• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Kyle used to have a segement on Geoff Keighleys old YouTube show. Drawn to death was a running joke in the segment.
Jaffe got real mad...
At PSX that year Jaffe and Colin Moriarty even tried to publicly humiliate Kyle live on stage, then Shuhei came out and shut them both up by saying he loves Kyle Bosman and thinks hes hilarious.
Jaffe and Colin Moriarty are looking more and more like quite the dream team

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone has to tell them. Maybe eventually it will sink in.
I'm part of them, and also I feel like you're full of shit. In case you haven't learned, there's no discussion to be had with someone who defends pedophile, anti-jew piece of shits to have a platform to spew their hateful rhetoric.

Last edited:

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Literally some of the most toxic, disrespectful, arrogant and intolerant bunch of people I've seen in the games community. How many of you people even watched the video? How many of you actually listened to what he had to say? Nobody says you have to agree with him, but the guy is being nothing but respectful and conversational. Its like you are a hive mind instead of a group of people from different backgrounds who can have interesting and polite conversations with one another. The level of self importance on this site is unparalleled. It's a shame too, because this site is pretty great resource and template for good discussion.
Its always the ones with under 30 posts in a year

Kaloskatoa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was my problem with the reaction. Jaffe is really liberal and he said one stupid thing (and unfortunately is trying to defend his stance) and it triggered ResetEra. But that's the world we live in these days unfortunately.

agreed with this. Jaffe I think you are a pretty ok avarage dude who means no harm to anyone. Dont bother with what people say on the internet.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I like Era, Era's aight, but Era isn't worth catching feelings over.

capturea0cc4.png

In the grand scheme of things, this site is super niche and tiny, I don't think it's worth yelling about honestly. Plus this is a message board, it'd be like beefing with the whole of Reddit because some rando talked shit, no offense Phantom.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is an idiot.
Sorry but there are no other words for this.
He is defending hateful speech that leads to pain and death and he is naive to think that the US-law
is preventing nazis, sexists, homophobes and all that garbage from spewing this hate.

Also if you read this Jaffe:
A private persone/company doesn't have to give any person a platform to say whatever bullshit they want.
They are not the government. Grow up

Oct 25, 2017
Literally some of the most toxic, disrespectful, arrogant and intolerant bunch of people I've seen in the games community. How many of you people even watched the video? How many of you actually listened to what he had to say? Nobody says you have to agree with him, but the guy is being nothing but respectful and conversational. Its like you are a hive mind instead of a group of people from different backgrounds who can have interesting and polite conversations with one another. The level of self importance on this site is unparalleled. It's a shame too, because this site is pretty great resource and template for good discussion.

You forgot the /s at the end.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Looking into the (entirely one-sided) beef Jaffe had with Kyle Bosman, and I discovered a PS I Love You panel from a couple years ago where Jaffe was still going on about it, and then, 20 minutes later in the panel, Shuhei Yoshida is on and he digresses out of nowhere to go on a small tangent about how much he loves Kyle and how funny he thinks he is and how he admires his heart and character. And honestly? It warmed my fucking heart to see him defend Kyle so wholeheartedly. Kyle has always been a force of good and kindness in the industry whereas you only hear of Jaffe anymore when he says something shitty.

The fact that some lighthearted ribbing about Drawn to Death in a comedy segment by Kyle could lead to years of toxicity and personal attacks from Jaffe speaks to each of their characters. Jaffe is a bitter old man with a huge chip on his shoulder because he just can't seem to get relevant again (except when he's acting up).

tombraiders

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, up there with GamerGate in toxicity eh? Someone explain to me again why i need to tolerate people both-sidsing away intolerant racism by claiming intolerance?
Gamergate was undoubtedly toxic, but I don't see why this site can't also be toxic albeit in a different way, but still toxic nevertheless. I'm a Black Person with Jewish family members that has been called a Nazi by people on this site multiple times for sticking up for Colin Moriarty or Tim Soret or now David Jaffe. If that isn't toxic to you, then I feel deeply sorry for you.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Funny thing is I don't 100% disagree. Of the community I've been in, era has been by far one of the most toxic.

Has something to offer but I get really frustrated at the super constrained conversation offered here. It's a very singular forum.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
I'm part of them, and also I feel like you're full of shit. In case you haven't learned, there's no discussion to be had with someone who defends a pedophile, anti-jew piece of shit that even big name corporations like Twitter and Patreon had to deplatform.
Is he defending the dude or defending his right to legally speak? Even if the latter is fundamentally wrong there's still a difference.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamergate was undoubtedly toxic, but I don't see why this site can't also be toxic albeit in a different way, but still toxic nevertheless. I'm a Black Person with Jewish family members that has been called a Nazi by people on this site multiple times for sticking up for Colin Moriarty or Tim Soret or now David Jaffe. If that isn't toxic to you, then I feel deeply sorry for you.
Well, lying about the content of a video so you can desesperately shit on the community doesn't make you look very good
Also, erm, good job outing that you are an alt account lmao

Like man at least you could have tried to not claim things that literally never happened in your current 30 post account anyone can read through lmao

Mulleman

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Don't levarage your heritage, gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality or religion.

Kaloskatoa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yeah cant help but agree with that.

Even if most times I agree with the general consensus here I feel very sorry to those who disagree because they are gonna get ganged up

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017

Have you, uhhh, not seen GamerGate?
People can have interesting and polite conversations, but you can't blame people for getting hostile against someone who advocates giving a platform for someone who actively makes the lives of people we love and care about worse.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Oh man Jaffe. Chill.

I know his hearts in the right place
I stopped following that other thread a while back, lmao it got to a point where he was accused of being alt-right

but STILL NO people like Milo don't deserve a platform. If you look at the current state of this country and for the World for that matter, you can see why this is an issue. Jaffe, If its making you sad that "gamers need to stop fighting each other", look at alt-right practices for specifically targeting and recruiting susceptible "gamers" for their cause.

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Attacking other members. Trolling.
Whether he's right or wrong can any of you recognize how big of bullies you are. This place is so toxic and the posters causing the toxicity believe they're the moral standard. It's so sickening. Leave the man alone for fucks sake.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
who could have expected this from david jaffe

david "hillary could do more harm than trump" jaffe:
coqmmu-viaaayq0ywstw.jpg

(read from bottom up)

david "I fundamentally agree with a lot of the things that a number of the people who claim to support Gamergate agree with" jaffe

david "new [gaming] hardware is like new pussy" jaffe

david "women should use guns so they don't get raped" jaffe

or david "Wait, what are you saying? I didn't catch that cause I was distracted by the pussy on your face" (directed at female gaffer) jaffe

This is unforgivable. What the fuck? Yeah defend this trashbag, fools.

I'm motherfucking PROUD this puke disproves of this place.

No goddamn vidya could ever counter balance the damage that kind of statement does.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Grats on playing yourself to the point that you made it obvious that this is an alt account.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah cant help but agree with that.

Even if most times I agree with the general consensus here I feel very sorry to those who disagree because they are gonna get ganged up

I feel like both of you having less than 50 messages over a year is not some random coincidence.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I just looked though your post history and none of what you said is in there.

You just admitted that this is a alt account😄. What a dumbass😄😄😄

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017

Incredible callout.

tombraiders said:

My dude literally only comes on this site when there's a rightwing shitbag to defend lol

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resetera is very much governed like Singapore. I think this is very much a clash with the American values of free speech. I have no problem with how a person or community govern themselves, but it's totally disappointing when we judge someone and treat them as a bad person with just one comment of their entire live.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
"Who decides what is hateful and toxic?"

...ok, so the marketplace of ideas is our sacred mechanism for arriving at the truth, but also 100% useless.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whether he's right or wrong can any of you recognize how big of bullies you are. This place is so toxic and the posters causing the toxicity believe they're the moral standard. It's so sickening. Leave the man alone for fucks sake.
LMAO
The dude is the one defending nazi pedophiles on Twitter and going on personal attacks to anyone who disagrees. People will have opinions on that , and they will share that opinion. "Bully" lmao

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Attacking other users; Trolling; History of severe infractions
I agree with some points, disagree with others.

I agree that ResetEra has many many "alt-left"/extreme type posters for example. That's clearly fostered by the current mod team. That's how it will be anywhere there's a medium sized community whether it's here, that other place, amongst subreddits etc.

I disagree that we can't publically decide who is or isn't "toxic" to an extent. Obviously the law has the final say on things such as hate speech, but it obviously can (and should) be called out when it's there.

Year Old Account
27 posts

Ain't nobody going to listen to your bullshit

PS: Jaffe's a cunt.
Fantastic discourse. This sums up what I mean pretty nicely. You were completely rude and condescending to another poster, you added nothing to the discussion...this is how outsiders generalize/see this site. You should be a better person and apologize. But instead fuck me too, right?

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO
The dude is the one defending nazi pedophiles on Twitter and going on personal attacks to anyone who disagrees. People will have opinions on that , and they will share that opinion. "Bully" lmao
This.

Call gaming industry veterans pieces of shits because they didn't liked your game and teased a little bit with it? It's completely fine.

Now don't you ever dare to call Milo-platforming defender/Trump supporter a piece of shit, otherwise you are the bully.

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I watched Jaffes video and... no lies detected.

Seriously. Milo had platforms that exposed what he stood for. He subsequently burnt out pretty quick. Now he's begging for donations. The greatest way to expose a bad idea is to shine light on it. The deplatforming idea is just not forward thinking at all. It's like shooting yourself in the foot.

edit: Too many replies to answer them all. My point is he is in debt. How did he get there? He's there because was allowed to speak until it got him banned from private services. I don't consider Alex Jones and Milo Y. deplatforming "wins" since they were both hoisted by their own petard. I'd still argue they should be allowed to publicly have opinions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.