• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
if he's describing this as a project's cinematics director, this sounds much more like a whole new sequel, as opposed to redoing existing cinema scenes. look at his LinkedIn, and he's talking about cinematics, advertising campaigns, and so on.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Sequel is coming, that's almost guaranteed. Most likely in 2023 if they don't need to redo a bunch of the tech and they already have a good grasp on the story.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay related things. Unless they're changing gameplay aspects then I don't see why he'd be involved instead of working on the sequel.

Not really necessarily true - creative directors are more de facto project heads than anything else. Even a project like a remaster would still have a creative director.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
They have been hiring combat designers and ask them to have played Ghost of Tsushima and know how the combat works.

It's pretty obvious they are working on another one.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
To the surprise of nobody, but I can't wait to see the fruits of their labor.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
My thought as well. But obviously Ghost of 2shima will happen as well.
lol, first I'd heard that title.

The game is already PS5 optimized, with it being 4K/60.
It's still a PS4 game playing via BC, rather than a PS5 game though.

Thinking of buying GoT for PS4 but in this case I'd rather wait for a remaster.
Don't wait, get in on it now. The 60fps mode on PS5 is as good as any native PS5 would be IMHO. There is never a moment in Ghost of Tsushima where you'll be disappointed with the graphics.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima was like the first game in such a long time where I had a huge smile on my face the entire time. Great game.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they bring back Jin. I liked how contemplative he was, without feeling like a mopey anti-hero. He does heinous things, but never in service of himself which puts as a nice contrast to characters like Kratos and Nathan Drake.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Idk, a patch with support for unlocked framerate on PS5 isn't really the same thing as an actual PS5 version of the game. I imagine this is something more along the lines of No Man's Sky PS5 version.

I'm hoping for a sequel

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that whatever Sucker Punch does next with Ghost, that they make it more of an anthology series with different characters, settings and time periods, plus it would help keep it fresh. I want to see them go ambitious with the combat encounters and seeing what kind of stuff they come up with to mix things up.

Sameer Sedlar

Feb 8, 2018
Egypt
I hope they bring back Jin. I liked how contemplative he was, without feeling like a mopey anti-hero. He does heinous things, but never in service of himself which puts as a nice contrast to characters like Kratos and Nathan Drake.
Kudos, I feel the same.
I think Jin is a very interesting character, he knows that he must go against all tradition in order to save his country, and he is welling to be portrayed as a villain in doing so, as long as he saves his country and his people. It would be interesting to see how they take that going forward, he won't fight his countrymen even if the Shogunate sent armies after him.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Or he just worked on the update to have it run at 60fps on PS5 and continuing with updates for now.

Also the idea of there being a series called Ghost of Tsushima as though Tsushima as a setting has anything more to give, which it absolutely doesn't, sounds really funny.
The character IS the Ghost of Tsushima. It doesn't matter if he leaves the island and goes elsewhere, he's still known as that.

And as others have pointed out, there was a second invasion.

plan9

Nov 22, 2017
Been wondering for a while why are these professionals doing these amateur leaks on LinkedIn every other week, surely they should know everything about NDAs and not revealing unannounced games working in the game industry? I think updating your LinkedIn page can wait until the project is officially announced, no? Or is this some kind of new guerilla marketing method used by the companies?

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a wild idea. Do a small standalone game in the engine, but make it a Lady Snowblood adaptation.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Could also be a standalone expansion like Infamous First Light.

I was kinda thinking this. I would be very unsurprised if we saw smaller, standalone expansion style releases for Tsushima and TLOU2 soon to fill the gap before proper sequels. They definitely work well and Sony clearly like them if you look at things like Lost Legacy, Miles Morales, First Light and Left Behind. They do well.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Kudos, I feel the same.
I think Jin is a very interesting character, he knows that he must go against all tradition in order to save his country, and he is welling to be portrayed as a villain in doing so, as long as he saves his country and his people. It would be interesting to see how they take that going forward, he won't fight his countrymen even if the Shogunate sent armies after him.
Seeing how he'd handle The "Ghost Army" attacking their own country/Samurai would be really interesting I think, the Shogun hunting Jin and "The Ghost" being a monster he created is a lot more interesting than Mongolian Invasion 2.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
The character IS the Ghost of Tsushima. It doesn't matter if he leaves the island and goes elsewhere, he's still known as that.

And as others have pointed out, there was a second invasion.

Another game where every person on the island yells about Mongols would just be comically bad. You have a rich political history of an entire nation, a ton of eras and the only things you use out of all of that are a dude from a small island that isn't relevant beyond fighting The Bad Invader Men? Bleh. Jin's barely even a character. No one on the mainland at that time would even care about who he was.

And now people want to turn Jin into Batman lmao

Whatever.

Hexnest

Sep 18, 2020
The Last Ghost of Tsushima Part II

I'm excited for what ever they're cooking up. I ended up liking Ghost of Tsushima a lot more than I thought I would.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Another game where every person on the island yells about Mongols would just be comically bad. You have a rich political history of an entire nation, a ton of eras and the only things you use out of all of that are a dude from a small island that isn't relevant beyond fighting The Bad Invader Men? Bleh. Jin's barely even a character. No one on the mainland at that time would even care about who he was.

Whatever.
Well precedent and concept is important. There has to be some sort of continuation of the narrative.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also the idea of there being a series called Ghost of Tsushima as though Tsushima as a setting has anything more to give, which it absolutely doesn't, sounds really funny.

Isn't that his name, though? He is the Ghost of Tsushima, regardless of where he travels. He can still be the Ghost of Tsushima and battle against his enemies in Kyoto, for example.

Oct 27, 2017
Kudos, I feel the same.

I'd be curious if they added in more non lethal options so you could fight your countrymen without killing them, or even tie it to a karma system like Infamous where your choice affects the story.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Whatever.
I agree with some of what you've said here but lemme say this right now

Nobody is trying to turn Jin into Batman. Jin is already Batman. Jin is Batman as fucc. I can't think of even a single original AAA protag - not even one, across the whole of gaming - who could claim more parallels with Batman to their name.

Jin is the typhoon in the same way that Batman is the night. If the second Mongol invasion is depected in a sequel, it'll be a small part of the overarching story. It'll happen and be resolved in a matter of in game hours, and it will be capped off by Jin showing up and wrecking shop himself, cuz he's the typhoon, you know? Should that be a whole game in and of itself... fuck no. Would it make for a dope character intro for Jin, in a sequel where he's not a playable character, but a main story NPC instead? I think so

Last edited:

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Gotcha.
What does a creative director do?
Answer below.
Gameplay related things. Unless they're changing gameplay aspects then I don't see why he'd be involved instead of working on the sequel.
Not exactly. Both the Game Director and Art Director usually answer to the Creative Director. The CD's job is to ensure cohesiveness between the gameplay and the art surrounding the game (environments, characters, animations, story). They (CD) are in charge of the overall experience. While the GD takes care of pacing, puzzles, battle encounters, mechanics, etc with the AD taking care of all art that is seen. However, I am not sure what a Cinematic Creative Director does, that sounds fairly limited. 🤔
Not really necessarily true - creative directors are more de facto project heads than anything else. Even a project like a remaster would still have a creative director.
This. ^^^

Last edited:

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
As much as I liked Tsushima I hoped they would move on to create a new IP. Can't say I'm that attached to the story or characters and not really sure where they go from here but I can understand why they'd wanna do a sequel as the first sold reeeaaally well.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Hell naw, they're gonna ride Jin Sakai for at least a trilogy
Jins Story is done, there is nothing left to explore. The Franchises Name is clearly set up for the use of different regions/Cities/Eras. And then you even throw around the word Trilogy lol. The Series leads itself so easily to be made into an Anthology. Most i could see is a Lost Legacy Style Stand alone Game, that takes on the second Invasion and kills off Jin.

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I liked Tsushima I hoped they would move on to create a new IP. Can't say I'm that attached to the story or characters and not really sure where they go from here but I can understand why they'd wanna do a sequel as the first sold reeeaaally well.
They can always do that pirate game once they do a game or two in this series.
Jins Story is done, there is nothing left to explore. The Franchises Name is clearly set up for the use of different regions/Cities/Eras. And then you even throw around the word Trilogy lol. The Series leads itself so easily to be made into an Anthology. Most i could see is a Lost Legacy Style Stand alone Game, that takes on the second Invasion and kills off Jin.
I would say it is the opposite. The end of the game hints about it even.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its the game of the year edition that idiots will purchase again for $70

RHnRVl.gif