• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
https://www.vooks.net/darksiders-warmastered-edition-is-coming-to-the-switch/

Darksiders Warmastered Edition has been both rumoured and teased to be coming to the Nintendo Switch, today it's been confirmed.

A trailer for the game has been uploaded to the THQ Nordic website, there's no accompanying press release or release date – just a trailer. It appears from the trailer that the game will only be coming to the Nintendo eShop.

Darksiders Warmastered Edition is the original Darksiders game released in 2010, the Warmastered edition was released in 2016 on HD consoles, and even saw a Wii U release all the way into 2017.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Ugh, fiiine, I guess I'll triple dip...AGAAAIN.

God damn, I've never double or triple dipped on one console so much in my bloody life.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Was anything added to the Warmastered version other than prettification? I played it way back on 360 and could perhaps be tempted to give it another shot.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't finish the WiiU port so maybe I will do now, the port was pretty good for most part although the frame rate suffer alot during instensive combat, it should run more stable on Switch.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Nice! I played through this game last year, and really enjoyed it. It was my first time playing a Darksiders game, and I thought it held up really well. I need to get through 2 and 3 now.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there we speculate about this being evidence of a cancelled direct despite the fact it's just an old port?

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
With how old these titles are they should have easily been able to bundle 1 and 2 into a single package . No doubt they'll also try to sell us 2 at a later date .

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Platinumed it on PS3 , own it on PS4 & XBX gamepass but never bothered to replay with the amount of games. But might replay it on the go with switch.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Finally the Switch has traditional Zelda game.

I like Darksiders as its own thing, but I don't rate it as a Zelda game.

A lot of people say that Darksiders is 'Zelda done right'. I don't agree; I find Darksiders to be "Zelda for the testosterone-fuelled". That's a little harsh, I'm not really trying to express that the game is *dumb*, just that it is so very heavily combat-focussed that the gentler beats that Zelda hits - talking in towns, fishing, exploration, sidequests - fall by the wayside. It does the combat very well, indeed, I'd happily say that it does it better than Zelda - but it can feel - frequently - like that's pretty much all it cares about doing.

The demo is phenomenal because it's *pure* Zelda Dungeon, and done very well indeeed in that regard - however, there's distressingly few actual dungeons of that level of quality and detail in the game.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
I won't lie... I thought this had already been announced a long time ago. I'm guess they're already working on porting Darksiders 2 also.

It's a real shame they didn't have Darksiders 3 ready for the Switch day and date with the other consoles (that is if they try to bring it over) since I think it would have given it a real extra boost of attention. Plus it would have had plenty of room to breath on Switch since there has been other action games like it recently released. A nice hold over til Bayo3 or a possible other Darksouls 2 port or something like. It could real fill a gap/niche.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Cool, I've still never played this one despite having 3 copies of it on 3 platforms. Gonna need to be cheap or a good sale for me to pick this up a 4th time though.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Yes! I LOVE this game. Day 1 for sure. Now give me a physical copy and I'll be extra happy. Hell, I might even buy both digital AND physical! Please, please, please let this be a good port!