• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
That switch video looks like it's a relatively solid 30 fps but if I'm not mistaken it never demoed coop? Also the resolution looks pretty low. I think I'm gonna go with the PC version.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have the game on all three consoles but I've only had hands-on time with PS4 Pro and Switch so far.

The PS4 Pro version looks great and seems rock solid performance wise both solo and in split-screen.

Switch IQ is a bit soft and textures took a big whack from the ugly stick but aside from occasional hitching when you're in the middle of a really busy fight, performance is solid and the game plays incredibly well.

Haven't tried the One X version yet but the PS4 and Switch versions have my full, enthusiastic recommendation.

Oct 29, 2017
Picked it up on PC. Kept crashing on startup every time I tried to launch it on my TV using Steamlink. Ended up fixing the problem by launching it from my PC with remote play not active, then linking up after it launches lol.

Hackerman.jpg

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Playing on standard PS4; performance seems to be mostly fine so far. Only beat the first level (took a little over an hour trying to collect everything). Enjoying it for the most part, but have a couple of complaints:
  • Wish you could zoom in a little more; playing on a large TV, sometimes it can be a little tough to follow what's going on in crowded fight sequences
  • As others have mentioned, the map is garbage. Love running around getting collectables, so that's a major bummer
  • Player tutorials/training/onboarding is pretty bad. You'll be getting meter refill drops from fights before you even know what the meters do. Eventually you might get an explanation, but just overall, I was left feeling "did I miss something?' for a while in the first level.
Other than that, having a decent time and looking forward to playing more.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've completed the first 3 chapters on the Xbox One X and I have yet to encounter slowdown that people have been reporting. Hitching from what appears to be I/O? Definitely. Even with an SSD the hitching is happening, but I'd hate to see how the experience is on a platter disk.

The map design where you don't see your character location, only the highlighted area you're in, is a very odd design choice. I mean, it was intentionally made this way, but I don't quite understand the reasoning.

Technical matters aside, I am still loving this game! What a fantastic next entry to the Darksiders franchise.

Is there a way to zoom in (console version)? Maybe I'm getting old but everything is so tiny.
It doesn't appear so.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Is it just me or does the map not show you were you are? It's kind of terrible? The amount of times I have to pull it up only to realize it's not very helpful is kind of annoying

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or does the map not show you were you are? It's kind of terrible? The amount of times I have to pull it up only to realize it's not very helpful is kind of annoying
i got kinda used to it but yeah: its fucking terrible. also no option to display an automap during gameplay is kinda stupid.

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
I have been playing this game on my ps4pro and its really amazing. The combat, the animations, the artstyle, the music, everything it top notch. I hope this gets more attention because it's a fantastic game. I'm planning on getting the switch version also, once I can find a physical copy in my area.

Congratulations to the team.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have been playing this game on my ps4pro and its really amazing. The combat, the animations, the artstyle, the music, everything it top notch. I hope this gets more attention because it's a fantastic game. I'm planning on getting the switch version also, once I can find a physical copy in my area.

It really is. I played it on stadia (my only bought game ).
Awesome.
Oh and good luck for leviathan part 3. Could never finished.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I'm in the same boat as you. The art, atmosphere, music and gameplay are top notch. I just wish it was a little bit faster.
Got Diablo 3 in the current PSN sale and I'm having more fun with Genesis. If it was 60fps and had a better map it would be perfect.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
10 levels in on the X and absolutely loving it. The series is 4/4 for me. I remember being super worried about 3 but the 4/10's that game got was laughable. It had it's issues but I ended up enjoying it immensely. This is a totally different animal but it's an excellent action RPG with a really satisfying gameplay loop. You're always finding some new secret or completing a quest that gives you rewards. The minute to minute combat is also a blast and keeps feeling fresh with all of the new attacks and gadgets Strife and War get. I really like that you can switch between them, too. For some reason I thought I'd be locked into a character in the beginning but I was pleasantly surprised to find otherwise when I started the game up.

The Decay level (8 I believe) has been my favorite of the game. The music is fantastic!

Last edited:

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the same boat as you. The art, atmosphere, music and gameplay are top notch. I just wish it was a little bit faster.
Got Diablo 3 in the current PSN sale and I'm having more fun with Genesis. If it was 60fps and had a better map it would be perfect.
Re: Bolded
Give the arena a whirl, for some fast-paced encounters.

I've put a little over 12 hours into the game and have cleared up to Chapter 7. I keep on going back to previous levels to unlock items/quests I missed and get more creature cores, and I just spent over 30 minutes playing just The Crucible Arena. I am really, really loving this game! I was stoked for Genesis, as a fan of the franchise, but I am happy the game keeps delivering.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Made a post for people like me not seeing the console release news

www.resetera.com

Darksiders Genesis is now released on Xbox, Playstation & Switch

XBO https://www.microsoft.com/p/darksiders-genesis/brz9553vppbd?activetab=pivot:overviewtab PS4 https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4389-CUSA12988_00-DARKSIDERSSSUS00 Switch https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/darksiders-genesis-switch/ I had no idea, just saw it in my console...

Oct 28, 2017
gat damn, i love this game and ill try to plat it since it has difficulty trophies im not that confident lol

also love so much the font options, they really did good on this franchise

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
Been playing this on my Xbox co-op, the game is REALLY good.

At first I wasn't sure about Strife but he has won me over.

Graphics are beautiful and so colorful, just perfect for that Joe Madureira style.

Zim Great job to your team!

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Been playing this on my Xbox co-op, the game is REALLY good.

At first I wasn't sure about Strife but he has won me over.

Graphics are beautiful and so colorful, just perfect for that Joe Madureira style.

Zim Great job to your team!
Glad y'all are enjoying it! It's great seeing another round of impressions (good and bad).
To the people who are having issues / bugs, whether its here or steam or reddit, WE ARE LISTENING.
The DS: G team are evaluating what can be priortiezed for the next patch. Sorry about that.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
I love this game.

Its scratching an itch I haven't relieved since Two Human (seriously), and answers my one-note criticisms of Diablo. The mix of combat, swapping characters on the fly to change up playstyles, and the mix of puzzling and gear and traversal challenges keep things fresh throughout. Its a game that you can fully engage with, or casually play with a podcast on in the background. Its co-op focused but feels perfectly fine solo -- and it has replayable arena modes out of the box.

This is the kind of formula, if refined, that I could play forever.

Make more please. I'm good for it. Thanks

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Glad y'all are enjoying it! It's great seeing another round of impressions (good and bad).
To the people who are having issues / bugs, whether its here or steam or reddit, WE ARE LISTENING.
The DS: G team are evaluating what can be priortiezed for the next patch. Sorry about that.
Send my love to the team Zim - I had a blast making this OT and playing the game on PC last year. So happy people are also enjoying it on PC.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Your team did a hell of a job (no pun intended) on this game. Thanks for all your hard work.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I love this so far. I think I've completed four chapters. Both characters are really fun to use. I think I've been using Strife a bit more since he is new, but I usually swap depending on which style of character makes more sense. The different bullet types are really cool. I think they have like the right amount of collectibles where there's enough that I want to try and get them, but they haven't gone overboard. The level layouts are well-designed. The creature core system is kind of neat to fill in. Early on I wished there were more puzzles, but this last chapter had some cool ones with the introduction of the portal bomb things. It reminds me a lot of the Lara Croft games which I loved (didn't know that was an inspiration until seeing this thread). But it also totally feels like a Darksiders game. It sort of ticks most of the boxes I'd want from the series. And more in line with the first in that sense which I prefer than 3 (which I still enjoyed). Fantastic game. I hadn't really followed it much after the announcement. Just saw isometric Darksiders and since I liked the first three games, I knew I'd play it. But wow. Didn't expect to love it so much!

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
So I bought it on Switch.
Graphics are fine a bit blurrie here and there but no biggie.
Kids are playing it co-op on TV.
I tried it out on my switch lite and man is the font small!
Not the one you can adjust but the one on the map showing where coins and such are. You have to have the lite pretty much up to your eyeball to read that.

I'd love to see an update with some love for switch lite owners.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so sad, best friend came to my place to try coop and he hated the game lol.

I guess I'll play it solo :(

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing this last night and had a fun time, but I struggled with something that's probably really simple to answer..

I unlocked a new ability for War which I'm sure it said I can assign to the Y button, but I dont know how to select it? I'm looking at it on the wheel thing, but I can't go any further from that. Wish I could remember the name of the ability to make my question more clear.

Edit: ignore me I've worked it out

Last edited:

Zim

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
I tried it out on my switch lite and man is the font small!
Not the one you can adjust but the one on the map showing where coins and such are. You have to have the lite pretty much up to your eyeball to read that.

I'd love to see an update with some love for switch lite owners.
Sorry about that Sir_Caffeine
I let the team know about your issue this mornin. Hopefully its something that can be resolved in the next patch, but I can't make any promises.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow didn't know one of the devs posted here!

Could a future patch bring a closer camera, and a merging screen in coop if the 2 players are close? Those were the main points of contention my friend had.

I love the game though, so if these changes don't come it's ok I'll still play solo :) Thanks for the game !

Zim

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Oh wow didn't know one of the devs posted here!

Could a future patch bring a closer camera, and a merging screen in coop if the 2 players are close? Those were the main points of contention my friend had.

I love the game though, so if these changes don't come it's ok I'll still play solo :) Thanks for the game !
Sorry to displease your friend but... the camera distance / function is pretty set in stone. I don't forsee that being modified.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to displease your friend but... the camera distance / function is pretty set in stone. I don't forsee that being modified.
It's alright really, he was really picky as the game is perfectly playable and enjoyable with this camera, and the splitscreen is fine imo. His loss ^^

Thanks for answering, gonna really dive deep in this game this weekend now that I don't have to wait for my louzy best friend lol

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Sorry about that Sir_Caffeine
I let the team know about your issue this mornin. Hopefully its something that can be resolved in the next patch, but I can't make any promises.
No worries, just a little feedback. I'm three hours in now and this game has reawakened my love for the darksiders franchise. Will be getting back to darksiders 3 as soon as I'm done with genesis.

Clownio

Oct 29, 2017
Chapter 13 done, loving this game so far. It's not really the Diablo-like I was expecting but I'm completely fine with it. I really like the level structure they went with, it makes it really easy to go back to previous levels to get stuff that was unreachable at first.

I read that the game sold better than THQ Nordic was expecting (maybe the dev in this thread could confirm?) and I remember Darksiders 3 also sold above expectations, even though they were super low compared to an AAA game.

This is another proof that AA games could perfectly exist along indies and AAAs, if only you manage expectations acordingly.

Spartan

Nov 14, 2018
Awesome game, Airship Syndicate is already one of my favourite dev, I spent 120 hours on Battlechaser and been a fan of Mad since he started in the industry at 17. He set-up a hell of a team.

Thanks for being here Zim and of course for this gem of a game, I second the suggestions for a better map if doable at all down the line.

Zim

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
I read that the game sold better than THQ Nordic was expecting (maybe the dev in this thread could confirm?)
All we've heard is that it has exceeded expectations. What that number is, I have no clue.
Thanks for being here Zim and of course for this gem of a game, I second the suggestions for a better map if doable at all down the line.
Glad you liked it. At this point in time, I don't think anything will be getting an overhaul (map included). Just bug fixing. Sorry.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Jumped on this demo at PAX East when it had no line and was suuuper impressed. Heavily considering picking it up on switch. How is it on content outside of the standard story mission set... is there a hub or any side missions?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Jumped on this demo at PAX East when it had no line and was suuuper impressed. Heavily considering picking it up on switch. How is it on content outside of the standard story mission set... is there a hub or any side missions?

There is a hub where you can buy new skills and solve some puzzles, and besides the main missions there are combat arena missions where you fight themed waves of enemies.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
There is a hub where you can buy new skills and solve some puzzles, and besides the main missions there are combat arena missions where you fight themed waves of enemies.

Got it, thanks! Somehow missed this reply. Will definitely be picking this up sometime soon then. The UI in the demo was definitely a bit of a mess (I see that's been discussed lots here, the map), but the core gameplay loop really grabbed me.

Ah, and I had no idea that Airship Syndicate were the developers on Riot's upcoming RPG! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on that now as well.

Zim

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
I can't say much, but there is another patch coming.

What's special about it? Can't disclose, BUT I think people will appreciate it.

When does it launch? "Soon" (waiting for console certs)

Thanks for being patient with us y'all. As everything right now, it has been a time of flux.
Stay safe out there Era.

-Zim

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I can't say much, but there is another patch coming.

What's special about it? Can't disclose, BUT I think people will appreciate it.

When does it launch? "Soon" (waiting for console certs)

Thanks for being patient with us y'all. As everything right now, it has been a time of flux.
Stay safe out there Era.

-Zim
How exciting! Thanks for sharing that with us; I can't wait to see what the patch entails.