• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ghost of Tsushima Sequel confirmed by Sucker Punch’s Cinematic Creative Director - Gaming Route

Dave Molloy, the Cinematic Creative Director at Sucker Punch has basically confirmed that Sucker Punch is currently working on a new Ghost of Tsushima game
Dave Molloy, the Cinematic Creative Director at Sucker Punch has basically confirmed that Sucker Punch is currently working on a new Ghost of Tsushima game for the PlayStation 5 on his Linkedin. His bio states, "Presently working on the Ghost of Tsushima game for Sony PS5."

Sucker Punch has already updated Ghost of Tsushima for PlayStation 5, and Dave Molloy added this to his Linkedin Profile after they updated it to the enhanced version on PlayStation 5, So this is most likely a completely new game. Sucker Punch also opened up Job Listings previously, which hinted at a Ghost of Tsushima Sequel.
screenshot-2021-01-24ykjjz.png

after the success of the first game it shouldn't be surprising that a sequel is in the works, but i guess this kinda confirms it.

edit: this could be referring to a ps5 version of the original game, but with the game already receiving a patch for ps5 that seems kinda pointless.

Last edited:

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Hell yeah!

But at the same time, the sales of the game already pointed to another one lol

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Seems to me like it might be referring to a full PS5 version of Ghost of Tsushima rather than the seqeul? Although obviously that is in development.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I get why it would get a direct sequel since its been so successful but I don't really care for this IP and wanted more Infamous.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Or he just worked on the update to have it run at 60fps on PS5 and continuing with updates for now.

Also the idea of there being a series called Ghost of Tsushima as though Tsushima as a setting has anything more to give, which it absolutely doesn't, sounds really funny.

Mar 23, 2018
With all due respect, how can a creative director be this... I was going to say slow, but why would someone post something like that? Especially someone who is a creative director of the game

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to me like it might be referring to a full PS5 version of Ghost of Tsushima rather than the seqeul? Although obviously that is in development.

The game is already PS5 optimized, with it being 4K/60.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't really confirm anything. They could be working on a native PS5 version and he's just helping on that.

If they are making a sequel, I hope to god it skips a few hundred years and stars a new protagonist. Another slog against the Mongols just leading up to them being repelled by the goddamn weather would be so fucking boring.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
This does not confirm what you think it does. It doesn't disprove it but it's not entirely clear and I would be wary deciding this is a GoT sequel.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
There were two invasions of Japan by Mongols, just a few years apart, and both times they went through Tsushima on their way to Japan.

It makes sense they would make another game. And ending of it could be really spectacular, the entire Mongol fleet being hit by the Kamikaze hurricane that was initiated by players swiping up on the touchpad 10 times in a row. :D

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This is completely unnecessary. It's already 4k60
The game is already PS5 optimized, with it being 4K/60.
A PS5 version could add stuff such as Dualsense support, Ray Tracing, could potentially become the defacto tech demo for loading too, maybe use higher res textures/models that were toned down in the PS4 optimization phase, theres a lot of places to take it, of course I wouldnt mind if they just moved straight to the sequel, but the wording to me seems like it referrs to a PS5 native build.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There were two invasions of Japan by Mongols, just a few years apart, and both times they went through Tsushima on their way to Japan.

It makes sense they would make another game. And ending of it could be really spectacular, the entire Mongol fleet being hit by the Kamikaze hurricane that was initiated by players swiping up on the touchpad 10 times in a row. :D

The second Mongol invasion only lasted about three months and was soundly repelled even before the Kamikaze utterly destroyed the fleet. It would be comically silly to make a game about that.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I only see them working on a remaster if a Lost-Legacy type game is coming sooner than we thought, otherwise I don't think they would ''waste'' time, resources and money in a remaster now.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
are there services that write/maintain linkdin profiles for people? Because that entire summary reads like someone else wrote it for him, and could very well have just made a typo with regards to GoT and what platform its on. I think people here tend to read way too much into these profiles as it is.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is vague enough where it looks like it could just be a typo for PS4 to be honest. We also don't know when the "About" section was last updated, so it's possible this was there before Ghost shipped (which would support the typo argument).

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the game. The sequel is going to be awesome. Hopefully this is what it is.

It could still be Ghost of Tsushuma 2 even if it isn't in Tsushima. If it stars Jin then the name could work as it is his legend name.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
There is a lot more to graphics then 4k/60. They could definitely make it look next gen with a native ps5 build.

Whatever it is, I'm excited. Ghost was my favorite game to release last year.

TES4 Oblivion is 4k on SX. Just look what the modding community has done for the game. Graphic overhauls make it look like a modern game. Bumping the resolution and upping the framerate is the bare minimum of a game. A huge amount of other settings to tweak and remake.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
are there services that write/maintain linkdin profiles for people? Because that entire summary reads like someone else wrote it for him, and could very well have just made a typo with regards to GoT and what platform its on. I think people here tend to read way too much into these profiles as it is.

Yep. There are absolutely LinkedIn profile fluffers and cleaners, just like there's people who get paid to write resumes. And people definitely DO read too heavily into minor changes in LinkedIn profiles.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I mean, even if it's a typo. sucker punch is 10000000% working on a sequel lol

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
The second Mongol invasion only lasted about three months and was soundly repelled even before the Kamikaze utterly destroyed the fleet. It would be comically silly to make a game about that.
It could be done with extremely thin historic accuracy. Prologue covering escape from overwhelmed Tsushima, and then main game on the coast of Japan.

Anyways, the first game was too big of a hit not to make another one. The sequel could look spectacular on PS5, and even have much larger focus on sea [commanding a ship].

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Based on the fact that the second invasion was a total failure, I think if a sequel were to still follow Jin and not some kind of a future successor in the vein of ghost legends, it would go through more of the political situation in Japan and will be more about Jin in the mainland while the 2nd mongol invasion will be some future looming threat that will be done in full scale in the last act of the game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the fact that the second invasion was a total failure, I think if a sequel were to still follow Jin and not some kind of a future successor in the vein of ghost legends, it would go through more of the political situation in Japan and will be more about Jin in the mainland while the 2nd mongol invasion will be some future looming threat that will be done in full scale in the last act of the game.

Yeah. I would rather they just dump Jin entirely because he's a boring murder-happy scumbag, but if they keep him, the only plot they can reasonably tell with him is a story about him being hunted by the Shogunate and then eventually recruited to help them push back the Mongol fleet in the days leading up to the Kamikaze.

Like it really can't be overstated HOW BADLY the Mongols lost the second time around. A lot of sources indicate that up to 90% of the Mongol army was killed.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
A remaster like this doesn't need a creative director, y'all.
Would he not be directing the teams , or even overseeing changes that impact on the overall look of the game? For example Ray tracing being used?
Overseeing and signing off new character models ?
that kind of thing

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I would rather they just dump Jin entirely because he's a boring murder-happy scumbag, but if they keep him, the only plot they can reasonably tell with him is a story about him being hunted by the Shogunate and then eventually recruited to help them push back the Mongol fleet in the days leading up to the Kamikaze.

Like it really can't be overstated HOW BADLY the Mongols lost the second time around. A lot of sources indicate that up to 90% of the Mongol army was killed.
My brother and I were talking about the story of Ghosts last night and we concluded that this is literally the only way they can or will go for a sequel if they keep Jin

...except that Jin would serve as the antagonist and an eventual anti hero, and we'd be playing as a representative of the shogunate tasked with disposing of Jin

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
You don't need a cinematic crestive director for a remaster, so I guess this is a sequel

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Would he not be directing the teams , or even overseeing changes that impact on the overall look of the game? For example Ray tracing being used?
Overseeing and signing off new character models ?
that kind of thing
Thats what the Art Director does, making sure that the art style is consistent.