• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks really good but will waint until christmas to buy it because no time to play it right now. Hopefully some of the performance problems will be fixed by then.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I can already see a "wait for sale" from ACG..

Defo console version sounds like a no go (i'm with base PS4 and if this runs like crap on One X and PRO, on base consoles will be uplayable). If i pick up this, it'll be a cheaper key for PC.

Reading the impressions, same issues plagued consoles versions of Darksiders II and they never got fixed.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, it's not a solid 30fps?! What the heck are they doing over there?

Nope. This game will be somewhat interesting for you guys. It feels like the fps are constantly under 30. 26 - 30 i would assume. Even turning the camera can cause the fps to drop. I think it has more to do with their loading/streaming.

PS4 pro. Not acceptable imo. As i said quite playable but not acceptable for what the engine has to deliver.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. This game will be somewhat interesting for you guys. It feels like the fps are constantly under 30. 26 - 30 i would assume. Even turning the camera can cause the fps to drop. I think it has more to do with their loading/streaming.

PS4 pro. Not acceptable imo. As i said quite playable but not acceptable for what the engine has to deliver.

damn, that's REALLY bad.

PC it is if I ever play this.

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
I feel strange reading about bad performance. Some gameplays I saw looked and felt smooth and fast. Maybe because they were on PC?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
People have certainly gotten far more particular about performance and framerates in the hardcore scene over the period of this generation (not that it's a bad thing!). We quickly forget our fond memories for games like the original which had numerous regular fps dips below 30, and some notoriously pretty bad tearing.

I'll have to hold off commenting in more detail for another 39 mins, but looking forward to talking more about the game. I am intrigued to see what difference this apparent launch day hotfix makes to things.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Argh, I've yet to play at Darksiders II. I hope this game will sell well because it's a fantastic serie.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
There are SO many spoilers on youtube already. Both thumbnails and titles. I don't understand why are they doing that really.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
I have the game (i live in Aus) and i have a question about the controls... and if I'm missing something.

Is there really no map?

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
Ouch, reviews are harsh at the moment.

I'm sad that the scores will put people off. Because essentially most criticism to me is the reason I want to play this game.

- No map so you have to find your own way around
- More focused/ harder souls-like combat
- Dated/ feels like a 2010 game.

These are all things I'm positively excited for.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Polygon on the PC version

TECHNICAL ISSUES
During my time with Darksiders 3 on PC, I experienced a few crashes. Certain areas of the game — specifically while chasing after Lust — ran very poorly and caused some significant drops in frame rate. During the Lust boss fight, my game crashed two separate times. The first was in the middle of the boss fight, while the second was during a post-fight cutscene. This is a pretty big problem in Darksiders 3, since the game only saves progress when you reach Vulgrim, the shopkeeper. I had to redo the boss fight — which includes an unskippable walk-and-talk section — multiple times, praying that the game would hold out for just one moment longer. At a later point, my game errored out, but still let me run to a nearby Vulgrim, which gave me the chance to save my progress before it completely caved in. While the version of the game we played is likely not finalized, players should be prepared for some technical frustrations.

welp, im out guys, GL to anyone that still gets it, I smell mega bomba on this one and will grab it cheaper soon enough. I know, part of the problem and all, but it is what it is.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
golden until you reach those problem zones people talk about and benchmarks wouldnt have seen. Thats why benchmarks dont really do much for me :/

Possibly, but it seems to me that Polygon's issues stem from either system instability or an unlucky encounter with a memory leak bug, as, unless I've missed something, nobody else who's played the PC version has reported that sort of trouble. Also, neither AMD nor Nvidia have released their game-ready drivers just yet (GameGPU probably should've sat on its hands a while longer).

Last edited:

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting on my key from CDKEYS, usually i've received it by now. They had some major issues during the weekend's Black Friday sale, so i hope there won't be any issues sending them out.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
PC benchmarks (thanks to Lashley for the heads-up). In short: if you have an i3 2100 or better, a GTX 980 or better, and 8GB+ RAM, you're golden.

I do, but that's kind of a steep requirement isn't it? Also, the AA implementation is the vaseline kind. No thanks. It gets rid of aliasing at the cost of smearing everything. There probably won't be too much at 1440p anyway.

edit: Nvm, figured it out...I think. Their drop-down menu is strange.

Last edited:

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
A question about a game weapon. Spoilers obviously.

Do you still get the Chaoseater like they showed on the website like 1 year ago?

A yes or no would be enough.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I do, but that's kind of a steep requirement isn't it?

There may be an argument to be made that performance should be better, but the 980 is a firmly mid-range card these days.

edit: I have no idea how to read those benchmarks. Are they listed as low, med and high settings, with the grey being the min and the green the max?

GameGPU always runs its benchmarks at either maximum in-game settings or the highest preset. Grey = minimum frame rate and red/green = average.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
GameGPU always runs its benchmarks at either maximum in-game settings or the highest preset. Grey = minimum frame rate and red/green = average.

I figured it out. What was messing with me was the sorting method with their drop-down menu since I can't read Russian. Instead of selecting a resolution to display, it's to select which to omit. But anyway, thank goodness I just recently upgraded from a 1080 to a 1080 Ti. 55fps lows with the 1080. And as expected, 4K is out of the question, unless I want to play at 30fps.
Fuck that.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Just got past Third boss.
I think besides the boss fights I really enjoy this game on the hardest difficulty. The boss fights just feel way to brutal taking like an hour to beat them and the shards.
Fucking fridge slam
I'm realizing that the Whip hits a lot farther than I think

MikeSan

Oct 27, 2017
Liège, Belgium
Is there people here who bought the bundle when Microsoft make the mistake in July (The complete collection for 40$ instead of 80$) and are able to play it ?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all, so are there people here already playing on ps4pro? How is the technical side ? I read some stuff in the review thread but some say it's the worst thing ever, others that it's not so bad.

Also is there a day one patch that is not out yet? Like reviewers are reviewing the game without the patch ?

Edit: wait this is 30fps on Pro? What the hell? I tried the game at PGW, agreed it was on a PC, but it was 60 and what I saw did not seem like it would be impossible to achieve on pro with 60 fps...

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still assuming there is a day one patch, but the devs really need to clarify this. The fact that reviewers are unaware of the patch isn't that reassuring. This is kind of a make or break moment as far as good word of mouth, and the tech issues are too front and center in the discussion,