• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
6 foot 5 here, short women are my preference really. Dunno how I'd react to meeting one as tall as me. :P

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I like ladies short or as Greek goddesses, no matter to me. Hold me like the blue Avatar held Jake Sully.

Deleted member 34239

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
Today I learned the Netherlands have the tallest average male height of any country at 6'0.3".

Today I also learned ResetEra has the tallest average male height of any Internet forum at 6'10.370328".
Yup, honestly it's hard to take this forum seriously sometimes. The amount of "my uncle works at Nintendo" kind of rubbish you read on here is truly hilarious.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Sexism
my ex was shorter but I cant bring myself to date a girl taller than me (im 6 1) its just "unnatural".
to me

EDIt: im aware its sexist ... but i simply cant .... its too weird.

Last edited:

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Last year, I had a good run of dating several tall woman 5-11 and on up. It's the long legs that get me. The shortest I've dated was 5-3. But on average they've been around 5-5 to 5-7. Nowadays I can't see myself with a shorty untrimmed lemon tree. For reference I'm 5-10.

G Status Ray

Oct 31, 2017
I'm 6'7" and my wife is 4'11". We don't even notice our height difference most of the time to be honest. People sure do love pointing it out though!

excowboy

Oct 29, 2017
My wife is about a foot shorter than me. She is the most incredible person I've ever met and has made me a happier, better person for over a decade. But you have a point OP, maybe I should call it off...!!!

It's fair enough if you have a hang up about it, but don't miss out on a good thing!

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Every time a woman asks me about my height on a dating app, I say "why does it matter". The responses I get is "because I like to wear my heels". I just don't get it. Ok, wear your heels. There are times were I'll get a match and the first thing someone will ask right out of the gate is asking me about my height. It's like that one number will make be a deciding factor. I've gone out with taller and shorter women and didn't even think about the height. If you're I find someone attractive, it has nothing to do with their height.

This is why I've been exclusively dating woman that are 45+. It's crazy how rude some women my age and younger can be on these apps. Older women just don't care.

Yeah folks saying it isn't a big deal puzzle me. Where I'm at (south Texas) it's a huge deal for a lot of women, even the ones that are just shy of dwarfism. And it's not just about being taller than her, it's gotta be 6' or higher.

Of course guys don't give a shit about dating shorter. That's the social "norm."

Deleted member 6511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife is 5' 3" , I am 6' 3".
Never thought we look weird. Nobody ever told us. And, of course, I never care.
Our kids are in the higher side for their ages.
Absolutely not important.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah folks saying it isn't a big deal puzzle me. Where I'm at (south Texas) it's a huge deal for a lot of women, even the ones that are just shy of dwarfism. And it's not just about being taller than her, it's gotta be 6' or higher.

Of course guys don't give a shit about dating shorter. That's the social "norm."

It's absolutely a "hangup". Like if you don't meet this arbitrary cutoff they're not going to talk to you. And it's not for any real practical reason. What's most hilarious is the 4'11 women demanding a 6' guy.

itsgreen

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That is a horrible height dif.. oh wait no, it doesn't matter in the slightest, is she cute and nice?

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Most of the women I know prefer when the guy is much taller them, your Mom is wrong. Kinda thought this thread was about the opposite, I once went out with a girl much taller than me in high school, it was an definitely an interesting experience, she was about half a foot taller than me, don't remember why we stopped hanging out.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm 6'2. From age 17 - 24 my longer-term relationships (more than a couple dates) were all 5'2" or shorter. One was 4'10". Meh, nobody cared. I end up marrying my wife who is 5'9" though, funny enough.

First thing my mom said when she met her was, "wow, you really are tall!"

Lol oh mom

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Sorry to hijack the thread but wasn't there a dating advice OT at one point? I have a question that I definitely wouldn't want to make a whole post out of.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018

It's a "big"/normal sized deal but it's not the end of the world. I'm between 5'6'' and 5'7''. I've never had too much trouble getting either dates/relationships or hookups. Not going to lie and say it wouldn't be easier if I was taller but again, it's not like I'm doomed to be alone forever because I don't meet society's requirements.

Disclaimer: I rarely date white girls and don't live in the South.

pennanton

Oct 31, 2017
I'm 6'5 so it's always going to be like that so I don't even think about it. Current gf is like 5'2 so as long as we like each other and get along it's all that matters.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My husband is about a foot taller than me. Was kinda weird at first, but now it's nothing. You'll get over it.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 6'3 and I dated a woman for three years who was 4'10. If it works, it works. I've never really found height to be an issue on either side.

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what to tell you OP, it's a non-issue for pretty much everyone. I've seen so many short women on dating apps specify their own preference of 6 foot +.
The only social stigma is tall chick with shorter dude.