• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Need to get a +3 Conduit cell and this optimal Hammer build is complete!

KuH9qyG.jpg

Tried it out against Heroic Frostback Pangar and downed it in 1'24:

Damn son! Hammer is my favorite but I haven't used it in a while. Been having too much fun with a molten repeater build. I'll try this build when I get the pieces needed.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Have the developers addressed this at all? I've been doing private hunts for the most part.

EDIT: Actually MagicWithEarvin It appears that a fix is confirmed for this Friday's patch along with the Molten Edict fix. So that's nice. Been really annoying lately. Do whatever you want solo, but it's shit when people come in spraying lasers (and poorly) in PUGs. Talked about it yesterday, some people are just awful at the glitch and essentially become useless in a hunt because they either can't aim it properly or spend the entire fight just trying to get it started.

Funny (not funny) thing is that it showed up today on the Guardiancon Charity Stream with a couple of the devs in public hunts...

I didn't catch if they said anything about it when it happened.

Pent

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone successfully gotten this game to work through a Steam Link?

Just adding the Dauntless exe leaves you unable to log into the game because it wasn't launched from the Epic launcher. I tried adding the Epic launcher to Steam but it isn't meant for controllers and Dauntless didn't detect that I was using a controller.

I tried it again with Steam in administrator mode which made it work, but the Epic launcher opens as a black screen and you manually have to click on Dauntless on your computer rather than through the Steam Link.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
What is the God hand glitch?

I don't have the weapon yet so I'm basing this off of reddit posts but the way I understand it the beam from it isn't suppose to be unlimited but when its glitched it becomes an unlimited unstoppable beam of death that just keeps firing. I've run into a few folks using it just standing up on a rock blasting away at the boss without any danger and burning the boss down very fast.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't have the weapon yet so I'm basing this off of reddit posts but the way I understand it the beam from it isn't suppose to be unlimited but when its glitched it becomes an unlimited unstoppable beam of death that just keeps firing. I've run into a few folks using it just standing up on a rock blasting away at the boss without any danger and burning the boss down very fast.

That sounds really...not fun at all.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they are planning on implementing any kind of kick option... for people that just join a Heroic hunt and then AFK at the start the whole time. 3rd time today I've had one contributing nothing but higher boss HP and wasting my time.

EDIT: Thinking more about it, I don't think a standard AFK kick would work as you could just create a kb/m macro to move back and forth. Likewise implementing a rewards based on damage done wouldn't really work. I don't know, it just seems to be getting worse now that I am on Heroic hunts and actually group up more versus just soloing.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Anyone having trouble logging in? I logged onto Dauntless with my ps4 so I could spend some extra PSN credit I had on the hunt pass (I play on PC. WOW stock ps4 framerate is bad!) and after shutting my ps4 off and trying to log onto the game on my pc I"m stuck at "matchmaking in progress". (never had this issue before)

As for AFKers I could swear that I saw a post somewhere on reddit saying the devs were working on some kind of solution but I can't for the life of me find it.

edit: Scratch that connection issue seems to have passed after a few minutes.

edit 2: Or not seems they are having network issues but it seems to be effecting lots of folks across the platforms. Dang had just got the hunt pass and was gonna sit down and grind like a madman for the next 3 hours lol.

Last edited:

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
My build is more or less complete. As my playstyle is centered around critical hit after dodge, stamina regen and potion are more or less required. The burst damage with Valiant overdrive, Reactive Hilt and Boreus swords pixies is absolutely insane (especially when Behemoths are enraged and in aether state), and with the knockdown potion, monsters fall very quickly. I tried the Drask eye, but I always return to the more defensive Skarn lantern, lag can be a killer where I live ^^. For the Hellion fight, I just equip the Charrog head piece for +6 fireproof, molten is not reliable enough. When fighting Ice behemoths, Hellion sword is doing the job.

2USLg.jpg

Last edited:

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
My current build is kind of similar +6 Iceborne, Tough, Rage, Wild Frenzy, Conduit, and +3 agility. I keep swapping stuff around though as that's my repeater build and I also have a +10 drask hammer and I'm working on some swords next. The tough/iceborne combo really helps though on those fights where I suck at dodging lol.

All +6 tough are in the hat as well so I can easily swap it for Charrogg helm with fireproof cell just for hellion but if I'm careful I can normally just life steal my way through that as well. Your right about molten though folks love to hoover up those orbs LOL!

I seem to be handling Reza fine in pugs without being downed but I've only done Shrowd once and it was brutal at the time lol (but that was without tough or iceborne as I was missing the cells at the time). Probably start to go back to it once I top off my Dawnstar barrel and Reza sword.

This is the repeater build I've been using mostly (not mine) but I don't bother with the stoneheart prism as I feel tough and iceborne are plenty for survival:

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Sweet looks like tomorrow's patch will be fixing the Godhand expliot and adding a new Behemoth! It will be interesting to see what the new hunt pass theme will be as well.

New boss is this guy from the switch trailer it seems:

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Thank God (no pun intended) for the Godhand fix. It was ridiculous how I could see several abusers of this shit in neutral or elemental patrols, not to mention Heroic and +.

Last edited:

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Its a teaser for the big content patch coming on the 16th (I think thats the date). Suppose to bring trials or some kind of new challenge mode and some other stuff.

They did say on reddit though that loadouts were not included and would be added in the minor patch AFTER the big content release so we have a little while longer to wait for that.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Trails and new battlepass info. Coming July 16th.

Trials
If you've been looking for a way to prove your prowess, take it up with Lady Luck. She and her crew have towed an entire island to the edge of Ramsgate, eager to test the skills of the Shattered Isles' most veteran Slayers. And you will be tested. These Behemoths are enhanced by dangerous modifiers, making them deadlier than anything you've seen in the wild so far. Think Nayzaga with Ragetail Gnasher's shockwaves and Shrowd's near-sight vision. Ouch.

Just in case the promise of a good fight isn't enough to bait your hook, Lady Luck also offers exclusive Trials rewards. New weapon mods, special moves, and "Yes, I am that good" cosmetics can be purchased with Marks – a new currency earned through Trials successes. Spend Steel Marks on combat-enhancing items and Gilded Marks on looking good. Save up enough, and you can even fill in a brand-new cosmetic slot:

Hunt Pass
Assassins are out. Corsairs are in. With the end of Hidden Blades on July 16, 2019, the season of High Skiesofficially begins.

High Skies is our first-ever season to include not just one Hunt Pass, but two. Slayers will start with Fortune & Glory – a corsair-inspired Hunt Pass tied to Lady Luck's arrival – and end (later on) with the Zephyr Strike Hunt Pass. Each pass will feature a full fifty levels, two tracks (Basic and Elite), and a treasure trove of themed rewards. They will also be timed in the same way as previous passes – Fortune & Glory will run from July 16 to some time in August, and Zephyr Strike will begin immediately after.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love everything and anything pirate themed so this huntpass makes me really happy.

I'll probably pass on trials for now.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So I decided to give this game a whirl, and I can't get past the loading screen after creating a character. Either on PC or PS4. Apparently this is a common problem, but I've yet to find a solution. What gives?

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Ugh they broke something. My 970 gtx was running the game perfectly before the patch now I'm getting major hitching. My guess is their new anti cheat software is to blame. :(

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm done with this game. Completed last season with a week to spare and took a break from it. Came back to check out the new season and it doesn't look that good. The grind is to real for me.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I like the new huntpass format. Also the revamped shop is pretty damn good. Looks like I'll have to dive back in.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped playing because of the frequent infinite loading bug on PS4 after the previous patch, dunno if it's fixed yet...

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
Went back to the game for the 1.0 update and really enjoying it. The bounty system is really better that the weekly challenges.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Yup this game is in a good place right now. Any decent guilds I can get an invite to? Want to do this trial thingy...

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How early in the game can you party up. Trying to setup a game night with some work friends and we don't want to have to spend most of the night grinding out levels/missions to party up.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
Dauntless is coming to Nintendo Switch TODAY!

Just announced on the Indie World Showcase!

EDIT: I GOT BEAT! D: