• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yea you can die multiple times and the souls will still be there. Additionally you'll drop whatever souls you have in the souls in the new places that you die too and you can get those along with the original one.
I thought I noticed that once but I was not sure. Kind of weird since it makes the soul system not really have any risk.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I noticed that once but I was not sure. Kind of weird since it makes the soul system not really have any risk.
Yep there's no risk and additionally it can be exploited since death is the only way you respawn enemies.

It's a bit confusing because when you go to Vulgrim, you can basically "store" your souls by feeding him even if you don't actually level up. This is pointless when you consider that there is no way to actually lose your souls in this game

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Btw, if you want to be 'efficient', don't use any Luminous Visages until late in the game, because it will make your next "purchased" level ups more expensive. I know you could argue getting the levels later is also pointless with less stuff to fight afterwards, but it's up to your playstyle/goals.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
So I had planned on picking this up like I have for the previous entries. I've got a base PS4 and from what I'm seeing it runs worst there. Darksiders has always had it's review scores dinged for being a Zelda clone, so I expected more of the same...but the performance complaints are discouraging me from picking this one up.

better wait a couple of weeks and see how things turn out in terms of patching. You might even pick it up at better price as we are nearing christmas sales

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so somehow I got stuck :P

I'm in the first flame area and
There is a Vuhlgrim room with two statues across, but only one statue has a sword to hit. There is a very high cave I can't reach and other ways ahead seem to be locked by abilities

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
OK, so somehow I got stuck :P

I'm in the first flame area and
There is a Vuhlgrim room with two statues across, but only one statue has a sword to hit. There is a very high cave I can't reach and other ways ahead seem to be locked by abilities
Go outside, turn left and go to the room with the graves. There's a hole on the floor behind some breakable jars.

I got stuck for a while in there too.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Oh some of the other issues I have with the game:

1) Attacks are with face button, so I can't attack and control camera at the same time (no I dont wanna learn how to claw)
2) Camera needs to pull back when in combat
3) Considering attacks are with face button, there needs to be an camera centre button so that you can quickly align the camera to look at the direction your character is facing.
4) Lock on only works for enemies directly in front of you. Usually I don't use lock on but if there's one enemy in a close area then I'd like to lock on to the enemy in case it ends up to my side or behind me so quite often I end up hitting enemies without even seeing them.

Basically it'd be so much nicer if I had better control of the camera be it via having the attacks on shoulder buttons (like Souls) or be it by letting me auto centre the camera or even just letting me lock on to enemies that are behind me. In wider areas it isn't too much of an issue but it's still not optimal. In closed area it's kind of sub par.

What platform are you playing on?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Go outside, turn left and go to the room with the graves. There's a hole on the floor behind some breakable jars.

I got stuck for a while in there too.

a hole in the wall or the floor? I had already found a hole in the wall that led to a big room with lots of consumables (and monsters) but it didn't look like there was an exit.

Thanks!

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
The camera is the biggest problem in this game especially when you are fighting vs multiple enemies at once and they get behind you. Its way too close in combat. VS 1 enemy its not issue unless they teleport.

Other than that im having a blast and i wanna know most of the reviewers are smoking.
4 sins down and im really enjoying it. Fury a great character :D

Looks like someone made an FOV changer for anyone wanting a wider view. I can't try it atm, so somebody let us know if it works.

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=32918

Works great!

Also the buttons to increase and decrease can change depending on keyboard layout. for me ( its the 2 buttons left of backspace cause i got german layout.

Last edited:

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Two boss fights in on Apocalyptic and this is a fine game. Gunfire did a good job with the team and budget they had.

I'm playing on the PS4 and haven't had anything but some audio popping and a character model being a little wonky in one cutscene.

The combat is very fun and the dodging feels so good. I don't see where the complaints are coming from.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
From what I played from the game, I don't like at all the platforming approach the game takes. 2nd jump goes nowhere, and you basically are aiming to the ledges all the time, because Fury doesn't reach the platforms. So you're watching, again and again, the "grab the ledge then do a ledge jump to reach the platform" animation, instead of simply jumping on the platform. Same with the chain, it's so strange that the game doesn't allow you to jump from the animation whenever you want, it does it automatically, being totally automatized.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
kvNgXBD.gif

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a specific order to the bosses? I feel like I'm wondering around aimlessly without a map.

Nov 24, 2017
better wait a couple of weeks and see how things turn out in terms of patching. You might even pick it up at better price as we are nearing christmas sales
Yeah I'll check back here and see if that happens. I'm not paying for a broken product. Don't do for it Bethesda, won't do it here...but I realize they might actualla have a chance at fixing it. If they can do it, I'll support at full price in support of the series. If not, I'll hang back and accept that this is probably the last gasp at life for the series.

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
Only reason im hating this games' release window is because black friday is fucking up all shipping and my pre order is two days late already

:(

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
theres a patch out on xbox, idk what it is though. Its the first patch ive gotten since launch day. Version number is 1.0.0.7

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm a casual fan of the first 2 games and was sad to hear that it's not doing so great in the review depart...

but one of favorite reviewers on youtube just put up a positive review.

I'll get this game later, but if someone here is hoping to hear a sorta big presonality say something nice about DS3, here's the link

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
Count me among those who wonder just what it is that the Reviewers who slammed this were smoking. This game is a pleasure to play.

I had to adjust a bit, for sure. Fury is not War, nor is she Death. She doesn't tank hits like no tomorrow nor is she agile like Death whom can bounce all over the place and destroy foes in the blink of an eye. Instead Fury is more measured, I guess you could even say more arrogant, in her playstyle. Baiting enemies, like the Gifs that our resident Gif making overlord, Sunhilegend has shown, and then immediately punishing the foolish idiot for their ineptitude as she dodges aside, and unleashes a hellish torrent of arcane energy from her weapon, Scorn.

During the game I kept finding myself wanting to double tap B on my Xbox controller along with a directional point, or some other combination to dodge and that got me punished severely, quick. Once I adapted to using RB to dodge, things got a lot smoother, and a lot better. In addition, Fury as I said cannot tank like War. She has to choose her battles far more decisively, as getting swarmed will overwhelm her quick. To this end I found that keeping lock on off during a fight with multiple enemies and dodging constantly saw me surviving a lot more. Whereas for single enemies, Lock on worked quite well.

Bugs aside, I think some of the issues the reviewers had was something they just lost patience with, and failed to adapt to. The combat is fun, engaging, and rewarding. Though it can be frustrating at times. But in that sense I appreciate that when I pull back, and think through an encounter and how I will engage in it properly, that it goes much much better and I have a sense of reward from coming out on top of this.

Thus far I am only into the 3rd area. I'm having quite a bit of fun, and am enjoying myself. Bear in mind when I say all of this, I am a MASSIVE Darksiders fan. I have statues of War, Death, and Samael from a company that is now extinct as far as I know. And now, with the Apocalypse edition, I have more of Death and War, and now Fury and Vulgrim.

Long story short - Don't trust reviewers as a whole. Trust your fellow peers as they play a game and give their own thoughts like the community has done here.

How some reviewers can place this game into a category that is as buggy, and broken, as Fallout 76 is just...mind boggling. Such scores speak more to me of anger tainting their opinion and thoughts, than someone stepping back and fairly assessing the game and pushing those emotions to the side. It's definitely a 7 or 8 thus far from what I have played through, in my opinion.

All in All, I am having fun. And in the end of all things, that is what counts.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im playing on a 1X/4K TV, and the game looks pretty good, and runs fine. There are these odd stutters every now and again, but no big deal. Really enjoying the game, and I have not experienced anything beyond minor technical issues.
Thanks! It might have to wait until after Christmas but that info moves it up a couple notches for me.

Oct 31, 2017
Bought the game today on Xbox, I'm really enjoying it, the dodging is so satisfying and I'm loving the boss fights.

I'm on the One S and performance is fine, a few hitches here and there that hopefully get patched out but it's not distracting from my enjoyment at all.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to fix the screen tearing on PC? Afterburner shows that 1070 @ 1440p is delivering 62fps all the time.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
caved and bought...already loving it. however, shit looks blurry as fuck in 4k. any way to fix that? reshade doesnt seem to be working either

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
How hard is Apocalyptic? I was gonna go for the trophy but will it just be a tedious frustrating experience considering normal difficulty is hard too from what I've read?