• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Missing squaresoft, but other than that solid list! Never doubted for a second snes games were coming eventually

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The fact that the SNES games already have descriptions (and that some of them are already translated to English, like Super Mario World) gives me hope that we will see these soon.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
This lineup is fantastic! Panel De Pon is the only real one that's missing next to Castlevania so I can't think of any major Nintendo franchise that was left out of this launch lineup. Much better than the NES starting lineup. Gameboy next please

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing that list just makes me appreciate Virtual Console. Yeah, I have no interest in the online service until GameCube, whenever that is. It may never happen, and instead we'll see remasters instead. I've also prepared my heart for no GameCube games. This might sound like sarcasm, however its not, but I hope you subscribers enjoy the list of games tied to the service. It's a solid list, and maybe more will come for both libraries with time.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
One or two games per month so it takes the entire console's lifetime to build up a great library and then we get to do it again for a fourth time on the successor to the Switch. It's like Nintendo built this specifically to just keep us paying for this stuff forever.

Oct 25, 2017
It's frustrating how slow these release, we should have dozens of NES, SNES, Gameboy, GB color and GBA games available already, can't get excited for Pilotwings in October 2019

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
SE didn't release any SNES VC games for 3DS or Wii U, so they probably aren't coming back.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Notice how there's no Super Castlevania IV listed?

Castlevania 1-2-3-4 Collection for Switch confirmed!

For $40

:runs:

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll putting your hypes too high.

The other systems are probably the Genesis and TurboGrafx-16 . Again.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Nothing there says its the full lineup for this year why are people acting like it is

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
This is worth noting too, there's a possibility for support for other systems coming later

Speculating, these two make the most sense:
Game Boy - Nintendo Switch Online, which would contain Game Boy, Color, and Advance games.
Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online

GameCube, Wii, and DS/3DS games are candidates for HD stand-alone releases a la The World Ends with You Final Remix.
guys, they're never gonna give away earthbound or earthbound beginnings when they're planning on doing a mother collection for switch
Right. Okay. Keep the dream alive, I guess.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Game Boy - Nintendo Switch Online, which would contain Game Boy, Color, and Advance games.
I personally think they would separate GB/GBC and GBA, and that the two mystery emulators are for those two. I could see them just giving us all of the sprite-based systems for 2019, and making us wait even longer for the N64.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'd sub to the service for those.

F-zero, Pilotwings, Contra 3, Demons Crest, Super Punchout...oh hell yes.

Stunt Racer FX is so random. That's like Faceball 2000 tier.

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting the two unknown emulators to be Game Boy/Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance. I'm also glad that it seems like NERD will be making new emulators for those systems, since the ones used on the 3DS and Wii U weren't that great.

People don't like the GBA Wii U emulator? I thought it worked pretty well. M2 usually does a good job.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Contra 3 online actually sounds pretty fun.

Nice to see another oft neglected game finally get a re-release (Even if it is Stunt Race FX...)

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
22 games, so starting next month we get two per month. Not bad. I'm sticking to my SNES Mini though as I don't play online.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
People don't like the GBA Wii U emulator? I thought it worked pretty well. M2 usually does a good job.
Both the GB and the GBA emulators, despite being made by different teams, both have the same problem: the screen is too dark, even when compared to an original non-backlit GBA. Besides that, M2 did a good job I guess (as expected from them), I was more directing that towards the GB/GBC emulator for the 3DS.

Oct 25, 2017
If Nintendo does this, I can safely say the subscription price is justified. Not like it matters... I already have a subscription. Ha ha.

This would just be icing on the cake! 😄

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Lol, GameCube??? Really??? Come on. Nintendo doesn't work like that. They like to to drip feed the content, son!

On topic, I'd love to see them add Snes game soon.
They are still working through NES games atm, I'm not sure if it is realistic to expect Gamecube games.

Hahaa yeah... my bad. I misunderstood. I really do want Gamecube and GBA though. They are both gold mines. Actually DS is too

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
One or two games per month so it takes the entire console's lifetime to build up a great library and then we get to do it again for a fourth time on the successor to the Switch. It's like Nintendo built this specifically to just keep us paying for this stuff forever.
One or two games for the Switch's lifespan will not make a great library lol. That's 24 games a year, max. No way they release that few every month this year.

Also, I need Contra 3 to have online!