• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Y'all need to stop having "crushes" after high school. It's a bad look. I don't need to echo what else has been already said: leave this woman alone and find someone with fewer red flags (many of which are created by the workplace environment) to date.

And stop pretending to be misogynistic to "cleverly" repel women.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
From what I've gathered from asking about her son (she talks about her son a LOT), she still lives at home with her parents and she asks them to watch him sometimes. However, her parents like to go out too (her entire family seems really big on birthdays) and sometimes they can't watch him. One day she came to work late and completely ignored me for nearly the entire day. It wasn't until I was heading home that I overheard her talking to another co-worker/friend that her parents stayed out because of a birthday and she had to wait for them to come home to watch her son. She thought they might of done it on purpose for some reason and it was upsetting her...

I'm gonna join the choir and say that you should most certainly NOT ask this woman out on a date - maybe a friendly professional lunch as co-workers is all you should attempt, maybe.

What you should do is work on yourself, look to reasons why you might be a "kissless virgin in your mid-30s", that is, if it's not something you've actively pursued. It honestly doesn't sound like you respect women much or understand proper boundaries - but I'm getting ahead of myself. Start with yourself, some true soul-searching, therapy if you haven't already tried it. If you have anyone in your circle of friends who seem to have their shit together, as far as relationships go, ask them for advice and be honest about your own feelings.

Ultimately, you're in no position to be dating - I'd say you're in a worse position now, than when you were in your teens, as it sounds to me that your views towards the opposite sex have grown more toxic now than they may have been when you were younger. Look into the reasons for that and start improving yourself, for the sake of yourself, and not for "dating".

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
(Sorry about writing so much. I'm trying to give as much info as possible.)

Oh. I forgot to mention something very important.

I said I first had a co-worker that I'd become friendly with play "cupid" for me, that I told him to just mention that in casual conversation that I had a crush on her, and for him to gauge her reaction/interest. I told you he went "ham" and instead asked her how she'd feel if I asked her out and that's when she seemed surprised at my interest (probably because I'm always busting her chops) and said her son would have to come along. This was back in October.

That's not how she found out I had a crush on her. About a week ago, because four co-workers were absent for various reasons, I ended up having to work my entire half of the area alone. I was there for a couple hours by myself until my supervisor sent her to my area. We started with our usual "shtick", until I decided to ask her something.

I had been wondering for a while why so many of my co-workers hated this girl and why she had so many "beefs" in the work place when she's been nothing by very sweet to me since day one. It's weird because one of the co-workers I've become friendly with, not the one I asked to play cupid, whenever I have to work with this girl, he'll pull me to the side when I'm heading to the bathroom/lunch/break/etc. and say something like "don't let that bitch tell you what to do while she's in there with you!" with just pure rage and hatred in a face that's normally carefree and jovial every other time. Then there are other co-workers (both male and female) who will confide in me (because I'm a quiet dude, a lot of people like to vent to me and tell me how their feeling for some reason) how they don't like her. There was even an incident when I came to work and hardly any body was there. I asked one of the older workers where everybody was and he went into a vicious rant about her and only her. And the crazy thing about is, these same people pretend to be friendly with her. They ask her how her son is doing, how she's doing, etc. and make small talk when they don't even have to.

So, there we were just the two of us working, and I told her all of this, but I didn't mention any names, and asked her what she'd do to accumulate all of these beefs. We spent a long time going back and forth with her telling me to tell her who said what, and with me telling her that "this rage and hatred towards you wasn't born out of thin air" and that she must of done something to upset these people. She then kept saying to tell her who said what and she'd tell me what she did. I didn't tell her of course. Finally, she just gave up and told me the next time the message is relayed (I told her about the co-worker who says "don't let that bitch tell you what to do!" every time he sees us together, as he's the one who hates her the most) for me to tell them to come speak to her.

She went on break, but when she came back I decided to ask her about a different beef; one concerning the friend I asked to play cupid for me.

Up until Christmas, this friend (let's just call him Cupid), was cool with the girl squad. He actually did a lot of extra work for them, that he didn't have to do, that made their work easier. Long story short, he had a falling out with them because one of them, the matriarch of the group, had a secret which was told to him in confidence, but he told other people and it got out. It's not important what the secret was, just that they have been giving him the silent treatment ever since.

She comes back from break and I ask her why she and girl squad is giving Cupid the silent treatment. I know the reason why, but I'm just pretending like he didn't tell me. She played dumb as first, but I mention to her that I'm very perceptive and noticed how things changed between them. She finally tells me that he "ran his mouth, telling other people's business." She also mention that he's been telling people my business as well. I immediately knew that this "business" had to be asking Cupid to tell her I had a crush on her.

I kept asking her "what did he say!?". She was reluctant to tell me and wanted me to give up the names of the people who I said were talking about her behind her back, but eventually she told me that Cupid said "He said you liked me, which I don't know if is true or not.". My heart started beating really fast at this point and I just laughed nervously to myself. Before I could say anything, she said it was getting hot and she needed to get a bottle of water. That's when I decided to tell her flat out that I had a crush on her.

So she comes back with a bottle of water and starts working again. We don't say anything for a bit and that's when I start, with much stammering, that I told Cupid to tell her I had a crush on her. I could tell she was nervous when I was telling her this because messed up something she was working on and was at a loss for words. Right after I finished telling her, another co-worker came in and she started talking to him. He left briefly afterwards, and there was a long awkward silence before I started talking to her again about something else. We talked for a good three hours after that and continued with our usual "shtick".

At first, I thought maybe she just didn't feel the same way about me.

The next day comes around and of the four co-workers who were absent the previous day, only Cupid comes back. So I told him what happened and he couldn't believe it. I tell him about the mixed signals and he says "Ah', maybe she's just playing hard to get.". It's Monday and there's always a hellish workload on Mondays. A couple of hours pass and she (my crush) gets sent to my area again to help out. We start working, but I take my break almost as soon as she showed up because I was so nervous from our previous encounter.

When I came back from my break, Cupid had made himself scarce. We start talking for a bit and then she says, casually and completely unrelated to what we were talking about, "I'm glad I'm off for Valentine's Day next week.". Without thinking, I blurted out "Why? Do you have a date?". Now, the radio was playing, so I didn't catch all of what she said but from what I did definitely hear, she said "No. Something-something-something. Usually I just would treat myself, but if I had a boyfriend or even, you know, a crush, they would treat me.". She put heavy emphasis on "a crush" when she said this. I couldn't say anything afterwards because it really caught me off guard. My mind was just swirling for the rest of the day because I felt she was indirectly telling me it was OK to ask her out.

SO that's why I wanted to take her out on Valentine's Day and why I'm 99% certain she'll say yes if I ask her. It's not really MY idea that the day be Valentine's Day; it's her's.

Unless I'm somehow misreading her, this HAS to be her telling me it's clear to land my plane on the runway, right?

---
I should also mention, (yes I know I've been saying this a lot), that this girl tried to hang out with me on two occasions before, but I'm not sure how serious she was because she always says I'm just playing/messing with you and she even tells other people how "I like messing with him.".

The first time was shortly after the incident I told you about where she, um, pressed herself against me. A few days afterwards, she asked me to go hang out with her at a strip club of all places. Then the second time, some months later when her birthday was coming up, she asked me to go hang out with her again at a strip club where we'd "smoke hookahs". I asked her later on that day what she was really doing for her birthday and she said "what I told you!". However, because of her playful personality, I can't tell if she was serious or not.

Last edited:

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Jesus, you sure do enjoy workplace drama and stirring shit with coworkers, don't you?

Literally none of what you said is appropriate for an adult. Please view your behavior from the lens of someone else being the actor in question: you're talking about "crushes," enlisting someone to play "Cupid," (no one says this, by the way), and she's got a kid. You can't even ask someone out on a date, although I hope you can at some point; jumping to a single mom is like skipping ahead to the final boss of relationships.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
1) Seriously stop writing novels and over analyzing a relationship with a coworker as if you're breaking down Anna Karenina. Ask her out but not on Valentine's Day and make it something low key.
2) It's "must have" not "must of," Mr. She's Scared of Me Because I'm a Well-Read Degree-Holder

Oct 25, 2017
Look, I am not necessarily looking for advice or anything, but I thought I'd share my recent — and first — experiences dating that all started for me on New Years. I don't even think anyone will stop and read this.

Grats on finding something. Good contrast to the absolute train wrecks of Introvert and that thread from yesterday about a girl that was almost certainly going to cut contact immediately upon getting asked for a date.

You kind of got lucky with the woman adding you on social media and propelling contact, as the "correct" thing would have been for you to get her number after the car ride home. Not all women are going to take the initiative to pursue contact like that, and a lot are going to either get offended or assume you not getting her number was a sign of disinterest / you already seeing somebody.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm probably over analyzing it, and I probably should have had this conversation earlier. I was thinking of asking my GF of 4 months if she was on bc. I never really asked, and we've been using a condom the entire time. I'd be nice to go without it. Should I straight up bring it up in conversation?

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm probably over analyzing it, and I probably should have had this conversation earlier. I was thinking of asking my GF of 4 months if she was on bc. I never really asked, and we've been using a condom the entire time. I'd be nice to go without it. Should I straight up bring it up in conversation?

I mean if it's been 4 months it's probably fine to ask. Just bring it up, "Hey I know I never asked before, but are you on bc?"

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
; jumping to a single mom is like skipping ahead to the final boss of relationships.

Truth. If you do not have experience with or do not like kids, you don't want to do this. You may see the kidless side of them at work, but home life is dictated by small kids. That's something most people without kids are not ready for, and it can be incredibly frustrating because you feel like you are competing. You will always lose that battle. And if you don't, there's a good chance they're not a good parent and someone you don't want to be around anyway.

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
OK. So maybe a V-Day date is too heavy to start with.

What if I told her I wanted to start slowly and hang out with her on small excursions from time to time so we could feel each other out and see if we're compatible? Do you think she'd be OK with that?

I mean, even if you guys are seeing red flags, eating breakfast together after work while talking from time to time wouldn't cause some impending train wreck to happen, would it?

OP
OP
Salamando

Salamando

Oct 25, 2017

What if I told her I wanted to start slowly and hang out with her on small excursions from time to time so we could feel each other out and see if we're compatible? Do you think she'd be OK with that?

I mean, even if you guys are seeing red flags, eating breakfast together after work while talking from time to time wouldn't cause some impending train wreck to happen, would it?
Straight up, asking her out at all is a bad idea. Horrible. It honestly sounds like she's cruelly teasing you and you're too taken in by the female contact that you aren't noticing. She asked you if a woman has ever touched your penis, proceeded to sexually harass you, and then later tried to take you to a strip club (twice!). This all is not healthy adult behavior.

If you're meeting someone who's normal, you don't need to quantify the ask-out. Just "Hey, I'd like to take you on a date sometime. How about dinner friday night?". The seeing if we're compatible is implied by the word date.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

She sexually assaulted you dude. The last thing you need to do is spend more time with her. If anything, you need to report her behavior and actions to HR and have documentation.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes you're definitely over-analyzing it. I ask the first time we have sex

Nov 17, 2017

Seems like you're going to pursue her no matter what. I still say don't do it at all for reasons that have been repeated many times.

You're not going to hang out and test the waters. You know you're not going to be able to do it. You're way too over invested to actually pull that off and I don't know why you would pretend you could. Seriously there are healthier ways to pursue relationships and this isn't it.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW

You're not listening to anything anyone's saying or even acknowledging the concerns shared by literally everyone that's posted about your situation.

There are valid reasons why rules like "don't date coworkers," "don't get too invested early on," and "don't start with single moms who may have baby daddy drama." You can break those rules, but it's only advisable if you know what you're doing.

You don't.

So, go forth and do whatever.

At the very least, it will be a learning experience. Just do us a favor and post about the fallout.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
"I'm glad I'm off for Valentine's Day next week.". Without thinking, I blurted out "Why? Do you have a date?". Now, the radio was playing, so I didn't catch all of what she said but from what I did definitely hear, she said "No. Something-something-something. Usually I just would treat myself, but if I had a boyfriend or even, you know, a crush, they would treat me.". She put heavy emphasis on "a crush" when she said this. I couldn't say anything afterwards because it really caught me off guard. My mind was just swirling for the rest of the day because I felt she was indirectly telling me it was OK to ask her out.

Why couldn't you say anything afterwards? You could've just said, I'm free too you want to go out?

I should also mention, (yes I know I've been saying this a lot), that this girl tried to hang out with me on two occasions before, but I'm not sure how serious she was because she always says I'm just playing/messing with you and she even tells other people how "I like messing with him.".

The first time was shortly after the incident I told you about where she, um, pressed herself against me. A few days afterwards, she asked me to go hang out with her at a strip club of all places. Then the second time, some months later when her birthday was coming up, she asked me to go hang out with her again at a strip club where we'd "smoke hookahs". I asked her later on that day what she was really doing for her birthday and she said "what I told you!". However, because of her playful personality, I can't tell if she was serious or not.

She's asked you multiple times to hang out. What more indicators do you need? The heck are you waiting for?

Also, what in the world are you doing? You're a grown man in your 30's. All this work drama you create and are part of, you could've just asked her out months ago. Instead, you prefer to play childish and silly games.

gaiages

Oct 25, 2017
Florida

DO NOT ASK HER OUT AT ALL

READ WHAT WE ARE SAYING

Oct 25, 2017
China
first time was shortly after the incident I told you about where she, um, pressed herself against me. A few days afterwards, she asked me to go hang out with her at a strip club of all places. Then the second time, some months later when her birthday was coming up, she asked me to go hang out with her again at a strip club where we'd "smoke hookahs". I asked her later on that day what she was really doing for her birthday and she said "what I told you!". However, because of her playful personality, I can't tell if she was serious or not.
She does not like you, she's making a big joke out of teasing the socially awkward 30year old virgin at work that has a schoolboy crush on her that EVERYBODY knows about as he engages in workplace gossip like a curtain twitching retired old lady. She then goes back to "girl squad" and they all laugh about it.

So go on, ask her out and give them the season finale punchline that "girl squad" have been building upto for months. You're not listening to anything anyone is telling you anyway and we don't need anymore background detail involving cupid/crush/beef/girl squad/supervisor/your virginity.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I say ask her out! Sounds like you two deserve each other. Maybe she'll even pop your cherry!
And please post all about it here, just utilize some brevity when you do.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
What the fuck is this thread? In what world is dating someone such a complicated mess.

Im glad that I live in a society/country etc. without this mess.

People meet somewhere -> they may like each other -> they like each other more -> sex/relationship/whatever -> fin

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck is this thread? In what world is dating someone such a complicated mess.

People meet somewhere -> they may like each other -> they like each other more -> sex/relationship/whatever -> fin
lol for some people that's how relationships work
for others, it's drama-city

i'm over here like
giphy.gif

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
Look, I am not necessarily looking for advice or anything, but I thought I'd share my recent — and first — experiences dating that all started for me on New Years. I don't even think anyone will stop and read this.

So let me get something out of the way first: I'm not necessarily a whippersnapper. I'm 30 this year going on 31, grew up in a household with parents that hated eachother, where yelling matches (loud enough to get the cops called on our residence constantly as I grew up) and actual domestic violence was at least a weekly affair. I grew up wishing my parents would get divorced so that shit would stop, and it made me lean very, very, very hard into cynicism when it came to romance.

But I wasn't entirely cold on romance. I've bought into the emotional gratification of the media's portrayal of romance, sometimes even troubled romantic relationship — I admire the human connection that seems to be portrayed in many of those successful media romances, even if there's a struggle and an effort to maintain or grow it. I've spent all but the last month of my adult life alone, giving more into my cynicism than that spark of human longing for love. I get the feeling I'm not really alone in that regard.

I got lucky, though, Era. I went to a New Years party being hosted by some of my closest friends, and I met a lady there. Right away, first contact, zero awkwardness between us and topic after topic we discussed, we found we had similar views and interests — I could almost mistake it for love at first sight, minus any fanfare. We're both kind of in the same boat when it comes to our cynicism, but sort of hiding away a longing for a connection, and we both mutually believe we've grown socially awkward and intimately shy for it. So far, we've bonded mostly over romantic stories in film and TV shows, recommending things to one another over dates that we find personal and endearing, and we're finding that we have very similar hopes and dreams when it comes to a partner — but more on that later. I met this lady at New Years, I had volunteered to act as a designated driver for the party — I knew literally everyone in attendance already except for this lady, so I figured I'd just end up driving a few of my friends home. As it would turn out, she would be the only one that needed a ride home. After a series of mutually interesting conversations we shared at the party, we had warmed up to a personal level of discussion for her 10 minute or so ride home, and it felt clear that I dropped her off on a really positive note. She added me on social media the next morning, immediately began messaging me to sort of pick up where we left off, and then she asked me if I'd like to go to brunch with her the next day. By the third date three weeks later, we had already decided to officially become a couple, and it's been nothing but a few weeks since of us setting up dates, constantly chatting over Messenger when we can't see each other, setting our tempo for intimacy. She's already done amazingly considerate things for me as if she were a lifelong friend, and I have attempted apt reciprocation. I admit, I was pretty set on being a cynical, love-shy loner for the rest of my life, but she asked me out and I couldn't believe it, and it's been a great ride so far. It's still a young romance, it's possible the two of us are completely naive to challenges that lie in wait for our relationship. We have to move slow, both of us aren't used to this, but it feels like we're both eager to see each other, and we've both contributed and acted on each other's suggestions for dates. She and I have even very impulsively just decided to go on several dates already within hours, realizing that we both have free time and a desire to see one another. For a pair of would-be loners, I'd say that feels like a pretty radical change, for me at least.

And Era, I'm a real skrawny and not great-looking dude with bland fashion sense (graphic tee and blue jeans bland), I still have obvious signs of adult acne all over my face (that are finally starting to lessen with age), and obvious male pattern baldness has started to set in as of the last couple of years of my life. So far, I feel like I've never had to do a single thing but be myself, and I try to be a nice and considerate person to everyone I cross paths with. I'm not always successful, and I did have the benefit of meeting her around a bunch of close friends that could vouch for my character and give me a comfortable space to just be myself without misguidedly trying to impress her. She's beautiful, her fashion sense is leagues above my blandness, she's traveled to Japan 4 times and Europe 2 times and I have only ever traveled to New Orleans, Las Vegas, and Disneyland either for work or by the kindness of my friends. I feel like she's leagues above me in terms of the things she's accomplished in her adult life, but she asked me out — and all I had to do was just be myself, and just make an effort to be a good person in the process. All I've had to do to to make her want to see me again for the 10-and-counting dates we've been on since we met a month ago is just be myself. I haven't felt uncomfortable, I haven't felt like I needed to put on a show for her, and I really goddamn hope it continues that way. I see no signs of it stopping up, we just met up for brunch today, visited a specialty grocer in town together and got a bunch of treats that we shared, chatted all day and played Shadow of the Colossus together. And it's all just because of happenstance and because she took the initiative and asked me out to brunch a month ago, I was always just one degree of social separation away from her — she's a mutual friend of one of my closest friends and she's been a part of that mutual friend's life for as long as I've known that friend. I'm not disappointed we didn't meet sooner, I feel like a lot of things happened in my life in the last 5 or so years that forced me to mature greatly — traumatic events, extremely happy events, generally just events that gave me a lot more perspective than I would've had if I had met her at the soonest possible opportunity that our paths could have crossed. This definitely isn't a case of "where was she my entire life up to this point," it's more like a case of "thank god I finally got my shit together just enough to be ready for this when it came around."

I did not see that coming, Era. Just over a month ago, I went to that New Years party with zero resolution to ever give myself over to another person. But then I met this lady that so far just seems to work with me really well, she had the guts to ask me out when I wouldn't have had the guts to do the same, and now I don't feel insecure about how she feels about me in return. We've got dates #11 and 12 already planned out for this weekend and Valentine's Day, respectively, and it's never more than 24 hours after the last time we saw each other that one of us is reaching out and requesting to see the other again.

How the hell did that happen? How is it that it just feels this easy? How am I so goddamn lucky all of a sudden? I'm so excited this is happening, I can hardly even wrap my head around it being real.

Sorry if that was a discombobulated mess of a story, I just wanted to rainbow-vomit this story out to someone with the optimistic glow it's inspiring in me right now, the actual unfiltered good vibes it's giving, without necessarily to an audience that's going to give me an automated "I'm so happy for you" response like you get from close friends and family, especially ones that have had long-term relationships already and been through these paces and probably find this budding romance kind of dull and perhaps even naive.

Man, I'm finally going to give a lady flowers this Valentine's Day. I'm not going to have to get pity "Happy Valentine's Day" wishful thought from friends — don't get me wrong, I always appreciated that but it did kind of carry a sting.

Finally, I'm not completely free of my anxiety that this all ends in a break up, but I am keeping my chin up that even if it does fail, this lady will have been important to me for giving me a chance to see how I stack up in this arena. I'll still be kind of an ugly duckling and have to deal with that difficulty (but I can definitely improve in some realms, like fashion) if I get dumped, but it'll be nice to have known that I actually fucking tried on that spark for romance I've always had, rather than wondering what if for the rest of my life.

That'll be the end of that sleep-deprived, delirious, joyful rant. Maybe prospective daters or struggling daters might be able to glean some usefulness from it... I hope. Maybe some experienced and successful daters can come in and dash all my dreams with reason and logic I'm clearly not understanding at this point in the relationship (please don't, though, please let me have this lol). Maybe it's just too long and not a single person will give a damn, but I had to put it out there. I had so much fun on my 10th date today, it just keeps feeling more and more comfortable and familiar every time I see my partner, literally like she's been a life-long friend that I'm catching up with.
This is nice to hear, I hope it works out for you both.

It's awesome when things just fall into place.

Nov 17, 2017

I mean, there are extreme cases like the one blowing up right now but that has more to do with individuals. The thread itself is for giving advice to people for dating as it doesn't go through an easy 1-2-3 process for everyone - even in whatever place you're from. You can simplify it like that like it's nothing but it's not really true.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Fuck!

I slept late today because I didn't have to work, and just checked my phone (which I have a habit of not doing enough). There was three messages from her through social media that I hadn't seen, or heard.

When I dropped her off and walked her to her door, I pulled into the hill of a driveway and walked her to her door. I kissed her goodnight, then she said to text her when I got home safely.

Well, I did, but when I didn't get a reply i assumed that she had fallen asleep because she'd been visibly tired and had mentioned that even though she had slept well she was tired for some reason.

Anyways, I guess that when she got out of the vehicle her phone slipped out of her coat and fell into the snow. It somehow ended up underneath the vehicle as well.

Her first message asked me to look for the phone, but it was followed by two saying that she'd found it under a lot of snow. I guess when I backed out of the driveway I drove over top of it and cracked the screen in a million pieces.

She isn't flush with cash, not that my income is great, but I felt really bad and apologized. I had no idea. But since I felt bad and responsible I offered to pay half to have it fixed or replaced since she has no warranty.

I guess it will be $90 to fix the screen, if possible, and $180 to replace.

Oct 25, 2017
China
You drove over her phone with your car? Wow, thats probably going to end things especially if you are just paying only half of the repair as an appology. Good luck.

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
Well I hope I learn my lesson now: never check your recent ex social media.

I did it just now (we ended like 3 weeks ago) and she's already in a relationship with someone else, apparently a 7 year friend of her just this week they confessed that they always liked each other and now they a happy cpl, well good for them I guess lol. She wrote a long ass testament in her Instagram stating how he has made her so happy, best couple, best lover, funny how they secretly liked each other for so long, etc

I hope everyone also never does this lmao, hopefully my misfortune helps.

It stings but I guess I'm just jealous that she found someone else so quick (granted, I've been doing the same), anyway just venting a bit, at least my actions helped form a happy couple :)

Anyway, changing subject, I need to lvl my club game up, I like going to clubs but I tend to be shy in asking people out (unless I'm in a really good state of mind) even though I can see that a chick might be interested in me. I need to end this mind block and just go for it but is so hard for me lol ><

Last edited:

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck!

I slept late today because I didn't have to work, and just checked my phone (which I have a habit of not doing enough). There was three messages from her through social media that I hadn't seen, or heard.

When I dropped her off and walked her to her door, I pulled into the hill of a driveway and walked her to her door. I kissed her goodnight, then she said to text her when I got home safely.

Well, I did, but when I didn't get a reply i assumed that she had fallen asleep because she'd been visibly tired and had mentioned that even though she had slept well she was tired for some reason.

Anyways, I guess that when she got out of the vehicle her phone slipped out of her coat and fell into the snow. It somehow ended up underneath the vehicle as well.

Her first message asked me to look for the phone, but it was followed by two saying that she'd found it under a lot of snow. I guess when I backed out of the driveway I drove over top of it and cracked the screen in a million pieces.

She isn't flush with cash, not that my income is great, but I felt really bad and apologized. I had no idea. But since I felt bad and responsible I offered to pay half to have it fixed or replaced since she has no warranty.

I guess it will be $90 to fix the screen, if possible, and $180 to replace.
That's either ridiculously bad luck...or she's trying to get money out of you. Be cautious. What a bizarre thing to have happen.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
You drove over her phone with your car? Wow, thats probably going to end things especially if you are just paying only half of the repair as an appology. Good luck.

Thanks

She told me not to feel bad, and said that she blames herself more than anything, but that it was a fluke accident.

She doesn't seem to be mad at me and understands it's not my fault, said she should have secured it.

That's either ridiculously bad luck...or she's trying to get money out of you. Be cautious. What a bizarre thing to have happen.

I don't think she is. Just really bad luck.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Well I hope I learn my lesson now: never check your recent ex social media.

I did it just now (we ended like 3 weeks ago) and she's already in a relationship with someone else, apparently a 7 year friend of her just this week they confessed that they always liked each other and now they a happy cpl, well good for them I guess lol. She wrote a long ass testament in her Instagram stating how he has made her so happy, best couple, best lover, funny how they secretly liked each other for so long, etc

I hope everyone also never does this lmao, hopefully my misfortune helps.

It stings but I guess I'm just jealous that she found someone else so quick (granted, I've been doing the same), anyway just venting a bit, at least my actions helped form a happy couple :)

Anyway, changing subject, I need to lvl my club game up, I like going to clubs but I tend to be shy in asking people out (unless I'm in a really good state of mind) even though I can see that a chick might be interested in me. I need to end this mind block and just go for it but is so hard for me lol ><

Literally all of this is me. I know that feel man.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say bearded, that's 100% her fault. It's nice that you're offering to pay for half of the repairs, that's generous.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Yeah I guess. feel partially responsible but not fully.

She said she's going to go with a new phone replacement which will be the $180 option, because who knows how damaged it is. To be honest I'd do the same. I mean it was snowed on for more than 12 hours as well.

She said she hates taking money from me but wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
(Sorry about writing so much. I'm trying to give as much info as possible.)

Oh. I forgot to mention something very important.

I said I first had a co-worker that I'd become friendly with play "cupid" for me, that I told him to just mention that in casual conversation that I had a crush on her, and for him to gauge her reaction/interest. I told you he went "ham" and instead asked her how she'd feel if I asked her out and that's when she seemed surprised at my interest (probably because I'm always busting her chops) and said her son would have to come along. This was back in October.

That's not how she found out I had a crush on her. About a week ago, because four co-workers were absent for various reasons, I ended up having to work my entire half of the area alone. I was there for a couple hours by myself until my supervisor sent her to my area. We started with our usual "shtick", until I decided to ask her something.

I had been wondering for a while why so many of my co-workers hated this girl and why she had so many "beefs" in the work place when she's been nothing by very sweet to me since day one. It's weird because one of the co-workers I've become friendly with, not the one I asked to play cupid, whenever I have to work with this girl, he'll pull me to the side when I'm heading to the bathroom/lunch/break/etc. and say something like "don't let that bitch tell you what to do while she's in there with you!" with just pure rage and hatred in a face that's normally carefree and jovial every other time. Then there are other co-workers (both male and female) who will confide in me (because I'm a quiet dude, a lot of people like to vent to me and tell me how their feeling for some reason) how they don't like her. There was even an incident when I came to work and hardly any body was there. I asked one of the older workers where everybody was and he went into a vicious rant about her and only her. And the crazy thing about is, these same people pretend to be friendly with her. They ask her how her son is doing, how she's doing, etc. and make small talk when they don't even have to.

So, there we were just the two of us working, and I told her all of this, but I didn't mention any names, and asked her what she'd do to accumulate all of these beefs. We spent a long time going back and forth with her telling me to tell her who said what, and with me telling her that "this rage and hatred towards you wasn't born out of thin air" and that she must of done something to upset these people. She then kept saying to tell her who said what and she'd tell me what she did. I didn't tell her of course. Finally, she just gave up and told me the next time the message is relayed (I told her about the co-worker who says "don't let that bitch tell you what to do!" every time he sees us together, as he's the one who hates her the most) for me to tell them to come speak to her.

She went on break, but when she came back I decided to ask her about a different beef; one concerning the friend I asked to play cupid for me.

Up until Christmas, this friend (let's just call him Cupid), was cool with the girl squad. He actually did a lot of extra work for them, that he didn't have to do, that made their work easier. Long story short, he had a falling out with them because one of them, the matriarch of the group, had a secret which was told to him in confidence, but he told other people and it got out. It's not important what the secret was, just that they have been giving him the silent treatment ever since.

She comes back from break and I ask her why she and girl squad is giving Cupid the silent treatment. I know the reason why, but I'm just pretending like he didn't tell me. She played dumb as first, but I mention to her that I'm very perceptive and noticed how things changed between them. She finally tells me that he "ran his mouth, telling other people's business." She also mention that he's been telling people my business as well. I immediately knew that this "business" had to be asking Cupid to tell her I had a crush on her.

I kept asking her "what did he say!?". She was reluctant to tell me and wanted me to give up the names of the people who I said were talking about her behind her back, but eventually she told me that Cupid said "He said you liked me, which I don't know if is true or not.". My heart started beating really fast at this point and I just laughed nervously to myself. Before I could say anything, she said it was getting hot and she needed to get a bottle of water. That's when I decided to tell her flat out that I had a crush on her.

So she comes back with a bottle of water and starts working again. We don't say anything for a bit and that's when I start, with much stammering, that I told Cupid to tell her I had a crush on her. I could tell she was nervous when I was telling her this because messed up something she was working on and was at a loss for words. Right after I finished telling her, another co-worker came in and she started talking to him. He left briefly afterwards, and there was a long awkward silence before I started talking to her again about something else. We talked for a good three hours after that and continued with our usual "shtick".

At first, I thought maybe she just didn't feel the same way about me.

The next day comes around and of the four co-workers who were absent the previous day, only Cupid comes back. So I told him what happened and he couldn't believe it. I tell him about the mixed signals and he says "Ah', maybe she's just playing hard to get.". It's Monday and there's always a hellish workload on Mondays. A couple of hours pass and she (my crush) gets sent to my area again to help out. We start working, but I take my break almost as soon as she showed up because I was so nervous from our previous encounter.

When I came back from my break, Cupid had made himself scarce. We start talking for a bit and then she says, casually and completely unrelated to what we were talking about, "I'm glad I'm off for Valentine's Day next week.". Without thinking, I blurted out "Why? Do you have a date?". Now, the radio was playing, so I didn't catch all of what she said but from what I did definitely hear, she said "No. Something-something-something. Usually I just would treat myself, but if I had a boyfriend or even, you know, a crush, they would treat me.". She put heavy emphasis on "a crush" when she said this. I couldn't say anything afterwards because it really caught me off guard. My mind was just swirling for the rest of the day because I felt she was indirectly telling me it was OK to ask her out.

SO that's why I wanted to take her out on Valentine's Day and why I'm 99% certain she'll say yes if I ask her. It's not really MY idea that the day be Valentine's Day; it's her's.

Unless I'm somehow misreading her, this HAS to be her telling me it's clear to land my plane on the runway, right?

---

For the love that is all good stay the heck away from her and end all communication. This will only end in tears for everyone, you need to seriously work on yourself as echoed by others, please just take a step back for a bit.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
So I've started to try and learn how to draw since the big breakup, I've been massively depressed and wanted to try and at least get a hobby besides games that could also actually be a talent some day. Liking it so far even though I'm total garbage. I was thinking of places to go today to meet people (more specifically girls) since I'm in a small town there aren't many places. So I get all dressed up and cool to go to the coffee shop and just draw using my laptop as reference and of course I realize they closed an hour before I even headed out. I have a feeling meeting girls is going to be very difficult considering a huge lack of friends here, and the ones I do have are even more introverted than I am.

Anyone want to reassure me that once college starts things could be easier? I'm not going to be going in at the ripe young age of 18 and instead will be 23 (actually hell I'll be 24 I guess).

Anyway, coffee place tomorrow I suppose lol. Let's just hope people actually go there because if not that'll be a total letdown.

gaiages

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So I've started to try and learn how to draw since the big breakup, I've been massively depressed and wanted to try and at least get a hobby besides games that could also actually be a talent some day. Liking it so far even though I'm total garbage. I was thinking of places to go today to meet people (more specifically girls) since I'm in a small town there aren't many places. So I get all dressed up and cool to go to the coffee shop and just draw using my laptop as reference and of course I realize they closed an hour before I even headed out. I have a feeling meeting girls is going to be very difficult considering a huge lack of friends here, and the ones I do have are even more introverted than I am.

Anyone want to reassure me that once college starts things could be easier? I'm not going to be going in at the ripe young age of 18 and instead will be 23 (actually hell I'll be 24 I guess).

Anyway, coffee place tomorrow I suppose lol. Let's just hope people actually go there because if not that'll be a total letdown.

You'll be fine, and you'll be able to buy your classmates alcohol.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly lack of friends is not an issue when it comes to meeting girls in this age - just use an app like Tinder

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If he was writing about beef he'd probably get more varied responses, and we'd have some mouthwatering pictures.

And people would probably listen more to advice.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I don't understand Introvert's story. He says he has social anxiety but gets caught up in all of this workplace drama. Why?

Why would the mild manner coworker have an outburst like that over her, when Intro didn't mention her in a negative light at all, just that they're working together.

As for this girl and dating her. I'd wager the whole office knows you like her, she knows you're inexperienced and she's teasing you about it, in her own cruel way. Hence the strip club "invitations", that wasn't a serious invite, she just wanted to see your reaction. I'm not sure if she does like you, I'm leaning towards no. If she did, she wouldn't be trying to make you so uncomfortable all the time.
She must have picked up that you were flustered by her line of questioning and she continued, only getting more raunchy, asking if a woman has ever touched your penis. On the other hand she could like you but just not have an ounce of social awareness. Social awareness in the sense that she genuinely didn't realize that you were uncomfortable with all of that behavior or that its inappropriate for work.

If she does like you, don't get into a serious relationship with her. From all of this teasing and general workplace behavior, I don't get the impression she would make a good partner. When someone gives you a sneak peek of their personality, don't go and see the entire movie.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly lack of friends is not an issue when it comes to meeting girls in this age - just use an app like Tinder

Eh I haven't had much luck on Tinder yet. Had plenty of matches that went absolutely nowhere.

I'd say Tinder can be viable depending on location, and most girls that I see use it here are 30 minutes away at the main college, which probably means they don't even see me since their location settings are probably much less than 30 miles.

Either that or I'm way uglier than I think I am lol. I'm not the best looking guy for sure but not the worst.

OP
OP
Salamando

Salamando

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda missed that (and am loathe to go through his text-wall), what did it entail?
Relevant text below
She hugged me tightly enough from behind that I could feel her breasts against my back and she whispered in my ear "doesn't this feel nice?". Now, she's larger (not fat, tall/lanky) than me and has a few inches on me in height, while I'm a somewhat short/scrawny dude. I didn't do anything but freeze up and stop, not that I'd been able to get away if tried given our size differences. After she let me go, she immediately grabbed my arms, and wrapped them around her so that I was hugging her from behind. She then started "grinding"/"twerking" (we had the radio on) on me. I froze up again, but felt myself getting an erection and I think she felt it too. She stopped, let me go, and said slowly "It's OK, <insert my name here>..., It's OK, <insert my name here>...", while I stood there frozen just staring at the floor, as if she might of realized what she'd done, then said "I'm just messing with you." then she went on her lunch break.

gaiages

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Eh I haven't had much luck on Tinder yet. Had plenty of matches that went absolutely nowhere.

I'd say Tinder can be viable depending on location, and most girls that I see use it here are 30 minutes away at the main college, which probably means they don't even see me since their location settings are probably much less than 30 miles.

Either that or I'm way uglier than I think I am lol. I'm not the best looking guy for sure but not the worst.

Well when you're in college the choices will ramp up, obviously. I wouldn't equate small-town Tinder to college-town Tinder.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Well when you're in college the choices will ramp up, obviously. I wouldn't equate small-town Tinder to college-town Tinder.

Yeah that's what's keeping me going for now, the wait just sucks. At least by the time college starts I'll have made some pretty great gains from the gym. So there's that at least.

just another reason why living in small towns sucks

Yeah small town Tinder is way different from city Tinder. Like, way WAY different.