• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was having a great time, tried to buy the thing in the store that's on offer and spend real money on the game, it crashes, I restart and now im in a massive queue.

These queue numbers don't even give you a rough idea of when you will get in either

Both nights I've played the queue has been high. I think the first night it was 5000 and the second night it was 8000. Both times I was in the game playing in less than 5 minutes.

The numbers sound high but honestly the wait is pretty quick. At least in my limited experience.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Both nights I've played the queue has been high. I think the first night it was 5000 and the second night it was 8000. Both times I was in the game playing in less than 5 minutes.

The numbers sound high but honestly the wait is pretty quick. At least in my limited experience.

Agreed with this. Just loaded in and it said 4000. Was in in under two minutes. Dropped to 2000, then 400 then I was in.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm at 380 power, and no way to level without doing Heroic monsters (shining arcstone). Some of the missions are 400 recommended power (threat level 12), so I guess another round underleveled, sigh...

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I have an addon that says with it equiped hammer strikes will now do full stagger damage when hitting legs. Does this really mean hitting a leg is as good as hitting the head with that addon equipped?

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having fun with it so far. The new look weapons and armour you unlock from each Behemoth is cool. I will say though that it's best to play in small bursts because it's both really repetitive and really grindy.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, I don't know whats going on in the background. There are 4 human controlled NPC's and a single monster. Outside of whatever random weather effect that's going on, there's nothing else happening at all. Because of the art style they went with, its visually far less complex than MHW. And MHW runs better if you pick the performance mode. I'm playing on pro and I can imagine its even worse on base PS4.

Have you played Solo? The FPS is solid Solo so it has to be the servers or lag.

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me whether there are items/abilities to make dodging faster? Ac/Dark Souls style dodging where you don't have to wait 2 seconds for the sword animation...

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017

Cheers it did go quite quickly, I am back out again at a 20k queue and it's not even moving now haha

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Does anyone like this clunky mechanic where you cannot cancel swings? Is it something that might grow on the user?

Well the idea for these type of games is that the monsters you hunt typically follow the same rules you do when it comes to animation. Once they start an animation, they can't get out of it same as you so its matter of figuring out how you can weave your attacks in and get out.

Oct 27, 2017
It just feels like when you have a two-handed weapon in Dark Souls with no stamina.

Are there, at least, weapons which have much faster attacks than the starting sword?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I played this a ton in the alpha/beta phase. Got through most available monsters and enjoyed it enough. May give this another shot now that it's officially released.

Have they added new monsters or discussed the future of the game?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
It just feels like when you have a two-handed weapon in Dark Souls with no stamina.

Are there, at least, weapons which have much faster attacks than the starting sword?

You start out with all the weapons, the game just doesn't do a good job of telling you that. The war pike is pretty fast even if it does low damage. It does a shit ton of wound damage that makes it easier for others to break parts

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I just got grim Onslaught for my Axe and man, it is MUCH more satisfying to use than Flight of Ruin. It just feels so weighty, and its this huge heavy chunk that sometimes interrupts monsters out of attacks, feels real good in a very monster hunter way.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Anything I should know before starting? In a 30k queue so might as well use that time for something.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So, maybe jump into this later, since I like MH. What is the gear/loot loop like in this? Some interesting variety in gears and abilities?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
So the best way to farm those mods that you attach to gear and weapons is to level new weapons? After the first few days those loot box things have dried up. The only ones that dropped for me in fights have been the level 1's and across so many different slot types.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
40, 000 queue went by in 15 minutes.
Getting better.

So the best way to farm those mods that you attach to gear and weapons is to level new weapons? After the first few days those loot box things have dried up. The only ones that dropped for me in fights have been the level 1's and across so many different slot types.

Yea there's mastery levels for weapon and each element.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
So, maybe jump into this later, since I like MH. What is the gear/loot loop like in this? Some interesting variety in gears and abilities?
This is a build calculator, click on the weapon type and gear type to see the different gear and weapon list and how they differ. This is probably the best way to see the variety and how they add up in a build you want to craft.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
In short, a hammer is a hammer, what make them different is the perk they have naturally, the perk socket types that you will be able to add to them, and the element they have (neutral, ice <> fire, nature <> electricity for example). Also weapons and armors can have unique properties (Storm Hammer: Reloads 3 ammo after dodging through an attack).

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to give it another chance but after trying it yesterday I don't feel is worth for someone who is deep into Monster Hunter like me. Like I feel I'd rather play MHGU until Iceborne hits than play this. Is not like I think is a bad game, actually is probably ideal for those who feel getting into monster hunter is too hard or they think is to clunky, but for me this dosn't offer anything that I can get better on current Monster Hunter games.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
In short, a hammer is a hammer, what make them different is the perk they have naturally, the perk socket types that you will be able to add to them, and the element they have (neutral, ice <> fire, nature <> electricity for example). Also weapons and armors can have unique properties (Storm Hammer: Reloads 3 ammo after dodging through an attack).
Interesting. I was just looking through the basic stuff and it sounds pretty varied in terms how you mod the weapons etc. Probably go Ostian Repeaters, since I normally run ranged weapons in MH.

Are there any support/team skill weapons/abilities? Aka, Hunting Horn style?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm going to give it another chance but after trying it yesterday I don't feel is worth for someone who is deep into Monster Hunter like me. Like I feel I'd rather play MHGU until Iceborne hits than play this. Is not like I think is a bad game, actually is probably ideal for those who feel getting into monster hunter is too hard or they think is to clunky, but for me this dosn't offer anything that I can get better on current Monster Hunter games.

I see myself dropping Dauntless real quick once the MHW Summer event comes then Iceborne is shortly after.

I wonder if the numbers will be affected, a lot of people are waiting for event or Iceborne to get back into MHW and are playing this.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if you are already into MH with a group of friends I would for sure stick with it. I might get MH later, the thing that holds me back is trying to figure out how match making is on PC. Monster Hunter doesn't have free to play thing in it either I bet, no waiting for crafts to finish, no exclusive store skins (or little of them), emotes, loot boosters, no extensive grinds designed to make you want to buy boosters, etc.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if there is a bug with armor values and how they display in the pre hunt screen?

For instance my gear if I add it up in my head should be 160 (or something like that). The enemy I'm fighting also does electrical damage and my gear has +25 electrical protection. This should up my total from 160 to well over 200.

However when I get to the screen where I'm "readying up" my armor value says 130......

So I'm not really sure what is going on here. When I switch to a different set of gear with no elemental resists, the total reads perfect.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I was just looking through the basic stuff and it sounds pretty varied in terms how you mod the weapons etc. Probably go Ostian Repeaters, since I normally run ranged weapons in MH.

Are there any support/team skill weapons/abilities? Aka, Hunting Horn style?
The repeaters can buff the party with it's gun attachment abilities like "Captain's Grip": Launches a collectible buff a short distance, granting 20% attack speed for 15 seconds when collected. This buff is something you throw out, and if you pick it up or throw it on a party member you all receive the buff, so you're like a speed bard. There are more party buffs like this that a repeater can use, as well as some for other people (party shield buff, fire resist + attack speed buffs aka: Molten perk).

I think of my repeater as a bard of sorts. I speed everyone up with the Captain's grip ability + molten orbs that I lay around.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The repeaters can buff the party with it's gun attachment abilities like "Captain's Grip": Launches a collectible buff a short distance, granting 20% attack speed for 15 seconds when collected. This buff is something you throw out, and if you pick it up or throw it on a party member you all receive the buff, so you're like a speed bard. There are more party buffs like this that a repeater can use, as well as some for other people (party shield buff, fire resist + attack speed buffs aka: Molten perk).

I think of my repeater as a bard of sorts. I speed everyone up with the Captain's grip ability + molten orbs that I lay around.
Sounds pretty cool to be honest. I like a good support class.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone know if there is a bug with armor values and how they display in the pre hunt screen?

For instance my gear if I add it up in my head should be 160 (or something like that). The enemy I'm fighting also does electrical damage and my gear has +25 electrical protection. This should up my total from 160 to well over 200.

However when I get to the screen where I'm "readying up" my armor value says 130......

So I'm not really sure what is going on here. When I switch to a different set of gear with no elemental resists, the total reads perfect.
Yeah, that happens to me too, if you don't press ready quickly and wait a few seconds you'll see the numbers go up, I hope it's just a visual bug.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I see myself dropping Dauntless real quick once the MHW Summer event comes then Iceborne is shortly after.

I wonder if the numbers will be affected, a lot of people are waiting for event or Iceborne to get back into MHW and are playing this.

They probably will be, although I think the F2P crossplatform nature of the game makes it so that there are a lot of people that have tried and liked this game that have never played MH.

I think it will be fine.

Game is addicting and really haven't seen any shitty MTX so that's good.

The cells could merge faster but yea.

I'm under the impression that it will be a pain in the ass in the late game, trying to merge cells to get a bunch of different +3 cells.