• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
plaegck7w.png

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I braved his YouTube channel to see the fuller context on this, because he put out a video after some media ran with this tweet.

Summary:
- He "knows for a fact there will be 2 very 'first party Sony big single player games at Thursday's showcase, if that's what you're looking for'
- Says he learned about the "mindblowing" title from a guy who is definitely in the know "but this thing is something the guy asked me if they were showing, and if he's asking about it it must be in production and far along."
- Says what is mind blowing about it is the combination of which IP it is and which developer is developing it, seemingly not the game itself necessarily.
- Says "this developer working on this is a CHOICE" with bewildered emphasis on "CHOICE".
- Says this mindblowing thing could be something to come later and not at the showcase since his informant was asking him if it was there, and he didn't even know it existed until he was asked about it.

Interesting.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
His statement is really vague and can be applied to any single game that gets announced at the show. And if there isn't any mindblowing new game there, he still has the disclaimer "no idea when it gets unveiled" lol.

Just a not-serious joke tweet is my guess lol.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
New Infamous maybe? (Btw, don't cook and Twitter at the same time Jaffe! :D)

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Jaffe hate is unreal.
I literally spent an evening tweeting him, because he went out of the woods to white knight Evilore as I was calling him out, that allowing hate speech, nazis and white suppremacists shouldn't be allowed a platform and he went on his long tirades about free speech and how I should debate him on his fucking podcast.

He seems to have gotten better lately on that front, but the hate is warranted, he cultivated this.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Yeah, absolutely nothing tweet.

That said, Sony definitely need their own Elder Scrolls competitor now, and I do frequently wonder how much my mind will be blown seeing their first party quality take on a first person sandbox fantasy RPG. Years away before they even reveal anything, but I'm excited for the day it happens.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
Siren Remaster for PS4/PS5
( i dun think it will happen in this earth , maybe another parallel timeline )

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I remember creating a thread for when he said God of Wark Ragnarok would release on PS4. It was quickly closed cause it wasn´t considered a "reliable" source. Why is this thread still open then?

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Summary:
- Says what is mind blowing about it is the combination of which IP it is and which developer is developing it, seemingly not the game itself necessarily.
- Says "this developer working on this is a CHOICE" with bewildered emphasis on "CHOICE".

Berserk by From is finally happening ❤️

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Yeah, absolutely nothing tweet.

That said, Sony definitely need their own Elder Scrolls competitor now, and I do frequently wonder how much my mind will be blown seeing their first party quality take on a first person sandbox fantasy RPG. Years away before they even reveal anything, but I'm excited for the day it happens.
Do they?

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even get a PS5 and the Plaeystation is already out.

This is a huge nothing tweet but I bet it's Twisted Metal related if he's this jazzed about it. Sucks though, I was hoping we could move past the day of late 90s/early 00s teen edgelord car combat and get the next entry in Vigilante 8, the superior, more creative and fun car combat game with an infinitely better soundtrack.

Could be literally anything though, which makes this tweet fucking hilarious in it's superficiality.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
What a pointless fucking tweet.

A pointless fucking tweet from a known jackass at that.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I literally spent an evening tweeting him, because he went out of the woods to white knight Evilore as I was calling him out, that allowing hate speech, nazis and white suppremacists shouldn't be allowed a platform and he went on his long tirades about free speech and how I should debate him on his fucking podcast.

He seems to have gotten better lately on that front, but the hate is warranted, he cultivated this.
I started following him a couple of months ago (so I don't know everything he has done in the past) and he's definitely a weird mofo, but I don't think he's a bad guy. And he still has connections to the industry, so I don't understand why people get so angry when he talks about stuff like this; insisting Jaffe knows "fuck all". He definitely knows more than 99% people on this forum, that's for sure. The tweet in the OP is indeed pretty useless, the video that someone summarized is definitely more interesting.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
I cannot believe a major game publisher is going to release a sick ass game on the console they manufacture.

Anyway here's SBF Pat OHKO'ing David Jaffe into the next millennium.

And then Pat started a string of donations in response to Jaffe saying Superchat money would go to the Trevor Project. Legendary.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"Sony has an exclusive that people will lose their minds over" is like the freakin' easiest prediction on the planet to make XD This is a whole lotta nothing from Jaffe.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

I did the exact same thing with him. Can't remember exactly what the argument was about since its been years but it was another example of him defending people saying terrible things in some both side bullshit.

Guy deserves the criticism for sure and those defending him should listen to those who are critical of him.

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, he did say it was a useless tweet. He saw something and he just wanted to scream it out because it was exciting.

I braved his YouTube channel to see the fuller context on this, because he put out a video after some media ran with this tweet.

Summary:
- He "knows for a fact there will be 2 very 'first party Sony big single player games at Thursday's showcase, if that's what you're looking for'
- Says he learned about the "mindblowing" title from a guy who is definitely in the know "but this thing is something the guy asked me if they were showing, and if he's asking about it it must be in production and far along."
- Says this mindblowing thing could be something to come later and not at the showcase since his informant was asking him if it was there, and he didn't even know it existed until he was asked about it.

Thank you for the added context.

Keep in mind who you're stanning for

www.resetera.com

We should give people like Milo a platform, Says Jaffe; not doing so is ruining the country. Defends himself with NPC memes.

Man, fuck this “both sides” bullshit. No Jaffe, we don’t need to give degenerate alt-right neo-Nazi bullshit a platform to speak “loud and proud”. Edit: Our dude is full on making NPC memes now

He's also significantly pro-trans rights and acceptance.

I think some people on this board misunderstand his position. I'm big on NOT giving people a platform if they're terrible, but I used to think like him because there's a sizable number of people on the left who follow the, "Disagree with what you say but fight for your right to say it," mindset. And for many, that applies to all facets that they should be allowed to speak because government should not censor "minority" opinions. With Jaffe being a Jewish name and the history of governments oppressing our Jewish friends, I can see him thinking this because many "minority" positions become majority positions later (I'm talking things like interracial marriage rights, gay marriage rights, gays serving openly, abolishment of slavery), and there needs to be a check on powers to censor that. But I've noticed in the past maybe 10ish years more people getting away from that mindset (as I did) as some of the more extreme elements have actually come into power, and the distinction is you have a right to your opinion and not the right to a megaphone.

That's where I fall now which is why I majorly support deplatforming people like Alex Jones and Trump. He's not there yet, but it doesn't mean he'll never be.

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
Dude either leak the IP or the dev, don't tweet "i know something you don't know"

i get he's excited but c'mon, just use your private discord server or whatever group chat

Oct 27, 2017
I started following him a couple of months ago (so I don't know everything he has done in the past) and he's definitely a weird mofo, but I don't think he's a bad guy. And he still has connections to the industry, so I don't understand why people get so angry when he talks about stuff like this; insisting Jaffe knows "fuck all". He definitely knows more than 99% people on this forum, that's for sure. The tweet in the OP is indeed pretty useless, the video that someone summarized is definitely more interesting.
I'm sure he knows something legit too, it's just funny that he goes "I need to say something, but I know this is saying nothing".

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
He also predicts GOW 2 is 40 hours long!!
lol It wasn't going to be 10hrs long, or 70.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
There is really no reason to believe he is lying. He has had Cory Barlog on his show and it's clear they talk along with other Creative Directors at Sony Studios. He used to be a big guy at Sony Santa Monica creating God of War and Twisted Metal.

He created a billion dollar franchise and another property that is being made into a TV show for Sony now. A lot of the people still working at the studio worked with or for him.

That doesn't mean the information he is saying here is surprising or revealing, but some of the comments in here saying he wouldn't know anything are far removed from reality.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017

Summary:
- Says "this developer working on this is a CHOICE" with bewildered emphasis
Maybe Pixel Opus? Aren't they working with Sony Animation or something?

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, he did say it was a useless tweet. He saw something and he just wanted to scream it out because it was exciting.

Thank you for the added context.

He's also significantly pro-trans rights and acceptance.

I think some people on this board misunderstand his position. I'm big on NOT giving people a platform if they're terrible, but I used to think like him because there's a sizable number of people on the left who follow the, "Disagree with what you say but fight for your right to say it," mindset. And for many, that applies to all facets that they should be allowed to speak because government should not censor "minority" opinions. With Jaffe being a Jewish name and the history of governments oppressing our Jewish friends, I can see him thinking this because many "minority" positions become majority positions later (I'm talking things like interracial marriage rights, gay marriage rights, gays serving openly, abolishment of slavery), and there needs to be a check on powers to censor that. But I've noticed in the past maybe 10ish years more people getting away from that mindset (as I did) as some of the more extreme elements have actually come into power, and the distinction is you have a right to your opinion and not the right to a megaphone.

That's where I fall now which is why I majorly support deplatforming people like Alex Jones and Trump. He's not there yet, but it doesn't mean he'll never be.
I don't think this is enough to excuse his endorsement of a Nazi speaking. Liberals who support the whole "Disagree with what you say but fight for your right to say it" opinion usually come from a place of privilege. It's bullshit.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm about 50-50 on first party Sony games (mostly dislike them as of the past few years now after being really high on them during PS3 and early PS4). Something tells me that a first party game that Jaffa claimed to be "badass" is probably another game in a first party catalogue that isn't for me.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is enough to excuse his endorsement of a Nazi speaking. Liberals who support the whole "Disagree with what you say but fight for your right to say it" opinion usually come from a place of privilege. It's bullshit.
Hasn't that been the ACLU's stance for generations? Crackdowns on free speech usually go against the left, because the current police state is an apparatus of the right?

Facebook is seeing plenty of right wing voices thriving while independent left wing outlets doing real journalism are commercially nonviable on the platform along with Twitter marking them as disinformation

Status
Not open for further replies.