• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Ok I made a guild

BehemothERA (DauntlesERA was in use and I saw no mention of it in the OT in gaming community)
Needed numbers in the name plate so just made it ERA007 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway
Quote me and drop your epic names and I'll add you no matter what console you're on

Guild caps at 100
You rock, thank you.
Name is FOODFOOD

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Any tips for fighting Riftwalker? He does some crazy damage and I can't find a way to counter the umbral balls flying at me. I've been trying to solo him so that I'm not a weak link in a group but I keep triple carting in 5 minutes or less. He's definitely been a wall.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Any tips for fighting Riftwalker? He does some crazy damage and I can't find a way to counter the umbral balls flying at me. I've been trying to solo him so that I'm not a weak link in a group but I keep triple carting in 5 minutes or less. He's definitely been a wall.

I stack Agility +7 at least for Riftstalker, allows me to dodge like a mad man.
There's also a spot in the underworld he pulls you that you can't be touched. You'll notice some people go to the corner and not move. I can't always pull it off but it does work a lot of the time.

Pretty much keep moving.

Riftstalker was a gear check wall for me, had to grind a bit to upgrade armor and weapon .

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017

Umbral balls - Dodge roll

Actually, that applies to basically everything. When it jumps in and out of the ground, put your weapon away, run around, and dodge roll. When it gets pissed and starts spinning at you, do the exact same thing.

Other tips: Riftwalker, like Embermane, is really predictable when it comes to charging at you. The portal gives you a huge tell and even if you don't stagger it, you should be able to position yourself in a way that allows you to get in free hits after it arrives. Put your weapon away any time the Riftwalker isn't standing on the map, as there's more than enough time to take it out to attempt to stagger/punish it for coming back on the map.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The Veterans out there ? I just dropped Hellstone Shards (supposed to be only Heroic hellion drop) from Scorchstone Hellion. Is this a bug or you have a chance to drop those components outside Heroic ?

I don't complain though, especially if I can skip this bullshit slideshow on Heroic ah ah ah. I only miss 2 normal drops and a shitton of arcstone and I will have my Inferno's Razor +10.
Anyone ?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Didn't know the game actually hits 60fps on solo runs on PS4. The game literally responds 10x better at 60. Like the simple act of picking up resources works better. Selecting consumables works better. Reacting to monsters works better. I could actually react to Riftstalkers bullshit now. Still didn't win but I actually was able to break a shit ton of parts off of him with my hammer.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
So is this game actually worth putting time into, or is it just going to make me want to hop back into MHW or MHGU?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
So is this game actually worth putting time into, or is it just going to make me want to hop back into MHW or MHGU?
MHW was my first Monster Hunter game, but this is exactly what I needed, even if it's rough on the edge. Fast gameplay, straightforward, easy matchmaking, cross play/progression. If they show that they care about the performance and improve it, I may spend some money on this.

My best MP experience along with Guild Wars 1 Random Arena and Mass Effect 3 Horde mode.

Returning to MHW convoluted systems will be very hard, but to each its own.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Didn't know the game actually hits 60fps on solo runs on PS4. The game literally responds 10x better at 60. Like the simple act of picking up resources works better. Selecting consumables works better. Reacting to monsters works better. I could actually react to Riftstalkers bullshit now. Still didn't win but I actually was able to break a shit ton of parts off of him with my hammer.

Yea it's weird. It looks like network issues really brings down the FPS.

Nov 2, 2017
I don't understand why matchmaking takes so long. They have more players than they can literally handle. Crossplay puts everyone in the same pool. There aren't even that many monsters. Yet somehow it takes a minute to find an EMPTY hunting group, which no one joins over the next couple minutes, finally allowing to start solo.

How could it possibly take that long to find no one? The pool of players should easily be enough to provide quick matchmaking. I don't understand.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why matchmaking takes so long. They have more players than they can literally handle. Crossplay puts everyone in the same pool. There aren't even that many monsters. Yet somehow it takes a minute to find an EMPTY hunting group, which no one joins over the next couple minutes, finally allowing to start solo.

How could it possibly take that long to find no one? The pool of players should easily be enough to provide quick matchmaking. I don't understand.
The game is probably waiting for an open instance, as the servers are overloaded.

voidecker

Oct 27, 2017

Regarding the bolded part, do you try to queue for a private hunt? You can do so by pressing X (or I imagine Square on PS4) instead of A when choosing your hunt. That way, you don't have to wait the minute where no one is joining.

I will agree that there appears to be a lot of loading/queuing that I hope they can smooth out over time. Playing on PC, I initially had the game installed on an HDD, and found the initial load way too long. Once I moved it to an SSD, I can usually get into a hunt 2-3 minutes from launching the game.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017

If you pay close attention to the matchmaking status, finding an actual hunt isn't bad. It's finding the server that takes a long time, which is likely a product of so many people playing the game.

Nov 2, 2017
Regarding the bolded part, do you try to queue for a private hunt? You can do so by pressing X (or I imagine Square on PS4) instead of A when choosing your hunt. That way, you don't have to wait the minute where no one is joining.

I will agree that there appears to be a lot of loading/queuing that I hope they can smooth out over time. Playing on PC, I initially had the game installed on an HDD, and found the initial load way too long. Once I moved it to an SSD, I can usually get into a hunt 2-3 minutes from launching the game.
I did not queue for a private hunt. I'm no network engineer so Einbroch could be right for all I know. Honestly I would've thought matchmaking times would be a matter of seconds with all they have going for them. But obviously something is slowing things down.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I wish the clan feature would be a little bit deeper Integrated with maybe something to do as a clan or a clan area where everyone spawns every time so that we definitely see each other here and there. Right now, I don't even know why there is a clan tag in the first place when it's not even shown under or besides the character name, you know, like in all the other games with clan tags.

I hope they have a lot of big updates planned for the future, because they still could do so much more with this game.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Think I might give this a download tonight after all the storms that are supposed to happen pass.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The Veterans out there ? I just dropped Hellstone Shards (supposed to be only Heroic hellion drop) from Scorchstone Hellion. Is this a bug or you have a chance to drop those components outside Heroic ?

I don't complain though, especially if I can skip this bullshit slideshow on Heroic ah ah ah. I only miss 2 normal drops and a shitton of arcstone and I will have my Inferno's Razor +10.
I got my response, just dropped 2 Galactic Shards (epic reagent) from level 8 Valomyr

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
There's an option to talk to the guild by typing /g in chat then space, thought it would be good to share.

You can also, with the controller, just press LB or RB when you're in the chat to change the categories.

_____

Man, the orbs you have to collect when you split off parts are so small, I miss them sometimes which sucks.
Saw videos from an earlier version where they were much bigger, don't know why they changed that.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You can also, with the controller, just press LB or RB when you're in the chat.

_____

Man, the orbs you have to collect when you split off parts are so small, I miss them sometimes which sucks.
Saw videos from an earlier version where they were much bigger, don't know why they changed that.

Don't worry too much, they are auto collected at the end of hunt as well.
This was confirmed on the Reddit.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
fqo0ije8sb131.png

Seems like they didn't test Hellion past the normal one ^^

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodfire Embermane is in my Top 3 quality fights now with Riftstalker and Ragetail Gnasher. Just did the heroic one to make the last piece of my armor +10, it's the most skillfull encounter ever. Booooooop !

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sweet!

Patch OB 0.8.1 is a small repair patch designed to fix issues discovered pre-launch. Issues reported after May 21 will be addressed in a separate, follow-up patch.
QUALITY OF LIFE
  • Fixed a bug where players could get trapped on the Store or Hunt Pass screen, requiring them to force-quit the game.
  • Fixed a bug where hair was not correctly hidden in situations where it should have been.
  • The Hunt Pass character model will now correctly preview complete armour sets.
  • The Godhand is safe to use again! Slayers should no longer get stuck while aiming.
  • Fixed a bug where swapping weapon parts in the pre-hunt prep stage (airship lobby) did not work correctly, and could make it look like those parts were unequipped. This should resolve the issue where some Slayers saw their weapons play the wrong animation for their specials.
  • Camera movement speed on controller has been increased! We've widened the range on the controller movement speed dial to help with reports of sluggish controls. Let us know how this feels.
  • The "Aether Orbs" quest will now correctly grant the Plunge dye. Slayers who already completed this quest will receive the dye at a later date, once we run a server-side script.
  • Rockfall Skarn hunts on Arid Rose (island) now correctly spawn aetherwisps and gatherables (e.g. plants, ore).
  • The progression blocking issue with "I Need a Hero" (quest) has been resolved. As a result, this quest will no longer auto-complete when acquired.
  • The "Connect a Dauntless Account" link should now work correctly on all platforms.

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Friend and guild invites do not work as intended for Slayers playing on unlinked accounts.
  • PlayStation Network friends may not populate in some players' friends lists.
  • Slayers may occasionally disconnect or crash mid-hunt.
  • Hellion, Charrogg, and Scorchstone Hellion hunts can cause degraded performance on consoles.
  • Held interactions (e.g. gathering, reviving) sometimes fail to complete, requiring the player to move and retry.
  • Dye selections will sometimes reset when entering the airship or loading into Ramsgate. Dyes may also display incorrectly.
  • Opening the Move List while on the airship can cause it to get stuck on screen.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I made a guild

BehemothERA (DauntlesERA was in use and I saw no mention of it in the OT in gaming community)

Anyway
Quote me and drop your epic names and I'll add you no matter what console you're on

Guild caps at 100

Would love to get in if there's still room!

ID: Cooprite

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I made a guild

Anyway

Guild caps at 100
Names DrunkinSkeleton

Add me please!

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
First time I report someone, but after a Heroic Rage Gnasher fight where I did all the work as a poor PS4 player and the others were dropping like flies, I see this :

XXX : is this fight bugged?
XXX : ******* TRASHNIGGERBOYS
XXX : poor minorities who cant afford a pc always ruin pubs

I took a screenshot, but seems like we can't send it via the report system ?