• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2019
images

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
As long as the PS5 is compatible with the PS4 and PS3, 2 and 1 including vita im good.

100% chance it will be compatible with PS4.

Significantly less that it will be compatible with the other platforms though. It's just speculation, but I'd wager there's less than 50% chance it'll play anything but PS5 and PS4 games.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm not racist, I just think we need to let high-profile ultra-racists speak their mind without being shamed for it!"

- jaffe, and you, and everyone else defending him
I mean I don't agree with him, he's fallen into that freedom of speech black hole but the guy says he hated Milo. Let me know Jaffe when he is actually causing harm and damage.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. Like I said I've just seen a few of his videos. In which he just talks about any topic his chat presents.
You have to be careful of the ease with which defenders of hateful people excuse those hateful people's behavior. If a world leader, say, failed to condemn white supremacy, calling white supremacists good people, then there was major backlash and that world leader subsequently made a speech written by someone else, under pressure, condemning white supremacy, you'd see many closet white supremacists and like-minded people saying, "thank god he clarified his position. see, he's not that bad of a guy"

It is a massive mistake to take the words of people with repeated attitude and behavior issues, who lie, accuse, and project their failings on others, at face value.

Jaffe knowingly defended an extremely high profile neo-nazi, then got tons of backlash, and then said, oops actually I hate the guy. I mean, come on.

Last edited:

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
We all know they're having an event this February just like they did with the PS4 reveal back in 2013

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd tend to believe him considering this isn't the first time I've seen Sony and February thrown around.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Summing up the rumors, it's probably true.

However, all this shit involving Jaffe is deeply disappointing. Used to respect the guy as a developer, but watching his videos he comes across as a tad hateful, exasperated internet screaming guy. Not a good look.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Sony should just announce it for February already. But there's a chance they'll wait till late this month or maybe even early February.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

Jaffe is an idiot, but you should probably provide context for this. He does not think Nazi's are good or what they have to say is good. As flawed as a belief as it is, he is arguing that stifling them is garnering them sympathy as perceived victims and feeding them more attention.

I disagree and think it's grossly short sighted, but a Nazi sympathizer he isn't.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think if he was just guessing he wouldn't of said with in 4 weeks and would of instead said next month.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
David Jaffe: The Rian Johnson of video games.

What? Rians the complete opposite. He has respect, clout and is pretty amazing at what he does. I didn't like TLJ, but it's still a greatly made movie. Knives Out is one of the best movies of 2019 for me. David is a hack (and Racist apologist) that has long out stayed his welcome.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
That tweet out of context looks incredibly bad lol but David Jaffe is a democrat and as far as I know still is. I stopped following him long ago cause I'm not a fan of his edgy content but he hates people like Milo and white supremacists. I seen a comment here saying he's a white supremacists which is hilarious. He just support hardcore free speech meaning anyone should be allowed to say anything as long as it doesn't physically harm people. I disagree personally since hate speech promotes and encourages violence but at worst that makes Jaffe and idiot for not seeing that. Certainly not a white supremacists.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Jaffe is an idiot, but you should probably provide context for this. He does not think Nazi's are good or what they have to say is good. As flawed as a belief as it is, he is arguing that stifling them is garnering them sympathy as perceived victims and feeding them more attention.

I disagree and think it's grossly short sighted, but a Nazi sympathizer he isn't.

Well history proved his "concerns" wrong. Milo was deplatformed and ruined. Milo also preached hate so too say Milo should be allowed to speak load and proud is saying hate speech should be allowed. At least that is how I am reading his words.

Oct 25, 2017

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Sony will just release a PS5 trailer during the Super Bowl in place of an event.

/s

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
My gooooooooooooooooooooooooooD how did a 'Jaffe hints at PS5 reveal event' turn into another The Last Jedi discussion? The fuck is wrong with this place lol ?!?!?!?

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Fucking yikes. Imagine being pathetic enough to compare RJ to David Jaffe.

TLJ haters need some fucking help.

I thought the first God of War was much better relative to its medium than any of the modern Star Wars film's have been. But the comparison is dumb, and so is the hate for Jaffe. I don't agree with his views expressed on here, but you would think he actually supported Milo from some of the comments on here.

TheJollyCorner: I don't know...it is a bit crazy.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Well history proved his "concerns" wrong. Milo was deplatformed and ruined. Milo also preached hate so too say Milo should be allowed to speak load and proud is saying hate speech should be allowed. At least that is how I am reading his words.
Like I said, he is an idiot and incredibly short sighted, but I think it's uncharitable what some people are implying without providing actual context. Seeing that alone without knowing what his larger argument was just makes it look like he's saying "I like neonazis". Which I know not to be the case.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the first God of War was much better relative to its medium than any of the modern Star Wars film's have been. But the comparison is dumb, and so is the hate for Jaffe. I don't agree with his views expressed on here, but you would think he actually supported Milo from some of the comments on here.

It's definitely a stupid comparison. And I honestly don't really see the similarities between Jaffe and Johnson besides.. well, no, there aren't any, really. Maybe besides Jaffe making a divisive Twisted Metal game and Johnson making a divisive Star Wars movie.

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
Hmmmm....leading a conversation, sure. Now leading a generation, with superior hardware, software, and diversity of titles. Sony gonna Sony soon enough.

7Fmn.gif

41mill - Xboxone family global sales
100mill - Sony PS4 global sales
Jaffee will do anything for views/clicks at this point. Man, what happened to that guy. Burnout I guess. Hope at some point he gets his shit together and makes another awesome game! Just needs to hire a better Art Director.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
David Jaffe is a terrible person. I still believe this information though, but I thought so long before I saw this post.

Oct 27, 2017
Why is he backpeddling now? He literally said it in his original tweet like he was stating a fact lmao. Douchebag Jaffe never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.