• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL

https://media.thqnordic.com/?dir=SWITCH/DSWME

DSWME_Switch_KEYART.gif
I can't beleieve this is actually there. 😂

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
So, we didn't get an official announcement yet? I guess they're saving it for Direct. I don't understand Nintendo's habit of holding 3rd party game announcements off for Directs, just let them announce it already.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not getting unless they add some funky Nintendo exclusive content, like skins or something.

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, we didn't get an official announcement yet? I guess they're saving it for Direct. I don't understand Nintendo's habit of holding 3rd party game announcements off for Directs, just let them announce it already.

Third party probably want to be announced at directs. Direct reaches a big (core) audience.

Oct 26, 2017
poor wii u, it's like they can't belive it
good news, the second and third games are probably coming as well.

It's funny because it came out on Wii U in May 2017. EVERYONE thought that one of the two first Switch games THQ Nordic teased was Darksiders Warmastered Edition. They turned out to be Sine Mora EX and Battle Chasers: Nightwar.

Only took two years. :P

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Almost none of these THQ Nordic games have been featured in a Direct. There is no reason to assume that Darksiders is being held for a Direct. THQ could have simply tweeted it a day early. It's a minor port and Nintendo has far bigger things to headline in a Direct than to waste time on Darksiders port -- as great as the game may be.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
The best zelda/god of war hybrid ever made,I'm replaying DS2 currently and it's still as awesome as it was

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Almost none of these THQ Nordic games have been featured in a Direct. There is no reason to assume that Darksiders is being held for a Direct. THQ could have simply tweeted it a day early. It's a minor port and Nintendo has far bigger things to headline in a Direct than to waste time on Darksiders port -- as great as the game may be.
Yeah, and I'm sure that if THQ Nordic got a spot in a Direct, they'd much rather use it for one of their new games instead of an asset care project. Even if that asset care project is their main IP.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping that this would run at 60fps on switch would be a little bit unreasonable.... right?

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I would think they could hit 720p 60fps in handheld mode. Really can't comment on 1080p 60fps docked... not sure how feasible that would be. I'm just praying that this is a solid port. I really love this game and it would be amazing to have it running properly on Switch.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'll finally finish this game! Played it on PC and Wii U but switch might be the thing I need to push myself to complete it.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
I guess, like Dragon's Dogma, this is probably a case of 16GB cart games being sold for 30$€ being now an option (or an option starting April 1st).

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Never played a game in this series, why do people compare it to Zelda? Do you collect items and power ups and solve puzzles and enter dungeons?
Nicely built dungeos, items that enable access to new paths, puzzles and interesting gadgets. I still believe the first title is the best one (haven't played DS III) though the last level is regrettably slow and terrible.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I guess, like Dragon's Dogma, this is probably a case of 16GB cart games being sold for 30$€ being now an option (or an option starting April 1st).
its 10 gigs on PC. will be smaller on the switch im sure. is there smaller carts than 16 never paid attention to the sizes. Game will be definitely $30, wouldn't be surprise if its $40 even..lol

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its 10 gigs on PC. will be smaller on the switch im sure. is there smaller carts than 16 never paid attention to the sizes.
I think they come in 1, 8, 16 and 32. (And could probably go higher than that)

The good thing about high Switch software sales, is that higher production drives the cost of manufacturing down.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
its 10 gigs on PC. will be smaller on the switch im sure. is there smaller carts than 16 never paid attention to the sizes. Game will be definitely $30, wouldn't be surprise if its $40 even..lol

🤔

Maybe you are refering to Darksiders (2010). This edition is ~20GB on PC/PS4/XBO/WiiU. Also, the price has already been announced.

Out April 2nd 2019 for an SRP of £25.99 / €29.99 / $ 29.99, both digitally and in retail stores.

THQ PR