is true then Lynch is getting tens of millions for a new series which is excellent news.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Why does this even matter? We're not Netflix execs so I'm not sure why it's relevant to any of us how it fits into their new initiative. All that matters is that if this is true then Lynch is getting tens of millions for a new series which is excellent news.

This is a discussion forum and different people are going to be interested in different aspects of any given story - e.g. creative, business, etc.

I just thought it was an interesting development in Netflix's ongoing restructuring and reorganization efforts. The days of Netflix throwing tons of money at big name creators and getting something niche in return are supposed to be coming to an end.

PizzaKing

May 24, 2019
Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean its fair game to be completely dismissive of the property by calling it bullshit and say no one knows about it

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
So? This isn't a thread about some Netflix initiative. It's a thread about the next David Lynch project. Which you immediately referred to as 'bullshit.'

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
This is a discussion forum and different people are going to be interested in different aspects of any given story - e.g. creative, business, etc.

I just thought it was an interesting development in Netflix's ongoing restructuring and reorganization efforts. The days of Netflix throwing tons of money at big name creators and getting something niche in return are supposed to be coming to an end.

so why not discuss it instead of flying in here with a hot take that a David Lynch project in 2020 is "niche bullshit"? How are you a mod on here?

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean its fair game to be completely dismissive of the property by calling it bullshit and say no one knows about it

Niche bullshit is all David Lynch has done for the last several decades, so I was just extrapolating. I'll be the first to eat crow if Wisteria somehow turns out differently!

So? This isn't a thread about some Netflix initiative. It's a thread about the next David Lynch project.

...which is on Netflix.