• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
www-axios-com.cdn.ampproject.org

David Hogg launching pillow company to compete with MyPillow's Mike Lindell

Lindell is one of former President Trump's most adamant defenders.

March for Our Lives co-founder David Hogg tweeted on Thursday that he and software developer William LeGate are launching a pillow company to compete against MyPillow, which is led by Trump supporter CEO Mike Lindell.
It's a very short article without much detail.

I honestly don't see them making much of an impact, as it's not like MyPillow doesn't already have a ton of competitors, but I hope they do well.

But, really, I more hope the worst for Lindell.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That reads like an Onion or April Fools bit. Best of luck to them I guess.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think politics would take a turn to focus on shredded foam pillows, but here we are.

Deleted member 90924

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2021
I have nothing but respect for his post-Parkland activism, but this is a grifter move. And I don't like grifters

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is fucking dumb, only américa can make pillows polítical.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Put me down for at least 3. I wouldn't be surprised if the profits go to victims of gun violence.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
get Costco to swap them out

I bought a MyPillow before I knew what a jackass this guy was and they aren't even good pillows IMO

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
get Costco to swap them out

I bought a MyPillow before I knew what a jackass this guy was and they aren't even good pillows IMO
I was gifted two of them ages ago when they first started to get popular and loooong before the MP guy showed his ass everywhere. They aren't great, but they are far better than the flat pancake pillows I had before them. Plus, they were a gift and all.

Still, wouldn't mind some new pillows just to avoid having to use these nowadays.

Oct 26, 2017
No offense but this seems like a grift, getting people to angrily buy your product thinking that it's going to effect the MyPillow guy at all. They're gonna sell some cheap pillows, make a few bucks, and it's gonna fizzle out. Hell, most of the people buying it probably don't even purchase their pillows form MyPillow. Really weird.

But if all profits end up going to charity, good for them.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Who would have thought that in 2021 we would be buying pillows as a political act.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only way to stop a bad guy with a pillow is a good guy with a pillow.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been done already. I don't think the company was created that way but it has turned into that on Twitter.

Check out onefreshpillow on twitter.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
What's so special about MyPillow btw? I didn't know pillows needed branding lol.

Deleted member 90924

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2021
It's union made and supporting progressive causes so it's a PR stunt for his activism.

Nah, talking like their goal is to put the pathetic my pillow guy out of business. This ain't a non-profit. An emphasis on giving money to progressive causes could literally mean half a percent of profits, it means nothing. This is grift. Using your platform you have from your classmates dying in a school shooting and advocating for policy changes and deplatforming conspiracy tv hosts, admirable. Using that same money to enrich yourself, morally reprehensible and gross.

This shouldn't be celebrated just bc the MyPillow guy is terrible. He's basically already been forced into an online business only and there's a ton of other pillow manufacturers.

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, talking like their goal is to put the pathetic my pillow guy out of business. This ain't a non-profit. An emphasis on giving money to progressive causes could literally mean half a percent of profits, it means nothing. This is grift. Using your platform you have from your classmates dying in a school shooting and advocating for policy changes and deplatforming conspiracy tv hosts, admirable. Using that same money to enrich yourself, morally reprehensible and gross.

This shouldn't be celebrated just bc the MyPillow guy is terrible. He's basically already been forced into an online business only and there's a ton of other pillow manufacturers.

Maybe we should learn more about it before we cancel the guy.