• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man some of these behemoths are just badly designed. The Praying Mantis looking dude in the Tera Patrols is just the worst. He constantly jumps half a mile away so it's nearly impossible to hit him for 80% of the fight. Then he hits you with a debuff that causes you to take huge amounts of damage if you run out of stamina (Which you will chasing his fucking ass all over).

Then he gets a weird bee swarm all over him and you can't get within melee range of him.

Then he turns fucking invisible and keeps attacking you......seriously?

I've done this fight 3 times with pugs and haven't managed to beat it. It's also just not fun chasing this fucker all over the place.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Man some of these behemoths are just badly designed. The Praying Mantis looking dude in the Tera Patrols is just the worst. He constantly jumps half a mile away so it's nearly impossible to hit him for 80% of the fight. Then he hits you with a debuff that causes you to take huge amounts of damage if you run out of stamina (Which you will chasing his fucking ass all over).

Then he gets a weird bee swarm all over him and you can't get within melee range of him.

I've done this fight 3 times with pugs and haven't managed to beat it. It's also just not fun chasing this fucker all over the place.

With fights that have a lot of movements (you'll find this useful for the dog fights too), there are plenty of opportunities to stagger them, which keeps them in place for a while. For those fights, I use the War Pike special that lets me shoot the missle thing, as it is easier to stagger them that way. A heavy sword attack works as well, and it's not as painfully slow as something like a hammer.

Also, with regards to wounding, if you sheath your weapon, you do not lose stamina while running. So you can chase after it without losing stamina. Also, any sort of healing will get rid of that debuff.

I don't think they are badly designed. I think, like most other things, there are ways to work around it, it just requires some exploration of other options. For example, I don't think Skarn is poorly designed despite the pike generally being pretty awful against itcompared to a hammer or something that hits a lot harder. I just needed to change up my playstyle.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

ha that fucker was hard the first few times, now he's nothing compared to the later behemoths.

Use stagger to boop and use cells to avoid the shock effects, sheath weapon to not lose stamina.

He's not badly designed at all. You can boop him all day. He goes down in less than 10 min most the time

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ha that fucker was hard the first few times, now he's nothing compared to the later behemoths.

Use stagger to boop and use cells to avoid the shock effects, sheath weapon to not lose stamina.

He's not badly designed at all. You can boop him all day. He goes down in less than 10 min most the time

I guess it only feels bad that literally no one is staggering him ever then? I managed to knock him out a couple times with my war pike special shot, but it's not exactly easy to aim and requires a lot of time to charge up to be effective.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's definitely something MH has on it: the insane variety (14+ weapon classes) gives you a lot of options, depending on the monster.

Right now, depending on how powerful you are, you just need to use ranged weapons for certain fights. At least until you get really good with the melee weapons and attack patterns.

It feels a lot less forgiving than MHW, mostly because it still has those gaps in the gear sets.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I guess it only feels bad that literally no one is staggering him ever then? I managed to knock him out a couple times with my war pike special shot, but it's not exactly easy to aim and requires a lot of time to charge up to be effective.

Yea your team should be helping you out...you can stagger with heavy attack too on the pike, not just the load up heavy attack AFAIK.

There are red lines around the head and body that indicate a stagger moment, usually during animation.

Embermane is great practice for booping(staggering).

The PS4 framerate makes it hard to time though..really hope they fix it.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
This game badly needs the ability to remap controls. L3 is a terrible button to hold down to lock the screen on the monster. Even now after hours of gameplay I always instinctively press L2, because that is the button that makes sense.

I would much rather have the emote wheel on an awkward button than the camera locking.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
That's definitely something MH has on it: the insane variety (14+ weapon classes) gives you a lot of options, depending on the monster.

Right now, depending on how powerful you are, you just need to use ranged weapons for certain fights. At least until you get really good with the melee weapons and attack patterns.

It feels a lot less forgiving than MHW, mostly because it still has those gaps in the gear sets.
Definitely agree. I think the weapons they have are varied and all quite fun, I just hope they add more weapons to add even more variety sooner rather than later.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Man, the Scorchstone Hellion fight is literally unplayable on the base PS4. I saw power point presentations running faster. He just spams a crapload of pooping lava all over the place the game becomes a slide show. And all other fights so far i dont complain, i play perfectly fine, but this guy i dunno what to do, i gotta try build some repeaters and try stay back just pew pew him from a distance.

How was this not adressed? They dont tested the game till this guy on console?

With the visuals the game has, in small empty inslands with no other wild life, just a monster and 4 players, the game should be running at 60 fps.

Last edited:

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
The bug where the game won't let you catch your axe or pick it up is directly related to the bug where sometimes your character model is still standing when you get ko'd.

Which is nice to know at least. Now I'm not actively afraid every time I throw my axe that I"m about to get fucked for the rest of the session.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
So, been playing with a friend tonight. He added me and we playing in a party but I couldn't see him outside of the party on my friends list, and when I sent him an invite the game automatically told me it failed to send the invitation.

I quit the game and logged in again and same thing, I don't see him and can't add him but he sees me as his friend.

We can play anyway but it's weird.

Inskipp

Oct 11, 2018
Finland
Is it just me or is remapping the Xbone controllers B- face button currently bugged on PC?

Everytime I try to apply a bind into the B-button, it just backs out of the rebind-menu (probably because "cancel" is also bound to B-button). A bit of a headscratcher I must say.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is remapping the Xbone controllers B- face button currently bugged on PC?

Everytime I try to apply a bind into the B-button, it just backs out of the rebind-menu (probably because "cancel" is also bound to B-button). A bit of a headscratcher I must say.
Try using steam input to remap it instead. You have to make Epic Games Launcher the shortcut (rename it to Dauntless) then launch the game. Make sure the game is shown on your steam Playing notification to make sure it's working. You may need to launch steam in administrator mode. I play using the steam controller and my custom configurations.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone on PlayStation found anything but PC in their crossplay lobby. Been playing for hours and I have yet to come across a PS4 On the Xbox. All PC players or Xbox. I'm just more or less curious what symbol they go with next to the player names.
I've played with Xbox people while on PS4, the symbol is pretty much the same with a quick look, but if your playing with PS4/Xbox players they have a little console next to the TV, instead of a PC tower.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried to buy some currency on the epic store but the epic store tells me I've reached my purchase limit and should try again later (At some indeterminate time). Epic are just clown shoes.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Wiped twice in a row against Embermane now, my teammates seem to always be wearing full ice armor so they get knocked super fast. Don't know how the scaling works exactly (if there even is one), seems way harder at 2-3 than with a full party too.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Servers are a mess? Slayer level not showing, lost access to my hunt pass, not all patrols availabe.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
So have the updated people on an estimate of when they will be fixing adding friends or the servers in general. I know they did a recent update that helped, but I still can't even add friends on the Xbox

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
People are just utterly horribble at this game. I wish we could see gear score because I'm convinced half the players aren't upgrading anything

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Stop using your self revives!
Unless the danger meter is the highest and you can't be revived.

Fuuuuu your team will revive you just be patient.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I created a Discord if anyone wants to join. Not sure how to hide text anymore...

I also created a guild called PupNSuds. If there's already a Reset guild, I'll dip out of mine. My game name is nicoga3000 for anyone looking to add friends and such.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Stop using your self revives!
Unless the danger meter is the highest and you can't be revived.

Fuuuuu your team will revive you just be patient.
I discovered this last night the hard way. I kinda wish more people would be on the mic and share this sort of helpful stuff.

Game overall has me hooked. I never got into Monster Hunter until world, but this has me in even deeper. Still playing around with which weapons work for me, but really enjoying the axe so far.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Why are you failing missions or?
I'm still grinding out ice and fire
I'm only going to start my next set today.

Failing missions constantly. Part of it is I suspect people are woefully undergeared, bad at the game and the rest is the E button and selecting your consumables just randomly not working at all. You'll get clear, hit your heal and then start moving again. Half the time your potion just hasn't fired.

Don't get me started on the utterly random "Hold E to do nothing" bug

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Did monster hunter world just design monsters that abused how fast they can move so you spend at least half the fight running from one end of the arena to the other?

Also public service awareness. The 30 day bonus loot from patrols pass? Despite what it implies it only counts for the bonus chest. I feel robbed.

Did monster hunter world just design monsters that abused how fast they can move so you spend at least half the fight running from one end of the arena to the other?

Also public service awareness. The 30 day bonus loot from patrols pass? Despite what it implies it only counts for the bonus chest. I feel robbed.
Odogoran could do that in a couple of spots, but monsters tend to stick close to you otherwise. Definitely nothing on the level of Embermane or Khabara, that's for sure.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Scorchstone Hellion is still a slide show even solo on base PS4. Well, it's the only fight it's really problematic, otherwise I have a really good time. Just unlocked Heroic monsters, here comes another bunch of underleveled hell ah ah ah !

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking this quite a bit.

Though fuck the Embermane fight. Dude spends most of the fun just running around and so your playing catch up the entire time.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I put over a 100 hours into MHW and I never felt like I had to chase the enemies back and forth across an opening while fighting it. It's the one part of Dauntless I just don't care for. MHW did have you chase the monster as it tried to flee and heal throughout the fight, but that never bothered me as much because the world was beautiful and part of the "hunt" was kicking the monsters ass until it fled to its nest.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yea the behemoths run away for no reason.

In MHW we had a bomb party when the monster went to sleep/eat. It allowed us to get creative.
In Dauntless they literally run away and just go to another spot, no sleep, no eating. Can't get creative.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

In MHW we had a bomb party when the monster went to sleep/eat. It allowed us to get creative.
In Dauntless they literally run away and just go to another spot, no sleep, no eating. Can't get creative.

I consider Dauntless a monster hunting game and Mon Hun a monster hunting simulator. Not saying it justifies the overly simple behaviors, but it works in my brain, ha

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Nayzaga is the worst when people leave in the middle of the hunt and you are left with you and 1 other person

Its annoying that you have to guess where theyll turn up
No way to track and no map for refrence

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
In monster hunter the only reason I was really okay with monsters running is that it varied up the location of a hunt a bit right. New ledges in different positions, stuff like that. With a few exceptions most of the locations here don't really have a huge impact though. They are (almost) all just flat fields.

Last edited:

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Embermane is not a problem when people aim to interrupt him during his charge, but yeah, if not doing that, it's an endless run ah ah ah.

Quillshot threat lvl 12 isnt as hard as hard Nayzaga threat lvl 5
On this we can agree, just did his quest (X3 slain) this morning, he is a complete jobber.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Is it even possible to stop them from running away?? Like the ones that burrow away just can't be stopped in any way. It would speed up hunts if there was a way to interrupt that. I should say its less that they run away, its more like they simply teleport away. You can get ahead of a monster or set a trap to stop them from dragging the hunt out in MH.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Embermane = going in with Hammer always for me.
Aint nobody going to boop him then I will.

Is it even possible to stop them from running away?? Like the ones that burrow away just can't be stopped in any way. It would speed up hunts if there was a way to interrupt that.

I read on the subreddit of someone booping a behemoth that was running away (not burrowing). I haven't done it myself.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
During the running away of the monster I'm collecing resources like a madman. Life Pilons, Vampiric potions and Interrupt grenade are too good ^^.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to find the deadeye quillshot? I have the regular one and my quests are all for the tier past that.