• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Patch is live on Steam! (hopefully all other platforms will follow ASAP)

The BIG ticket items....
All platforms:
Map - Indicator for player(s)
Leviathans Landing - Overall improvements

Consoles: Audio should be fixed in the Void (Sorry for all that reverb, it wasn't intended.)

Full (Steam) Patch notes below

Changelog
Map: Added a ping and location marker to show the area the player is in.
  • Map will now recenter back to the player location when opened.
  • More fixes to items not showing on the map and not getting crossed off the map when collected.
  • Fixed location names showing on an empty map (before you had collected the map).

HUB: Leviathan's Landing:
  • Collision is more consistent across all sections.
  • Timing and platforming elements have been adjusted to make jumps more reliable.
  • Temporary shortcuts added when completing parts of section 3.
  • Spacing and timing made more forgiving on the final sequence of section 3.

General Fixes:
  • Options: Added an option to set the right and left stick deadzones.
  • Missing Trickster Keys that have previously been collected will be restored on reloading a save. This fixes the issue of not being able to open the final door even though you collected all the Trickster Keys.
  • MP: If a client disconnected or closed their game during a loading screen the host would hang indefinitely at the loading screen. Fixed!
  • MP: Fixed an issue with ledge spikes not working properly or syncing correctly for the client.
  • MP: Issues with camera becoming detached from player have been fixed.
  • MP: Fixed issues with Aether Spark traveling through void portals when controlled by client player.
  • Splitscreen: Player/enemy silhouettes when occluded by environment are now also shown in split screen.
  • HUB: Fixed missing collision behind the trickster door that could cause the player to get stuck.
  • HUB: Fixed an issue where it shows War's portrait during Strife's dialogue when talking to Dis.
  • HUB: Fixed a spot around the Void Well where the player could get stuck.
  • Strife: Static shot now correctly chains between yellow grubs.
  • Strife: Activating Shadow Clone on top of caltops no longer detonates the caltrops.
  • Wingclip & Deathtouch VFX now displays properly on Tidehunters, the Grinner Boss, Skeletal soldiers/archers, Infernal Angels, and Fallen Hounds.
  • Fixed some spelling and grammar errors across the game.
  • Fixed various issues with localization (bad tags, translation errors, etc).
  • Updated the Health Core description in the creature core guide with the appropriate Health Core description.

Level Fixes:
  • Level 01: Splitscreen: Added split screen camera volumes in areas that had geo blocking the players view making it easier to see.
  • Level 01: MP: Players no longer spawn behind the fog door if they die.
  • Level 01: Hollow Fiend now takes damage from Strife's standard shot during his attacks.
  • Level 01: Hollow Fiend can now hit the player when standing in specific spots.
  • Level 01: Fixed enemies not spawning when loading a save on the bridge.
  • Level 01: Fixed a spot on the wall near the first ballista that would cause the player to respawn as if they had fallen off the map.
  • Level 01: Bridge to the trickster door now requires both crystals be hit to activate.
  • Level 02: Legion Champion can now jump across platforms properly.
  • Level 03: Fixed an issue where the forge in the Trickster room couldn't be used if the ingots were collected in a certain order.
  • Level 04: MP: Fixed an issue where the client's camera could become disconnected from the character.
  • Level 04: Legion Champion at the Southern Beacon is no longer stuck in the terrain.
  • Level 04: Enemies no longer attack the player during a cutscene.
  • Level 04: Fixed collision near the south-eastern beacon.
  • Level 04: Frozen Fleamags now have collision.
  • Level 04: Fixed an issue where quitting the game after the Molten Hound fight would block further progress.
  • Level 05: MP: Dying during the final fight no longer respawns players behind the barrier.
  • Level 05: Splitscreen: Dying to the Houndmaster no longer teleports the player outside the arena.
  • Level 05: "Respect for animals" quest now tracks properly.
  • Level 05: It now requires all 4 torches be lit in the Trickster room to open the gate.
  • Level 07: Splitscreen: Players no longer get stuck if one player triggers a cut-scene.
  • Level 07: Why'd it have to be snakes side quest now tracks properly, and all the snakes are more accessible.
  • Level 07: Fixed an issues where the Borrower could teleport out of range, locking the Epic chest.
  • Level 07: Removed extra collision on a platform in the first puzzle area.
  • Level 09: Fixed Belial's ground attack VFX not always displaying.
  • Level 10: Astarte's lap counter no longer breaks and stops at lap 10.
  • Level 14: Caltrops no longer fall through the floor in the Houndmaster arena.
  • Level 15: Camera no longer clips into the environment near the first soul chest.
  • Level 16: Moloch's arena now shows on the map.
  • Audio: Fixed some sounds that were unaffected by the volume sliders.
  • Fixed Mammon's icon showing up when Tidecaller taunted.
  • Grubs will no longer get knocked out of their burrow animations when taking damage.
  • Quests: Fixed an issue with previously completed levels on Mayhem not awarding credit for beating the level on Hard.
  • Quests: Health and Wrath cores purchased from Vulgrim now count properly towards the quest progression.
  • Quests: Complete all levels on certain a certain difficulty quest no longer requires Wicked K to be defeated(16 total instead of 17)

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Patch is live on Steam! (hopefully all other platforms will follow ASAP)

The BIG ticket items....
All platforms:
Map - Indicator for player(s)
Leviathans Landing - Overall improvements

Consoles: Audio should be fixed in the Void (Sorry for all that reverb, it wasn't intended.)

Full (Steam) Patch notes below

is this patch coming to the Switch version too?

I found nothing online about it, and there's a great deal for the physical version on Amazon.es for €20 but I won't get it if the Switch version doesn't get the same support... afaik it's still on 1.02 on Switch.

Zim

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
is this patch coming to the Switch version too?

I found nothing online about it, and there's a great deal for the physical version on Amazon.es for €20 but I won't get it if the Switch version doesn't get the same support... afaik it's still on 1.02 on Switch.
It is out of our hands sadly :(
ALL CONSOLE PATCHES are still coming... we just don't know WHEN that day will come.
We submitted all console patches in early / mid March and are just waiting for cert. Unfortunately, with everything going on in the world, it is taking way longer for our patch to go through the process(??). Even I check my PS4 daily to see if the DS:G patch has gone live but always leave saddened.
I'm sorry for the long delay and stay safe out there Dash Kappei / y'all.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
It is out of our hands sadly :(
ALL CONSOLE PATCHES are still coming... we just don't know WHEN that day will come.
We submitted all console patches in early / mid March and are just waiting for cert. Unfortunately, with everything going on in the world, it is taking way longer for our patch to go through the process(??). Even I check my PS4 daily to see if the DS:G patch has gone live but always leave saddened.
I'm sorry for the long delay and stay safe out there Dash Kappei / y'all.

Well I have no problem at all with waiting under these circumstances, it's totally understandable. I just wanted commitment to the Switch version's post-release support to be on par with the other versions, since I had found no mention whatsoever of Switch on any article mentioning the latest patch.

I don't know if you can talk about it, but just in case, is this one the last update or there are more incoming? I guess there's zero chance of a Switch-specific patch to improve handheld mode's performance (IQ/FPS) right?

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to push on the BUY IT button right now :)

stay safe!

Zim

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Well I have no problem at all with waiting under these circumstances, it's totally understandable. I just wanted commitment to the Switch version's post-release support to be on par with the other versions, since I had found no mention whatsoever of Switch on any article mentioning the latest patch.

I don't know if you can talk about it, but just in case, is this one the last update or there are more incoming? I guess there's zero chance of a Switch-specific patch to improve handheld mode's performance (IQ/FPS) right?

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to push on the BUY IT button right now :)

stay safe!
All console patch's are FINALLY live Dash Kappei / y'all.
Happy gaming and stay safe out there.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Bought this for XO. I enjoyed the game, really. Maybe fuck the last boss? Its just bullet sponge, he could hurt just war since he fights in close combat. When i switched to strife he didnt even touch me. Kinda lame for lass boss. Overall I had great experience loved everything about this. But i am having trouble with arena. Game reguralry freezes and i have to restart. Sucks when you have 65k xp after hour and half and then the game freezes. Hope we see sequel for next gen

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at getting the game due to the GameStop deal. Torn on which platform. Any recommendations? Does it run at 60fps on consoles?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry I didn't reply in time :(
But to answer your question, negative. All consoles target 30fps with some dips here and there.
No worries. I ended up finding out consoles don't offer 60fps. Will just get it on PC in that case. Maybe next gen consoles will somehow allow it to run at 60fps and I can double dip.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finished thanks to gamepass. In resume is a good game but the camera sucks and mess up the whole game

Zim

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Issue with blurred characters in split screen on X1X stills stands. Was it addressed in patches? Is there a chance that this problem will be fixed? Should we wait for issue to be resolved?
I'm sorry, but to my knowledge, there are no plans for any more patches. I apologise, that it is not the update you were hoping for.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've got an itch again for the franchise and eyeing this or 3.

Hmm
You can't go wrong with either. Genesis may be worth revisiting if, like me, you played it before it got FPS boost. I'm still holding out for the day we get news of a new Darksiders game, though! It's been such a great franchise to play through.

Zim

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
I've got an itch again for the franchise and eyeing this or 3.

Hmm
I think all Darksiders games are currently on Gamepass AND PS+, so you can give either a try without the need to purchase.
Having worked on both, I'd recommend Genesis. The gameplay is awesome and the soundtrack is soooooo gooooooood.
3 was created with the Souls formula in mind, which isn't my cup of tea. That said, 3 received a patch to change the combat to be more like the previous titles (if desired). Regardless of your choice, I hope you have fun playing!