• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I had no idea he had a Youtube channel. Now I know what to watch this afternoon.

Also he is so wholesome.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
We don't deserve him. Love these weather reports he's been doing.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I think there's like 3 black characters in all his movies/shows. He's my favorite director but it's a legit criticism.

Glad to see him post this.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
hahaha the sounds that happen when he walks away sound like he's being teleported to another dimension

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
How does he rectify these two ideas? Talk about cognitive dissonance...
Lynch seems to be, for better and for worse, focused very much on how things appear and feel inside his own head. He's kind of like his own films, full of contrasting elements that when combined don't necessarily mesh with observable reality. I fucking hate it when people do stuff like that in general, like when people claim to be fiscally conservative but socially liberal or other such wank, but Lynch is...different, because I simply have no idea under what type of logic that man operates. He seemed to love something about the idea of what Reagan represented, but he also seemed to love Bernie Sanders because of what he stands for. Like the man himself said, he's not a political person. He's a fucking mystery. Not that any of this makes him immune to criticism, mind you. There are certainly things that I think Lynch can shove right up his arse.

But boy, does he ever have the most beautiful hair.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Lynch seems to be, for better and for worse, focused very much on how things appear and feel inside his own head. He's kind of like his own films, full of contrasting elements that when combined don't necessarily mesh with observable reality. I fucking hate it when people do stuff like that in general, like when people claim to be fiscally conservative but socially liberal or other such wank, but Lynch is...different, because I simply have no idea under what type of logic that man operates. He seemed to love something about the idea of what Reagan represented, but he also seemed to love Bernie Sanders because of what he stands for. Like the man himself said, he's not a political person. He's a fucking mystery. Not that any of this makes him immune to criticism, mind you. There are certainly things that I think Lynch can shove right up his arse.

Yeah, I'm not really interested in his political views as the man is a nut. Same dude saying how Trump could go down as a great President then walks it back and says he still can if he unites everyone.

Dude lives in his own world, a place no sane person should ever enter.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

I appreciate you elaborating and I do agree about his hair haha.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, I'm not really interested in his political views as the man is a nut. Same dude saying how Trump could go down as a great President then walks it back and says he still can if he unites everyone.

Plus, you can count on one hand the amount of black people he's cast in his projects.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017

From what I remember, but I might be remembering the walk-back, he seemed to speak about Trump potentially becoming the greatest because of the effects he would indirectly have, rather him being great as such. Some new age-y idea about how disrupting things can give birth to new, good things. Not that I think that's much better. Not having a fascist president will always be better than actually having one. But yeah, the man is a nut. What are you gonna do.

If he makes a more direct response, he should quote himself and tell everyone to fix their hearts or die.
One of my favourite Lynch moments for sure.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017

I was planning on replying to this thread with pretty much exactly this post yesterday, but got distracted. I agree with all of this, including the bit about his hair.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
ah ! that's very cool but....can we have a new movie please?
or a new tv show?

Oct 27, 2017
I like the idea of him having the perfect cut measured and marked, ready to go, and then decides to do a weather update.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
There was a couple.

A nurse in the pilot and then a coach in the series when Nadine joined the wrestling team (but I doubt Lynch had anything to do with casting him)
There's also FBI agent Roger Hardy and Louie, the Great Northern desk clerk. Plus, Jumping Man and Electrician in Fire Walk With Me.
Louie is played by Bellina Logan who appeared in a bunch of Lynch projects... usually in microscopic cameo roles and a deleted scene. D:

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's also FBI agent Roger Hardy and Louie, the Great Northern desk clerk. Plus, Jumping Man and Electrician in Fire Walk With Me.
Louie is played by Bellina Logan who appeared in a bunch of Lynch projects... usually in microscopic cameo roles and a deleted scene. D:

Right. Though, any of those who weren't in a Lynch directed episode, he likely had nothing to do with hiring.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Right. Though, any of those who weren't in a Lynch directed episode, he likely had nothing to do with hiring.
It's hard to say either way. Lynch likes to act like he didn't have anything to do with the episodes he didn't direct, but he's directly responsible for casting Evelyn Marsh, for example, and that's supposed to be the period of the show when he completely checked out.