• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Funny thing is she still hasn't unmatched me yet. Just hasn't replied but it's been days, so I'm not expecting her to reply ever again and I'll unmatch her soon. She was pretty quick to answer my other messages.
Yeah it's called "parking". She's found someone else who she's keen on but doesn't wanna burn your bridge yet, so you're popped on hold while she sees if this other one pans out. If you don't unmatch her, expect her to message you in a few weeks/months.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's called "parking". She's found someone else who she's keen on but doesn't wanna burn your bridge yet, so you're popped on hold while she sees if this other one pans out. If you don't unmatch her, expect her to message you in a few weeks/months.

I feel like I'm in that situation right now, girl said she's interested but needs to "figure things out" Gotta love it. Really makes me want to take a break from the whole dating scene

May 21, 2019

I already unmatched. I'm tired of people playing around. I'd just like to find someone who's into me like I'm into them. Well with this person, I just would have liked to have gone on a date and see where it'd go (if anywhere). Oh well!

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Recommendations from people on their favourite condoms / brand?

I normally just buy what's on special but was burnt last time by a style I did not like at all.
I 100% recommend Skyn Elites (best feeling condom to be so far, almost feels like the condom isn't there) or Skyn Large (since they have a little more space on the tip).

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm in that situation right now, girl said she's interested but needs to "figure things out" Gotta love it. Really makes me want to take a break from the whole dating scene

If someone says that, just walk "Figuring things out means out" usually means kinda like you but not enough to really make any sort of effort.

It can't be stated enough dating only works if both people are making an equal effort. Enthusiasm and excuses = flakes

That goes for guys and girls

a916

Oct 25, 2017
If someone says that, just walk "Figuring things out means out" usually means kinda like you but not enough to really make any sort of effort.

Unfortunately I really haven't had any luck beyond that in a few years, I'm not really sure what to do to be honest. I'm well balanced, have a good career, take care of myself. Is getting professional pictures a bad idea? I don't want them to LOOK like studio/headshots/professional pictures, but I do want them to look almost candid and normal?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I really haven't had any luck beyond that in a few years, I'm not really sure what to do to be honest. I'm well balanced, have a good career, take care of myself. Is getting professional pictures a bad idea? I don't want them to LOOK like studio/headshots/professional pictures, but I do want them to look almost candid and normal?

It can be very hard when things just aren't clicking. Even if you're all put together often other people are not.

I think one headshot could work, but I've found women seem to respond more to outside travel pictures.

I'll say just from my own experiences and from talking to friends both male and female dating is extremely vacuous atm.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018

If you are really stuck on photos I'd recommend going to a few different paid group activities (Tours, Cooking Classes, local events ect) there may be a professional photographer there or there will likely be a skilled amateur who can take a good photo of you.

These things will also make you seem fun and interesting, which is a plus. Also don't be afraid to invest in a tripod and a wireless clicker if you aren't the most social. You can use that to take photos and pretend like someone else took it

a916

Oct 25, 2017
If you are really stuck on photos I'd recommend going to a few different paid group activities (Tours, Cooking Classes, local events ect) there may be a professional photographer there or there will likely be a skilled amateur who can take a good photo of you.

These things will also make you seem fun and interesting, which is a plus. Also don't be afraid to invest in a tripod and a wireless clicker if you aren't the most social. You can use that to take photos and pretend like someone else took it

I never thought about the latter haha... I actually do want to get into photography so that might be a good thing to look into.

I don't know if I should be stuck on photos, but I have heard, too often, that I look better in person. Which is code for, my pictures aren't showing my best side.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Getting good pictures sucks. I'm planning on making a fresh Tinder profile but am putting it off because I have to find (or take) some new pics that I haven't used before. Think I'll try the tripod trick to set up some fun looking situations lol

Edit: Or green screen to put myself in some totally rad locations.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm done.....I'm worn out. It feels like over the past 4 months I've taken every single L you could possibly get from the dating world and after my date cancelled today a couple of hours before we where to meet I think something just broke in me.I mean I've still got matches who I still talk to everyday but fuck this rollercoaster of emotional investment gets tiring to the point where now I can't even muster the strength to even flirt. Plus after 4 months and spending enough money on dates to finance a small trip to Italy or Spain , I feel like I essentially wasted the last four months of my life.

Sigh.....don't mind me folks just venting . Truth be told I don't really blame any of the girls. Most times I just feel like my personality type is incompatible with online dating and people in general. Maybe being a nerdy black guy is just the equivalent of playing any dating field on hard mode. Hell I think because I just got out of a longish relationship, my expectations still haven't adjusted to the harsh realities of trying to find someone again.

Either way, I salute anyone who's on this Hustle for 365 days every year because I would honestly become depressed after 6-7 months.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Or green screen to put myself in some totally rad locations.

map.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

images

You could be a weatherman or in the tv static. This would be a pretty cool picture actually.

Little%20harbor%20Unicorn.JPG

Or this picture of a beach with a unicorn, but you need to keep the unicorn trainer in it. Make it so you're really small next to the unicorn; like only come up to the unicorn's leg.

1-130-800x508.jpg

Become a solitaire deck and make your picture have this effect as well.

Last edited:

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling, sexism, and long history of infractions
How do people deal with anxiety? Specifically keeping your mind off someone (other than the obvious of meeting other people?)

What's up with that? I've had girls I've chatted with and out of no where, they unmatch if I suggest going for a coffee? We're on a dating website after all?

Because girls get like 700 messages a day on various apps and texts
She probably getting fucked right now

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm done.....I'm worn out. It feels like over the past 4 months I've taken every single L you could possibly get from the dating world and after my date cancelled today a couple of hours before we where to meet I think something just broke in me.I mean I've still got matches who I still talk to everyday but fuck this rollercoaster of emotional investment gets tiring to the point where now I can't even muster the strength to even flirt. Plus after 4 months and spending enough money on dates to finance a small trip to Italy or Spain , I feel like I essentially wasted the last four months of my life.

Sigh.....don't mind me folks just venting . Truth be told I don't really blame any of the girls. Most times I just feel like my personality type is incompatible with online dating and people in general. Maybe being a nerdy black guy is just the equivalent of playing any dating field on hard mode. Hell I think because I just got out of a longish relationship, my expectations still haven't adjusted to the harsh realities of trying to find someone again.

Either way, I salute anyone who's on this Hustle for 365 days every year because I would honestly become depressed after 6-7 months.

I'm not even especially nerdy but I am introverted (not socially awkward, just quiet) and I feel like I'm playing on hard, so I can only imagine how you feel.

My only advice is don't blow your budget by going for extravagant first dates/meetups. You don't owe that to a stranger who most likely isn't even particularly invested. Coffee dates will suffice.

Dec 3, 2017
North Dakota
I've seen a couple things about pictures, so I'll give a little bit of advice: remember your angles. When I was still on dating apps, a LOT of guys it seems take selfies either a) from below (holding your camera lower than your face, mostly at like boob height or lower) or b) in a mirror. Neither of these are your best angles and probably make you look less attractive than you actually are. Try taking selfies from at least eye height, or higher. If you do get a tripod/stand, when you're taking pictures with it, make sure it's elevated from you if at all possible, so it's higher up than you are, and looking down on you when you take the picture with it. Again, taking a picture with the camera being lower than you will not give great angles (especially if you're a little chubby (like me), this is just begging for extra chins in pics, lol).

And yeah, a harsh reality of dating apps is that there are a TON more guys on them than there are girls. So you're going to have to expect a competition, unfortunately. But honestly, just be yourself and don't try to use cheesy lines or try to be someone you're not, and you'll get much farther. Also! When you're going on dates and you are going to insist on paying for everything, a low-key first date - like coffee or a beer - is probably better on your wallet when you're just starting to suss out if you're actually physically into each other (EDIT: haha, Doober beat me too this). Don't try to do extravagant dinners/dates every first date. Honestly, you shouldn't start doing more extravagant dates until you actually know that you're into each other and maybe want to commit to exclusively dating each other.

Anyway, you can take or leave this, but I used dating apps for about a year (started out as just looking exclusively for casual relationships, but my now-husband ended up changing my mind on that, lol) - and actually got married to someone I met on Tinder.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Yeeeea don't do this, unless you make it obvious that it's a joke
Haha yeah I was only joking. One obviously fake picture might be fun though.

map.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

images

You could be a weatherman or in the tv static. This would be a pretty cool picture actually.

Little%20harbor%20Unicorn.JPG

Or this picture of a beach with a unicorn, but you need to keep the unicorn trainer in it. Make it so you're really small next to the unicorn; like only come up to the unicorn's leg.

1-130-800x508.jpg

Become a solitaire deck and make your picture have this effect as well.
Just casually incliude a picture of myself in as a weatherman lol.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
My GF and I are going through a rough patch sexually. We're a bit over two months into the relationship and the sex has been fucking great all around, at least until very recently. Rarely a day went by where we hadnt had sex and rarer still were days when we didnt have sex at least two or three times. But in the past week I've had troubles staying hard, and we seem to want sex at inconvenient times for the other. She's taking it a lot harder than I am, which compounds the problem because it appears to her that I don't care about her and makes her feel more unattractive. In my head, I feel like, while it sucks, it's just a momentary negative trend in the (hopefully) long arc of our sexual history, but she's becoming almost inconsolable about it.

This morning we tried having sex and I was doing fine but there was a pain we both felt which discouraged me, and when we switched positions she pretty quickly become despondent and said "you're just gonna get soft", which really turns me off. I didn't want to get into it and make it worse so I just said "it's okay" and left to take a shower. We got in an argument about it after because I just left her there while she was still good to go and because I wasn't, I left, and it made her feel like I was only caring about myself in the moment. Can't argue with that interpretation, but it really wasn't what I was feeling.

I just feel horrible about it right now. Maybe I can should start looking at some supplemental help.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
My GF and I are going through a rough patch sexually. We're a bit over two months into the relationship and the sex has been fucking great all around, at least until very recently. Rarely a day went by where we hadnt had sex and rarer still were days when we didnt have sex at least two or three times. But in the past week I've had troubles staying hard, and we seem to want sex at inconvenient times for the other. She's taking it a lot harder than I am, which compounds the problem because it appears to her that I don't care about her and makes her feel more unattractive. In my head, I feel like, while it sucks, it's just a momentary negative trend in the (hopefully) long arc of our sexual history, but she's becoming almost inconsolable about it.

This morning we tried having sex and I was doing fine but there was a pain we both felt which discouraged me, and when we switched positions she pretty quickly become despondent and said "you're just gonna get soft", which really turns me off. I didn't want to get into it and make it worse so I just said "it's okay" and left to take a shower. We got in an argument about it after because I just left her there while she was still good to go and because I wasn't, I left, and it made her feel like I was only caring about myself in the moment. Can't argue with that interpretation, but it really wasn't what I was feeling.

I just feel horrible about it right now. Maybe I can should start looking at some supplemental help.

This is just personal experience talking, but it sounds like you might just be getting burnt out on sex. Doing it 2-3 times a day for months on end isn't sustainable over the lifetime of a relationship unless you're both unemployed and/or utterly addicted to sex. You may have just hit the burnout faster than she did, and the pressure to "keep up" is on, which is a total mood killer.

My ex-wife and I had regular sex for several months while we were dating - sometimes three or four times a day - but she still took it hard the first day we didn't have sex at all. Like it was a personal affront to her that I was having an off day and just didn't feel it for once.

I don't remember how we reconciled that but the memory of how it affected her still sticks with me.

I think sex addiction is super fucking common in society and I think people try to excuse it as, "oh I just have a high drive/needs," like it's a badge of honor and not a sign of a problem. Plus it doesn't help that society puts so much pressure on us to have as much sex as possible from practically the day we spring our first pube.

Maybe leaving to take a shower wasn't the best move you could have made, but then again neither was her remark about you getting soft. It was unnecessary, unlikely to help, and was probably made to simultaneously emasculate you and protect her own ego. And that's shitty.

It's time to talk about expectations regarding sex and whether or not your baseline drives are compatible. If she feels like she needs it 2-3 times a day in perpetuity and you don't then sex is gonna become a chore for you, which is gonna make it a lot harder to do and do well.

Last edited:

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018

Congratulations, you're now ready for the real game to begin. (If you've ever questioned some of the responses or actions of the people you've matched with, now you know. There's a certain distance and guarding of emotions that as to happen, and unfortunately you need to kinda hit emotional rock bottom with it before you say fuck it, I'm going to approach this way less seriously from now on. Ironically when that happens you'll see a lot more success.)
said "you're just gonna get soft", which really turns me off.
Sorry dude but she doesn't sound like a very compassionate person. I know it's only 2 months in but yeah... you don't go around asking her why she's so "dry" when she's having a off day do you?

Nov 17, 2017

When you first start having sex with someone you usually have way more sex than you would normally. It's natural for it to slow down a bit. No need to make it a bigger deal than it is. You said you had sex multiple times a day, everyday? That's a lot of sex. How much did the rate of sex slow down from that? I think it may be too early to see this as a huge problem.

I think your girlfriend needs to understand that sometimes erections can just be a mental thing. It's not always because of her, sometimes that shit just happens cause we aren't machines that get hard at the flip of a switch. Saying "you're just gonna get soft" certainly won't fucking help. I can't say I understand her interpretation as you do. She says something discouraging to the effect of "you can't do it anyway so don't bother" and is surprised when you aren't in the mood anymore? Not sure how she communicated she was still good to go at all. You should be the one upset, not her.

Have you had consistent issues with getting an erection in the past? If not, I don't think you need to jump to the conclusion you need medication for it. The important thing is not to psyche yourself out about it which of course is difficult when your partner isn't supportive or understanding at all about it. You definitely need to talk about that and how what she said made you feel. Erection problems of this type get worse when you get caught in the negative thought loop of "will it work this time?" You need to address the pressure of you needing to be ready for sex at all times.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This is just personal experience talking, but it sounds like you might just be getting burnt out on sex. Doing it 2-3 times a day for months on end isn't sustainable over the lifetime of a relationship unless you're both unemployed and/or utterly addicted to sex. You may have just hit the burnout faster than she did, and the pressure to "keep up" is on, which is a total mood killer.

My ex-wife and I had regular sex for several months while we were dating - sometimes three or four times a day - but she still took it hard the first day we didn't have sex at all. Like it was a personal affront to her that I was having an off day and just didn't feel it for once.

I don't remember how we reconciled that but the memory of how it affected her still sticks with me.

I think sex addiction is super fucking common in society and I think people try to excuse it as, "oh I just have a high drive/needs," like it's a badge of honor and not a sign of a problem. Plus it doesn't help that society puts so much pressure on us to have as much sex as possible from practically the day we spring our first pube.

Maybe leaving to take a shower wasn't the best move you could have made, but then again neither was her remark about you getting soft. It was unnecessary, unlikely to help, and was probably made to simultaneously emasculate you and protect her own ego.

It's time to talk about expectations regarding sex and whether or not your baseline drives are compatible. If she feels like she needs it 2-3 times a day in perpetuity and you don't then sex is gonna become a chore for you, which is gonna make it a lot harder to do and do well.
Yeah, we've had that talk a couple times in the past week but the problem is we still get horny pretty easily with each other, despite her worry that I'm somehow not attracted to her anymore. I don't have a problem getting an erection but keeping it up to the standard that we seemed to have set so high in our first couple months throws me off. I've made a few mistakes too when we're having sex which can always be helped. We both get frustrated pretty easily when things dont go right and take it personally, but we acknowledge that, it just hit a nadir last night/this morning.

Sorry dude but she doesn't sound like a very compassionate person. I know it's only 2 months in but yeah... you don't go around asking her why she's so "dry" when she's having a off day do you?
It's just frustration borne out of the moment. Still, I do think it's not exactly helping by saying something like that, but I understand why she's frustrated, because I also am.

When you first start having sex with someone you usually have way more sex than you would normally. It's natural for it to slow down a bit. No need to make it a bigger deal than it is. You said you had sex multiple times a day, everyday? That's a lot of sex. How much did the rate of sex slow down from that? I think it may be too early to see this as a huge problem.

I think your girlfriend needs to understand that sometimes erections can just be a mental thing. It's not always because of her, sometimes that shit just happens cause we aren't machines that get hard at the flip of a switch. Saying "you're just gonna get soft" certainly won't fucking help. I can't say I understand her interpretation as you do. She says something discouraging to the effect of "you can't do it anyway so don't bother" and is surprised when you aren't in the mood anymore? Not sure how she communicated she was still good to go at all. You should be the one upset, not her.

Have you had consistent issues with getting an erection in the past? If not, I don't think you need to jump to the conclusion you need medication for it. The important thing is not to psyche yourself out about it which of course is difficult when your partner isn't supportive or understanding at all about it. You definitely need to talk about that and how what she said made you feel. Erection problems of this type get worse when you get caught in the negative thought loop of "will it work this time?" You need to address the pressure of you needing to be ready for sex at all times.
Like I said, getting an erection isn't a problem, it's just once its started there's this pressure to keep at that level we've been in for the past couple months. Thank you for this. I'm gonna think on it for a bit and talk to her about it once I have my thoughts straight.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Need advice, the person I'm dating has long nails. I hate it when she touches Me I hate how they feel on my skin to the point I lose all interest in sex and I get the heebie geebies.
Can I ask her to cut them? We been seeing eachother for a few weeks now

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Need advice, the person I'm dating has long nails. I hate it when she touches Me I hate how they feel on my skin to the point I lose all interest in sex and I get the heebie geebies.
Can I ask her to cut them? We been seeing eachother for a few weeks now
You definitely can but people don't like being told to change so it will probably not go well. It sounds like they repulse you though so you kind of have to let her know

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
You definitely can but people don't like being told to change so it will probably not go well. It sounds like they repulse you though so you kind of have to let her know
It's not that they repulse me and I don't mind the look of long nails it's when it touches my skin. It's like nails on a chalk board to me

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't posted in a while, which should maybe indicate how well things are going. Some previous posts: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Well, it's already been a month. We're both in love. We have yet to have a fight or even a real argument. We don't agree on everything but just talk things out.

I've spent the last five weekends at her place, she's starting to spend more and more weekdays at my place (four this week), which makes sense because work commute is shorter from my place.

I had a bit of a fear early on that she's a bit too prude for me, but I guess it was just a lack of trust, as she's been engaging sexual contact more and more, which is really nice. Sex wasn't great early on but it's improving.

Last edited:

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Haven't posted in a while, which should maybe indicate how well things are going. Some previous posts: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Well, it's already been in month. We're both in love. We have yet to have a fight or even a real argument. We don't agree on everything but just talk things out.

I've spent the last five weekends at her place, she's starting to spend more and more weekdays at my place (four this week), which makes sense because work commute is shorter from my place.

I had a bit of a fear early on that she's a bit too prude for me, but I guess it was just a lack of trust, as she's been engaging sexual contact more and more, which is really nice. Sex wasn't great early on but it's improving.

Good to know, hope it keeps up!

Nov 17, 2017
So a very weird set of circumstances happened to me in the past few days. I ended up hanging out with two old high school crushes one day after the other and it just kind of happened?

The first girl and I have had a pretty sparse relationship as friends. Like the kind where you comment on their social media posts and have a brief conversation once every couple of years and actually hang out even less frequently. When I had a crush on her in high school, I was too shy to ask her out and a friend beat me to it - they ended up dating through high school and beyond to some point when they broke up. Either way, at that point I had already accepted things and saw her as a friend that I see very rarely. The last time we hung out was a year ago and we were both in relationships at the time but it was just nice to catch up with an old friend as I lost touch with pretty much everyone from high school. Well, this weekend we hung out again and I had basically the same expectation but she surprised me by saying she broke up with her boyfriend. So now with that in mind and just our interactions during the hang out, I guess my old crush kind of got dug up - well I guess it never went away - and I'm wondering what to do with that. I think maybe I'll just keep hanging out with her as a friend and if something happens it will happen.

The second girl, I literally just ran into on the street after years of not seeing or talking to each other. We had the usual "how have you beens" and went on our way so I didn't think anything of it until she message me on social media later that day. We chatted briefly and I asked her out to lunch. So we did that and it was nice. I think I might ask her out again? I don't really consider the lunch we had to be a date but this also has me thinking, maybe I'll see if something's there?

My general thought of old crushes is "it was a silly infatuation you had with someone when you were a kid and it's silly to think anything of it now" but also it feels so weird seeing them now so close to each other and I wonder if it's silly of me to even think of trying to see if there's something there with them?

Like I said, getting an erection isn't a problem, it's just once its started there's this pressure to keep at that level we've been in for the past couple months. Thank you for this. I'm gonna think on it for a bit and talk to her about it once I have my thoughts straight.
I missed this before but I will just say the problems that keep you from getting an erection and the problems that make you lose an erection usually are the same. Not a doctor but it sounds like performance anxiety to me since you say yourself you feel pressured to perform at a certain level. I think less emphasis on penetration during sex and having amazing sex every time will help. Like, you will lost your erection sometimes. That's fine. It doesn't mean you can't get it again. You aren't a porn star after all. Hope your talk goes well, if you haven't done it already.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
So, I'm jumping the gun a little bit here, but I'm going on a 3rd date with a woman tomorrow after work, at least I hope so, we have plans but also don't talk every day or anything.

On the other hand, Valentine's is coming up pretty soon, and I'm liking this one enough to consider asking her out for a potential 4th date (or more if we end up meeting more in between). I've never been on a Valentine's date with a non-girlfriend though. What kind of gift, if any, is appropriate in my situation? Flowers seems like the standard choice, but is it? If so, how many? 1 seems too little, and 10 is probably too much xD Especially if the meaning of the number is taken into consideration.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm jumping the gun a little bit here, but I'm going on a 3rd date with a woman tomorrow after work, at least I hope so, we have plans but also don't talk every day or anything.

On the other hand, Valentine's is coming up pretty soon, and I'm liking this one enough to consider asking her out for a potential 4th date (or more if we end up meeting more in between). I've never been on a Valentine's date with a non-girlfriend though. What kind of gift, if any, is appropriate in my situation? Flowers seems like the standard choice, but is it? If so, how many? 1 seems too little, and 10 is probably too much xD Especially if the meaning of the number is taken into consideration.

I'd be curious to know the answer to that too. I always thought 1 rose for someone you just started dating is nice, along with a date idea. It's not overly crazy but it's a nice small gesture too.

Oct 26, 2017
Went on my first date in close to 3 years a couple days ago, My ex and I dated for around 2 and a half years so it's weird to be back (Breakup was fine, no bad blood between us)

Date was fine, I think we honestly talked too much via text in the week leading up to it. I usually like to go on the actual date relatively soon after asking but she was busy. No second date but oh well at least it was something.

Tinder continues to be the only app/platform that works for me though. I've probably had over 100+ likes/50+ matches on Tinder while on something like Bumble I've gotten.....13 likes overall and 2 matches. And sure, not every match is responding on tinder or ends up with a date... but at least it's something compared to Bumble. I have a few friends who swear by bumble but it just doesn't work. Trying Hinge as well but eh it seems fine, being on more than 2 apps seems like a bit much.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018

One to a couple of roses (or her favorite flower or something in her favorite color) and take her out for a nice-ish sit-down dinner. I'd be more concerned with overdoing it than under-doing it at this stage.

My general thought of old crushes is "it was a silly infatuation you had with someone when you were a kid and it's silly to think anything of it now" but also it feels so weird seeing them now so close to each other and I wonder if it's silly of me to even think of trying to see if there's something there with them?

Is one of these girls the crush you mentioned meeting for drinks a while back? No real relevance, just trying to make sure I follow.

Regardless, I don't think you're being silly at all. You see stories like this fairly frequently where people knew each other in school or work, drifted apart, and then reconnected later on and formed a relationship. If you're still interested in either of them romantically on some level I don't think it's unreasonable to explore it and see where it goes.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
So a very weird set of circumstances happened to me in the past few days. I ended up hanging out with two old high school crushes one day after the other and it just kind of happened?

The first girl and I have had a pretty sparse relationship as friends. Like the kind where you comment on their social media posts and have a brief conversation once every couple of years and actually hang out even less frequently. When I had a crush on her in high school, I was too shy to ask her out and a friend beat me to it - they ended up dating through high school and beyond to some point when they broke up. Either way, at that point I had already accepted things and saw her as a friend that I see very rarely. The last time we hung out was a year ago and we were both in relationships at the time but it was just nice to catch up with an old friend as I lost touch with pretty much everyone from high school. Well, this weekend we hung out again and I had basically the same expectation but she surprised me by saying she broke up with her boyfriend. So now with that in mind and just our interactions during the hang out, I guess my old crush kind of got dug up - well I guess it never went away - and I'm wondering what to do with that. I think maybe I'll just keep hanging out with her as a friend and if something happens it will happen.

The second girl, I literally just ran into on the street after years of not seeing or talking to each other. We had the usual "how have you beens" and went on our way so I didn't think anything of it until she message me on social media later that day. We chatted briefly and I asked her out to lunch. So we did that and it was nice. I think I might ask her out again? I don't really consider the lunch we had to be a date but this also has me thinking, maybe I'll see if something's there?

I missed this before but I will just say the problems that keep you from getting an erection and the problems that make you lose an erection usually are the same. Not a doctor but it sounds like performance anxiety to me since you say yourself you feel pressured to perform at a certain level. I think less emphasis on penetration during sex and having amazing sex every time will help. Like, you will lost your erection sometimes. That's fine. It doesn't mean you can't get it again. You aren't a porn star after all. Hope your talk goes well, if you haven't done it already.
What was the context of #1 telling you about the breakup? If she just volunteered that info, depending on the context, she could be letting you know she's available. No harm in trying out compatibility with #2 either in the meantime.

Fun thing about teenage crushes. None of them are calculated in any way, but that shit in your formative years sometimes sticks to you haha.

Nov 17, 2017
One to a couple of roses (or her favorite flower or something in her favorite color) and take her out for a nice-ish sit-down dinner. I'd be more concerned with overdoing it than under-doing it at this stage.

Is one of these girls the crush you mentioned meeting for drinks a while back? No real relevance, just trying to make sure I follow.

Regardless, I don't think you're being silly at all. You see stories like this fairly frequently where people knew each other in school or work, drifted apart, and then reconnected later on and formed a relationship. If you're still interested in either of them romantically on some level I don't think it's unreasonable to explore it and see where it goes.
Nope, they arent anyone I've mentioned here before. And that's good to hear, I think I internalized a mentality with old crushes of them being in the past and me needing to move past that. I guess as a way to not be stuck on a person for too long but it's not as if I've been thinking about them like that all this time.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
What's the verdict on asking someone to be "official" on Valentine's? Been seeing this girl for the last month, and its been going fucking amazing, everything is reciprocated, we spend tons of time with each other, met her friends, and honestly at this point, its like we may as well already be. She already knows ill be taking her out for dinner that night too and was ecstatic when I asked her.

Just wondering about others thoughts on if this would be a faux pas and maybe get it out of the way before or plan to do it then? Can't say I've started seeing someone ive considered being serious with right at the beginning of the year before...

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
What's the verdict on asking someone to be "official" on Valentine's? Been seeing this girl for the last month, and its been going fucking amazing, everything is reciprocated, we spend tons of time with each other, met her friends, and honestly at this point, its like we may as well already be. She already knows ill be taking her out for dinner that night too and was ecstatic when I asked her.

Just wondering about others thoughts on if this would be a faux pas and maybe get it out of the way before or plan to do it then? Can't say I've started seeing someone ive considered being serious with right at the beginning of the year before...
Nothing wrong with it. Sounds like you could ask her any day at this point, so up to you lol.

Nov 17, 2017
What was the context of #1 telling you about the breakup? If she just volunteered that info, depending on the context, she could be letting you know she's available. No harm in trying out compatibility with #2 either in the meantime.

Fun thing about teenage crushes. None of them are calculated in any way, but that shit in your formative years sometimes sticks to you haha.
Well, I asked her how she had been so it just happened to be a recent development for her. I don't think she would've been communicating that because I hadn't told her at that point that I was single lol

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it feels that way, but I dunno, thought it'd be a nice move to do it then considering it's just a few weeks away lol.
I guess just weigh the value of the surprise against how secure she'd feel if you told her sooner lol
Well, I asked her how she had been so it just happened to be a recent development for her. I don't think she would've been communicating that because I hadn't told her at that point that I was single lol
Could go either way, but you've had consistently good judgment so go with your brain on this one 👍

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My friend and his wife's friend tagged along with them to our Super Bowl party, she ended up bringing cheese dip that turned into a competition with mine, had some fun with it, she was pretty cool blah blah blah talked a bit. After the party I messaged her about which one of us won, we laughed about and the convo just died with a sounds good from her with nothing else to talk about. Kinda bummed because she seems cool.

Edit: Another topic... Does anyone ever feel embarrassed about their situation? Like normally when we say out of our league, we're referring to looks. But with this chick, she's a physical therapist who goes on 4 week europe vacations (which sounds awesome, I'm not judging her) and I'm living at home, picking myself up after basing everything on my last long relationship and when it got canned, I've been kinda figuring myself out since. I'm schooling to get a better job then move out. Anyway my point is, this girl feels WAY out of my league lol.

Last edited: