• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Taikeny

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I made a guild

BehemothERA (DauntlesERA was in use and I saw no mention of it in the OT in gaming community)
Needed numbers in the name plate so just made it ERA007 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway
Quote me and drop your epic names and I'll add you no matter what console you're on

Guild caps at 100

Taikeny is my epic username. I'd like an invite 😊

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
What was wrong with the name "ResetEra"? :D
Anyway, if this is our big Era guild then add me under the name "Retro Edge". :)
My Epic game store handle is idlerover
My Epic name is starrywhispers.

Thanks! :)
Add for guild
IGN - ph1l0z0ph3r

Also anyone wanna help w/ Riftstalker?
Epic name is Reddaye.

Thanks for making a guild!
Taikeny is my epic username. I'd like an invite 😊
Good Morning all, I have added everyone to the guild, please check invites. I'll be out chasing lightning again around 5:00pm eastern today, probaby straight from work so won't be adding new people until I get back from that.

Looks like there is an ability to add an officer in guild if someone wants to volunteer with the adding members process.

If I'm reading this right we currently have 11 members. 89 positions remaining.

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
Have this been posted?

uj03y01tz2xh.jpg

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
So I just did the first few hunts, and it seems like Monster Hunter Lite so far. Hunts lasted less than 5 minutes, there isn't much to do but collect some things around and then kill the one behemoth. Not much exploration, and no small monsters. Does this change? I've barely played, so I wonder what there is to look forward to.
The complexity of the monsters significantly changes

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the best part about this game is the cross play. I can understand that the game may be a bit simple for some people, but holy shit do I absolutely ADORE the cross play feature.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this game should only be about fights in arenas... There is no point on exploration and the maps are fucking ugly and lifeless.
The gameplay and moves are all so basic and boring after some hours.
The good part is its free with crossplay and it should bring more people to MH.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Holy moly just tried this on a base Xbox One S and I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter about how badly it runs in the town. The framerate is unacceptably bad, must around 15fps, it's borderline unplayable. When trying to load into a hunt I tried 3 times and each crashed to the dash once everyone readied up.

Been playing it here and there on the X up until now which has been fine.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Well, this game should only be about fights in arenas... There is no point on exploration and the maps are fucking ugly and lifeless.
If anything it will keep me from spending money on monster Hunter dlc.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Holy moly just tried this on a base Xbox One S and I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter about how badly it runs in the town. The framerate is unacceptably bad, must around 15fps, it's borderline unplayable. When trying to load into a hunt I tried 3 times and each crashed to the dash once everyone readied up.

Been playing it here and there on the X up until now which has been fine.
I think the framerate in town is just bad on all consoles. It's gotta be only scraping ~25fps on my One X.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

I understand these remarks, but it's really more about perspective and what you want.

You say there is no point in exploration, but the exploration in MHW really did nothing for me. I never found anything that special and, after fully exploring a map, I felt like I had seen it all rather quickly. Further, the maps were often so multilayered it was occasionally hard for me to figure out where I needed to go. A game like Monster Hunter Gen Ult, which I play on Switch, has maps more similar to those in Dauntless and a lot of players prefer them for letting the monster fights stand on their own.

I wouldn't say the gameplay and moves are boring. As you level up, you get different perks and abilities that make you think more about what you use and how you use it. Honestly, I found the moves of similar flash between both games, but I find the way you input combos and perform moves in Dauntless a lot more forgiving and easy to access.

The good part is that it's a good game. Monster Hunter isn't as hard as people want you to think it is, it's just obtuse as hell and seemingly designed in a way to obfuscate its core mechanics. I play both, and I think I understand both, but to disregard all that Dauntless is doing is silly.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
If anything it will keep me from spending money on monster Hunter dlc.
Its having the opposite effect on me. I was not that excited about the coming expansion of MHW, and after playing Dauntless, i cant wait to go back to MHW. But will stick with Dauntless for now untill the MHW expansion arrives.

And your welcome team. :P

a55nal7l.png

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Good Morning all, I have added everyone to the guild, please check invites. I'll be out chasing lightning again around 5:00pm eastern today, probaby straight from work so won't be adding new people until I get back from that.

Looks like there is an ability to add an officer in guild if someone wants to volunteer with the adding members process.

If I'm reading this right we currently have 11 members. 89 positions remaining.

Do you hate me TheGhost ? :'(

Oct 25, 2017
I'm coming around on this game. Riftstalker is one of the coolest designs in this sort of game. I appreciate them taking the monster in a different way than the Monster Hunter games once you get further into the game. Still sour on the Nergigante copy paste but at least they make up for it later. It is also very, very hard.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm coming around on this game. Riftstalker is one of the coolest designs in this sort of game. I appreciate them taking the monster in a different way than the Monster Hunter games once you get further into the game. Still sour on the Nergigante copy paste but at least they make up for it later. It is also very, very hard.
Which is the nergigante copy paste?

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I made a guild

BehemothERA (DauntlesERA was in use and I saw no mention of it in the OT in gaming community)

Anyway
Quote me and drop your epic names and I'll add you no matter what console you're on

Guild caps at 100

Epic name: Tuffarella

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Valomyr, it's a cool fight. Just fought it for the first time using a Hammer. Downed in 6 minutes.
Im surprised people like Val
Slow and easy and has to charge every attack with huge glowing parts
Then you fight Riftstalker as his opposite and get scooped. Teleporting Batman doing Tsukuyomi and pulling you into the shadowrealm

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As far as spending plat goes, are the extra Middleman slots worth it? Is the endgame meta heavily reliant on the different cells you can craft? I don't even really know what +1, +2, +3 actually do in terms of stats.
Quillshot? lol Pretty sure he was in the game in 2017.
And even so, it has that one attack in common, and that's it, really. He plays completely differently from Nerg.

The Ocho

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I made a guild

Anyway

Guild caps at 100
ThaOcho

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
As far as spending plat goes, are the extra Middleman slots worth it? Is the endgame meta heavily reliant on the different cells you can craft? I don't even really know what +1, +2, +3 actually do in terms of stats.

And even so, it has that one attack in common, and that's it, really. He plays completely differently from Nerg.

When you are in your loadout screen, if you hover over a perk on the right side of the screen (can't remember what it's called but it lists the perks you have from gear/weapons) you can see the difference between having +1 thru +6(the current max)

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
The very first time I got wiped, now it's like

giphy.gif

this game is fun to make gifs for

You should never wipe to Valomyr more than once or twice. He is just so slow and everything outside of the bullet swirl is easily avoidable. Riftstalker is the opposite of him, in every way, it just gets harder and harder to fight him as the fight goes on while big val doesn't add any new tricks worth worrying about because they're slow and easy to react to. Val does murder your framerate on console though.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know if I buy the timely arrival pack on a different console store a second time
do I still get the platinum? I noticed i can get it on the microsoft store and Id rather save the five bucks on the premium currency if i can help it lmao

sickvisionz

Jan 19, 2018
When I first got into MHW I was like, wow, this really feels like a MMO-lite a al The Division or something like that and I thought about what it would be like if it was a F2P game. I might check this out just to see if how I thought a F2P MHW would be is actually how a F2P MHW is.

Hopefully it's fun.

Oct 27, 2017
Which of the Hammers should I craft and upgrade? Working on the Hellion one right now. I also have a Boreus+5 and I can potentially get Drask+5 too.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Tbh the game is kinda easy enough where min maxing stats doesn't feel entirely necessary. THAT said, I've already spent $50 on the game so I could min max :(
All the different abilities can go to +6, which at +6 they're really powerful augments. In your loadout menu click over to the right hand side of the screen to take a look at all your abilities and what each level of the ability grants. When you upgrade an armor piece to a high enough level, it gives you +3 for the inherent ability it grants. So you need a +3 socketed cell to match it if you want to max out that particular ability. Having those extra middleman slots that cost Platinum will only benefit you if you want to slowly acquire specific cells you want but are working on one or more. The real money sink in the game are the Ace chips that completely bypass this process. Although I've been kind of thinking about buying another fuse slot just so I can keep one available to me for multiple craftings of +1 cells. Then I could have the other fuse slot always in use with a +3 cell I don't want anymore, because when combined with 2000 gold it grants a random +3 cell which could possibly be something I desire. That +3 cell + 2000 gold process takes 72 hours!!!!! So if that's still going and I suddenly want to craft something, without an extra fuse slot then I'd have to pay up however many Ace chips to get it out and finished.

All that said.... Long story short.... I already regret spending money and it's not worth it. It's a rip off. The $10 battle pass is the only thing I'd recommend anyone spend money on long term.

Last edited:

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you are in your loadout screen, if you hover over a perk on the right side of the screen (can't remember what it's called but it lists the perks you have from gear/weapons) you can see the difference between having +1 thru +6(the current max)
Is there a way to do this on console? I've noticed there are a few hover overs in screens on PC that I haven't figured out how to duplicate on my X1.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I added you last night no?
You were the person who wrote "don't forget about me"?

Did you check guild invites?

If not I'm sorry and you will be the first person I add when I get home.

I haven't logged in today yet, but there was no invite when I logged off at midnight yesterday :D I'll check today!

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
Got my first riftstalker victory off of some hardcore cheese. My axe glitched out and just kept spinning when I threw it. So being the morally compromised heathen that I am, I just sat there super slamming for 800-1000 damage and breaking every part. I ain't complaining. No one in the lobby was either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've gotta git gud and farm him more though.