• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
If Steam is so good with their policies and he uses it all the time why is he not supporting the platform himself and why is he not as vocal when it comes to PS refund policies?

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I just took a look through his account and he definitely seems to act like his shit doesn't stink.

All I see is negativity

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The weird thing is that you can just look at the trailer and screenshots and you know that this game will be a strange one. No reason to blame reviews and nothing trolly about the game

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
What an edgelord. Imagine writing a rude ass message like that simply because you didn't like the game.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I never understood why people keep making threads about this guy. Who cares? He hasn't been relevant for years. Arguably ever.

Jul 10, 2020
Not to mention he keeps peddling this narrative that "Xbox can't keep talent" when Drew Murray went back to Insomniac.

Dude was trying to turn a man going back to his old company for mental health to a console war thing.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I played the game and left a positive review because I enjoyed what it's doing. Apparently according to Jaffe I'm a troll, nice to know.
Anyone who watches the store page trailer will have a pretty good idea of how the game is, because it's a very good trailer.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
I actually used to really like Jaffe.

What happened? Went from creating God Of War & Twisted Metal to creating that dumpster fire Drawn To Death. And now this. Dudes the definition of washed up.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Is there some rule that once you make a couple poorly-received games you need to start making up for it by trying to generate controversy?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Not even sure how to reply to this. Like there's nothing even impressive about how dumb this is. The guy is having some dumbass tantrum, picking a fight for no reason. Like a kid screaming in a department store about wanting ice cream, and everyone just recoils and moves on.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Not to mention he keeps peddling this narrative that "Xbox can't keep talent" when Drew Murray went back to Insomniac.

Dude was trying to turn a man going back to his old company for mental health to a console war thing.
Every interview comes across as take me back Sony. I'll do another Twisted Metal, anything you want I'm here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Jaffe is fuck wad, the less attention we pay to him, the better. He is not smart.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Jaffe has extreme boomer energy and him being a huge Karen ostensibly for views is unfortunately encouraged by YouTube's algorithm, so whereas in a sane world someone would be able to say "stop, you're fucking up and are being incredibly cringe" he instead gets a bunch of dopamine channel hits by reactionaries and it reinforces his behavior.

Oct 27, 2017
Related - does anyone have a link to the God Of War 1 making of disc that I think EBGames had for pre-orders?

I remember watching it and thinking everybody was talking around Jaffe being a dick...this was before I knew who he was, but it left an impression. I want to rewatch to see if that was a correct impression or in my head

Whenever a new Jaffe story pops up, I think about that interview lol

Jul 10, 2020
Was it David Jaffe's idea for God Of War II to have the hidden ending implying that Kratos was going to follow the Star Of Bethlehem?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
And the jaffe cycle continues and you just fed it OP.

GAFers and now ERA members, keep making threads for every fucking fart this stain makes, which in turn users feel like he is still relevant enough to run to make a thread for his next fuck up. The man made one game the world cared about 20 years ago, but every story his name is attached to the last decade has been him showing what an asshole he is.

Let him go, please.

omf

Oct 30, 2017
It's not hard to see how Cruelty Squad would be off-putting and not everyone's cup of tea but Jaffe has the worst attitude imaginable and whining about a single-dev game is seldom very cool.
Anyway, Cruelty Squad is great. Quality writing and themes as well as solid and creative mechanics. It's a wild moment when you realize that in terms of structure and progression it takes just as much from
Demon's Souls
as Deus Ex and Hitman. There's some real wacky stuff in there.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we giving any oxygen to this dipshit? Jaffe having a bad take or being a general idiot is like as assured as the sky being blue.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Jaffe's modus operandi is this exact pattern. So yes, he makes petulant displays, consciously tries to drag unrelated things into it to increase the "noise" around it, and makes embarrassing public displays rather than actually explaining/resolving the underlying issue. For example, he could have user fewer words to explain to Rami what was up, but he didn't, and went for empty posturing.

His "business model" for self promotion is internet outage. He's a professional embarrassment. The more people are aware of this, and aren't so "in the trenches" that they're easily manipulated by him, the better. He makes the industry a worse place with all of this, and the lingering threads of credibility that connect him to modern talent trick other people into assuming he deserves respect along the way.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing this dude who's pushing 50 say things like "trolling" and "the internets" while bullying an indie dev makes me want to throw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.