• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Man, at 63k and not moving. Feels like I should rubber band my stick when I'm done for the night.

If you are kicked to the main menu for idle you are still in front of the login line. You just go into the game from that "start game" button. I forgot what it says. If I was on console I'd just suspend it unless I want to play another game.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
If you are kicked to the main menu for idle you are still in front of the login line. You just go into the game from that "start game" button. I forgot what it says. If I was on console I'd just suspend it unless I want to play another game.

Oh OK. That's easy then. Just don't officially logout during regular play sessions.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like all the people leaving their games sitting at the menu are just making the queue problems worse. I don't blame them but I think Epic needs to patch in a kick after say, 10 minutes, from the main menu to prevent it.

These queues are bad enough as it is.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I feel like all the people leaving their games sitting at the menu are just making the queue problems worse. I don't blame them but I think Epic needs to patch in a kick after say, 10 minutes, from the main menu to prevent it.

These queues are bad enough as it is.
Epic doesn't make this game. Phoenix Labs does.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Base PS4 hub framerate can get extra wild sometimes

Still not as bad as S.Hellion fight
Thats lag. Framerate in the city is not great but the choppiness and teleports are lag, I always run around in the city and never saw it that bad, i also play in base PS4. The city has alot of lag, so most of the times i see my char teleport. In fights, yes, S Hellion makes the game look like a slide show on the base PS4.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the timing down against Embermane's charge and my charged hammer shots, and this made hunting it stupid easy.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen that kind of lag on PC at least. The most I get is when I first boot into the city from a mission someone may jump a bit for a second but after that everything is fine. Could just be PS4 with crossplay and the server congestion.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
So its been a week now and the queue right now on the XBox is 52k...I know its not the real number but I have been waiting for 10 minutes now to play...are they ever going to fix this or just let it go like this like they dont give a crap...one of the big point of the way this game is set up is that you can hop in,do a few runs and leave before lunch or whatever but it takes longer to login then play...getting ridiculous now.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
So its been a week now and the queue right now on the XBox is 52k...I know its not the real number but I have been waiting for 10 minutes now to play...are they ever going to fix this or just let it go like this like they dont give a crap...one of the big point of the way this game is set up is that you can hop in,do a few runs and leave before lunch or whatever but it takes longer to login then play...getting ridiculous now.
Why would it be a fake number?

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017

Their twitter has been posting regular updates when they increase the queue max. I think they're having a lot of trouble keeping up with the influx of players and keeping it stable. It's annoying yes (Took me 30 minutes to login earlier) but I'm sure it'll get better soon,

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Finally broke the 300 mark. Managed to get to lv 22 lol Rockfall skarn is prob the most annoying boss fight so far.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Its a little weird that I need to go back and grind super easy elemental patrols to continue upgrading high tier weapons.
On the contrary, I find that smart. Ensures low level monsters groups are never empty. On top of that, it doesn't hurt to destroy week monsters from time to time, feels good ^^

Finally broke the 300 mark. Managed to get to lv 22 lol Rockfall skarn is prob the most annoying boss fight so far.
Wow, you guys level fast. I'm at 380 and level 17...

Last edited:

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Finally got the timing down against Embermane's charge and my charged hammer shots, and this made hunting it stupid easy.
FYI. You dont need to charge the shots, just a single shot send him flying when his charging at you. I just tap triangle when he gets near me and then is time to tenderize his face. Also works well against the owls bosses when they glide against you, but they are a bit faster so sometimes they hit me as well.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Its a little weird that I need to go back and grind super easy elemental patrols to continue upgrading high tier weapons.
This may be useful for some people that are starting and just go for the kills. Farm every inch of the beast, no mercy kills if you can help it. Have an overabundance of materials.

-------------------------------------------------

Just tried the game for the first time on PC, using a PS4 controller and DS4Windows, certain button presses register two times in menus and when I try to subtly rotate the camera with the right stick, the camera stutters slowly. Anyone else having this issue?

Use Steam Input. Quoting myself from a reply that had issues with the ingame controller settings.

"Try using steam input to remap it instead. You have to make Epic Games Launcher the shortcut (rename it to Dauntless if you want, or keep it as EGS but have different EGS games profiles saved as different controller configs with the game title. The below is MGS V PS4 Deluxe & Acc... blah blah but you can easily call it Dauntless, or Fortnite to differentiate the different EGS games settings) then launch the game. Make sure the non steam game is shown on your steam Playing notification to make sure it's working. You may need to launch steam in administrator mode. I play using the steam controller and my custom configurations."

w22aRvw.png

Last edited:

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with in ingame party chat? Im on PS4. But I can't hear a PS4 or a PC player. But they can hear each other. And I can hear the PS4 player through PSN party chat. I got it to work once but it stopped the next day

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
If you dodge out of your Hammer shot charge up, it stores the bullets, makes shooting mosters out of their charge attack way easier. Was able to interpret a Embermane 5 times in a row.

Nov 18, 2018
I played for a few hours today and started out thinking this was just super easy Monster Hunter but now I've realised I will actually have to git gud. I'm OK in a group but I just tried to take on an Embermane by myself and got wrecked. Do you get more healing options later in the game?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, god, I just ran into the "fuck your framerate base PS4 pleb" lava monster, thankfully he was pretty slow too, so managed to kill it without much trouble, but eh, hopefully they sort that out.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Managed to get on and play for an hour. Wrapped up my weeklies, and did a neutral patrol for orbs. I need to start pushing through all of these quests, and clip off the Drask and Hellion to really climb up to the next tier.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
some of the bosses give me mmo feel, less monster hunter. they have add phases, and player buffs as part of the fight, something mh never did.

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up to everyone. As has been mentioned before (I forget by whom, my apologies) if you exit to the main menu and then just put your PS4 in rest mode, it will say you've been disconnected when you return but for whatever reason it entirely skips the queue and logs you in directly instead. Not sure if something like that works on other platforms as I haven't played it on those, but I've had a 100% success rate with this. Haven't seen a queue since my first time playing.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this game, even picked up the battle pass. It also made me want to pick up monster hunter again. Everybody wins

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
How do guns feel? I'm deciding on a good secondary to my hammer main.
The guns are really fun. Having to reload close to the monster to power up your special moves is a cool mechanic. They're actually the most Monster Hunter-like of the weapons since you can't run with them drawn and have to sheathe them, but they sheathe faster than any other weapon and don't use stamina for any of their moves, so all your stamina is free for dodging, and you can sprint infinitely whenever you need to.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
When you got more than double the gear requirment for lvl 5 nayzaga and its still intense and hard

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So I managed to do what I presume is the final quest of the game, Kill Rezakiri and Shroud, and I don't feel sufficiently rewarded. Time to grind for legendary weapons and armor I suppose.

Oct 29, 2017
Use Steam Input. Quoting myself from a reply that had issues with the ingame controller settings.

"Try using steam input to remap it instead. You have to make Epic Games Launcher the shortcut (rename it to Dauntless if you want, or keep it as EGS but have different EGS games profiles saved as different controller configs with the game title. The below is MGS V PS4 Deluxe & Acc... blah blah but you can easily call it Dauntless, or Fortnite to differentiate the different EGS games settings) then launch the game. Make sure the non steam game is shown on your steam Playing notification to make sure it's working. You may need to launch steam in administrator mode. I play using the steam controller and my custom configurations."

w22aRvw.png
So you're saying run EGS using Steam? You can add EGS as an App that Steam runs which allows Steam input to work with EGS games??

Edit: My god it actually works. Never would have thought of this xD Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In really digging the Hammer weapon. Feels very powerful. The polearm is ok, but dont really like the shooting mechanic of it.

Does a tone knowcon which day the weekly's reset?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
So you're saying run EGS using Steam? You can add EGS as an App that Steam runs which allows Steam input to work with EGS games??

Edit: My god it actually works. Never would have thought of this xD Thanks a lot.
Yeah, I have to find ways to get Steam Input to work on all my games since I'm not a fan of KB/Mouse, and I love the steam controller which I only realized was locked to steam after I bought it.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I complained a few times about the queues and all but they are working on it,according to their Twitter anyway so I will keep at it,game is fun...got to level 10 on PS4(I switch back and forth from X),was sure I would get a trophy but nope,oh well lol...also their activies thing is not working on PS4,like in the what's new section,it does not show so and so played Dauntless for the first time and things like that...

''So Far Today :

1:00 PM | Increased capacity
2:20 PM | Increased capacity again
3:20 PM | Increased capacity ... again We're getting there, Slayers!"

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yea there's also a mod for the Pike that automatically charges the stored energy things to max level over time.
It's growing on me that Pike lol
Yeah, I do like the Pike with the exception that i kept missing my shots because the aiming with it sucks. But if there are some different modes for it that change how it plays, im definitely going to keep at it.