• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Hmm, give Darksiders 2 and 3 on switch, and I'll be able to soon retire my Wii U too. Don't think I opened the games 1 and 2 on Wii U

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about these devs honestly.

First they told us about 1080p 60fps Wii U version of Darksiders 2 which ended up being 720p 30fps with worse details than PS360.

Then they advertized Darksiders Warmastered for Wii U as native 1080p 30fps (vs 60fps on other consoles) which seemed really impressive, but it ended up being 720p with terrible framerate.

Amazon still has "native 1080p" in the description: https://www.amazon.com/Darksiders-Warmastered-Wii-U/dp/B01JCUV214

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about these devs honestly.

First they told us about 1080p 60fps Wii U version of Darksiders 2 which ended up being 720p 30fps with worse details than PS360.

Then they advertized Darksiders Warmastered for Wii U as native 1080p 30fps (vs 60fps on other consoles) which seemed really impressive, but it ended up being 720p with terrible framerate.

Amazon still has "native 1080p" in the description: https://www.amazon.com/Darksiders-Warmastered-Wii-U/dp/B01JCUV214
at least they can make good on those promises now

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The game has a performance mode that is very, very smooth. While in portable it doesn't affect too much to the resolution. At least how I see it.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Love me some Darksiders and have 100% this game about 5 times now and played through it again relatively recently prior to D3 releasing. Will pick it up eventually, but cant justify a day 1 right now. I will probably pick up Hob right now considering I haven't played it yet.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I love that there's a performance mode. Considering a purchase. Were the original versions (360/PS3) 30 or 60 fps?
60fps upgrade was the big thing for the remastered version (and absent from Wii U ....except they still put 60fps on the fucking box despite announcing in their marketing materials from the get-go that that version wouldn't be 60 lol).

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I played about 2 hours. Seems to be a solid port both in handheld and docked (played a bit of both)! Performance mode is definitely the way to go though. Presentation mode doesn't seem to hold a steady 30fps. There's also this weird judder or something present during camera movement... not sure what's going on there. Anyway, game is still awesome and it's amazing to have this on Switch!