• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
https://www.abc15.com/news/local-ne...ement-official-tracked-for-integrity-concerns
For the first time ever, ABC15 has published a searchable database of all Arizona law enforcement officials tracked by prosecutors for credibility concerns, including past crimes, lying on the job, and other integrity issues.
The unprecedented database of the state's "Brady lists" contains 1,400 law enforcement officials.

Through a series of public record requests, ABC15 spent nearly a year requesting and organizing Brady lists from every county in the state. County attorneys maintain the lists in response to the 1963 U.S. Supreme Court case, Brady v. Maryland.
So basically a corrupted officer list. Does your state have something like this? I for one welcome this maybe police office will think twice before committing crimes and or lying on the job.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I misread that title and thought it was saying every LE official in Arizona was being tracked for 'integrity' concerns.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
and this is only the ones on record for shit, which I imagine is not the case for most bad cops given that the police records are inherently controlled by the police and so most incidents are probably ignored or scrubbed on the record unless they're forced to by stuff like video evidence

Oct 25, 2017
The brady list is one of the few effective ways I've personally seen keep bad cops fired. It may not prevent them from moving jurisdictions but it really helps the terminating agency uphold the firing.

They should be state mandated and open to the public like the sex offender registry.

/Former prosecutor and current lawyer who at times works in these areas.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
The brady list is one of the few effective ways I've personally seen keep bad cops fired. It may not prevent them from moving jurisdictions but it really helps the terminating agency uphold the firing.

They should be state mandated and open to the public like the sex offender registry.

/Former prosecutor and current lawyer who at times works in these areas.
Great idea. We've gotta keep advocating for this and tell their terrorist organization union to fuck off.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe think about why there has to be a liste like this?

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
What percentage of officers is that? Seems like a big enough number for a state, like a significant percentage? I kinda figured past crimes should really put you out of contention to join/kick you out if you're already a cop, surely?!

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.abc15.com/news/local-ne...ement-official-tracked-for-integrity-concerns

So basically a corrupted officer list. Does your state have something like this? I for one welcome this maybe police office will think twice before committing crimes and or lying on the job.
We have the same thing in MA. Officers on the list are considered untrustworthy witnesses by the DA:

www.boston25news.com

25 Investigates: More than 2 dozen Medford officers blacklisted by DA for overtime scandal

More than two dozen Medford Police officers have been blacklisted by the Middlesex County District Attorney stemming from an overtime scandal in September, 25 Investigates has learned.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
We have the same thing in MA. Officers on the list are considered untrustworthy witnesses by the DA:
If you can't be trusted to be a witness why are you allowed to still be a cop? I know the answer, but ugh.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland