• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
My Shrike Axe Mastery is completed, and further experience on it will reward me with offence cores.
Does continuing to use the shrike axe grant me progress on the OVERALL axe mastery, or would I need to be using an axe that still has mastery to earn on it?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Cool thing. The exotic helmet flame effects stay when you transmog. When I get a full combo going I go full Ghost Rider mode and it looks incredible.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not crazy about +11-+15 weapons requiring grinding out the mastery. I know it is a very minor increase (500 at 10 versus 550 at 15) but still, it makes me not want to experiment with other weapons now. Like "oh, well I better just keep using axe so I can upgrade it".

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
If I bought the elite hunter pass today would I start at one or would my prior experience carry over?

You would keep your experience. It's one Seasonal hunt pass that you are leveling. There are two tracks of rewards and you have to pay to access the bottom track. You will also still keep earning rewards on the free track.

Last edited:

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
You would keep your experience. It's one Seasonal hunt pass that you are leveling. There are two tracks of rewards and you have to pay to access the bottom track. You will also still keep earning rewards on the free track.
Ok...I think I want to get it but wondering if I have enough time to make it worth while. Thank you for answering my question.

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a place I can view all of the crafting materials I have? I can't seem to find an inventory, only the loadout screen with gear.

Havok

Oct 27, 2017
Northern VA
Is there a list of features they plan to add to the game? I honestly can't believe this doesn't have a way to save gear loadouts considering how much much different, situational stuff there is.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Are the 3 exotic weapons listed in that quest to make one the only exotic's in the game currently?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of bullshit that Heroic+ patrols don't give peerless but shining stones for breaking parts.

And I'm still stuck with Rezakiri and Shrowd on them. Anyone got the same problem or you get the complete pool of monsters ?

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Getting to the point where the hunt recommends 200 power weapons, but still not sure what I want to invest in yet. Should I be worrying so much or just power something up? Just worried i'll make a mistake of some sort.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Getting to the point where the hunt recommends 200 power weapons, but still not sure what I want to invest in yet. Should I be worrying so much or just power something up? Just worried i'll make a mistake of some sort.
Depends on how grindy you want to be. I tend to stick with one weapon and keep upgrading those.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did I miss something or did the first "Kill Riftstalker" quest not also want me to craft a weapon from his shit, sort of like the Valomyr quest?

I beat Riftstalker and was able to turn in the quest to the blacksmith but I never made a weapon....

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Did I miss something or did the first "Kill Riftstalker" quest not also want me to craft a weapon from his shit, sort of like the Valomyr quest?

I beat Riftstalker and was able to turn in the quest to the blacksmith but I never made a weapon....
I haven't beaten Riftstalker yet, but that quest is available and the "craft" part of the quest says it's already completed. Guess that one is bugged.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

You won't make a mistake. There are zero "limited" resources, so you absolutely cannot make a mistake!

I would focus on a neutral element weapon first because you can use that against anything with zero penalty. It's WORTH crafting weapons of all elements for advantage as you proceed, but there's no "best" element to craft first. Just focus on crafting elemental weapons that will help you farm drops for specific armor pieces or weapons you want.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing like 3/4 of the group dying to shroud but one repeater player runs out the clock doing zero damage to the thing but not dying until the airship runs out of fuel, but you don't want to quit and lose your break parts.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So just started playing this on ps4 and want to know are there anyways you can change the controls as I want to change the roll button to x instead of o as I play both Monster Hunter World and this.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Hit Slayer level 30 and battlepass 40 I believe. I really love what they did with this game. I'm working on builds, making different weapons to level masteries and learning different fights. I just enjoy how easy it is to jump in and do something. Really excited about the future of this game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Any chance or getting equipment slots so we can quickly swap into different sets instead of slowly equipping everything bit by bit?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance or getting equipment slots so we can quickly swap into different sets instead of slowly equipping everything bit by bit?
Yes. It's on The Roadmap

Our new loadout screen was just the beginning.

With this update to loadouts (note the plural 's'), Slayers will be able to save and swap between multiple gear and cell configurations, making it easier than ever to get ready for a hunt.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes. It's on The Roadmap

Our new loadout screen was just the beginning.

With this update to loadouts (note the plural 's'), Slayers will be able to save and swap between multiple gear and cell configurations, making it easier than ever to get ready for a hunt.
Nice nice. The core of the game is pretty solid, it just needs refinements and more loot for me to collect!

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
This game grew on me HARD. It definitely starts out a bit slow and easy, which I guess I should have expected, coming from monster hunter. But once you unlock dire patrols and the radiant/umbral monsters, the game gets legit good. Playing with friends is definitely the way to go, though.

Bento

Dec 4, 2017
Working on heroics atm so if anyone wants some help I could help ye out, David-Bentzlin in the guild. Day off tomorrow so I Will be online for quite sometime :)

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Working on heroics atm so if anyone wants some help I could help ye out, David-Bentzlin in the guild. Day off tomorrow so I Will be online for quite sometime :)
Always wanted to do a 4 men death guild squad on Heroic / Heroic +, but I'll only be online around 9PM if you (and others) are still around

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You can load ammo after all three light attacks, afaik

Yep I knew that one hit R1 after attack. I didn't know you can hit Triangle mid way through a light attack and it will use an ammo to make that attack stronger.
I love the small mechanics in weapons like this.

Also, poor Lesser Gnasher is taking L after L for me to grind out the rest of the weekly Hunt Pass challenges lol I just realized there's only a day left.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Can I pretty much just choose armor I like and level it up and slot it with gems and be good to go or do I need to switch out for each monster ?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can I pretty much just choose armor I like and level it up and slot it with gems and be good to go or do I need to switch out for each monster ?
Early on, you are OK to run whatever but would say to focus around neutral sets, since they are good for all things but you might want to steadily build up the other element gears for later use.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, trying to kill riftstalker with a group of randos is maybe the most infuriating gaming experience of 2019.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Early on, you are OK to run whatever but would say to focus around neutral sets, since they are good for all things but you might want to steadily build up the other element gears for later use.

Yeah I been trying to craft all the armor sets but I'm just not sure which and same as weapons. I'll look into neutral

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Gotta say, trying to kill riftstalker with a group of randos is maybe the most infuriating gaming experience of 2019.
Hell yeah, it is. I finally managed to do it today.... because it fell off the island. Pfft, I'll take what i can get.

Is there a trick to avoiding valomyr's orb attack, or is it just rng madness?

Just dodge, dodge and dodge some more. That's it. Or stay away, wait for a gap and run through it.