• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Great OT iFirez !!!

As an animator here at Airship, I can't wait for y'all to play this and see the craziness that we have in store for ya.
I'm on lunch for the next 20-30 minutes, feel free to ask me any questions.

Will you guys make the next main entry ? :D Im super impressed at how your studio nailed everything, from the animations to sound. Strife looks to feel (yes thats a thing) BEEFY with these guns, yum yum yum

JusperX

Mar 13, 2019
Greece
^Once you complete the story, you can replay any chapter you want on Apocalyptic. Also you do want to revisit old places with new powers.

Also 15 hours seems a bit off to me, unless you rush it..

Last edited:

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Ill buy this on Stadia if its running at really high specs there. Im sure my PC would crush the game, but I wanna play something new on Stadia.

maenckman

Dec 3, 2018
Nice OT. I am a huge Darksiders fan and really looking forward to Genesis. Especially since I loved Airship Syndicate's former title Battlechasers.
I have a question about switching between War and Strife. Is this rather a preference thing (melee vs ranged) or are you forced to switch between them in certain situations as only one of them is the 'right' option?

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
the combat looks so meaty, maybe on par with diablo 3 (still the king of isometric meaty animation).

do we know when they gonna unlock the game in europe? i can't even do a preload...

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Great OT iFirez !!!

As an animator here at Airship, I can't wait for y'all to play this and see the craziness that we have in store for ya.
I'm on lunch for the next 20-30 minutes, feel free to ask me any questions.
i love the animation in your game man, you understand how much better the combat feels with proper ragdoll and death animation for enemies.

i also liked darksiders 3 a lot.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Wait, a THQ game and 3 pages in, not a single post about complaining and boycotting the game? Funny how quickly gamers move on:)

cant wait for the console release in feb!

great OT 👍

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Nice OT. I am a huge Darksiders fan and really looking forward to Genesis. Especially since I loved Airship Syndicate's former title Battlechasers.
I have a question about switching between War and Strife. Is this rather a preference thing (melee vs ranged) or are you forced to switch between them in certain situations as only one of them is the 'right' option?
You can choose to player either character at any time that fits your play style, but some puzzles requires tools that are specific to each of the horsemen.
i love the animation in your game man, you understand how much better the combat feels with proper ragdoll and death animation for enemies.

i also liked darksiders 3 a lot.
Thanks!
It was great fun working on death executables. They range from goofy to down right brutal.
Having also been part of the DS3 team, I'm glad you enjoyed that one too :)

ZServ

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When does this hit? Midnight tonight? 3EST? Tomorrow at noon?

latest

ZServ

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Zim, my man. While I got you here. Can I ask you something?

YkOnl4G.png

Who do I have to contact to get Warmastered put above Deathinitive? Do I call THQN? I just want to very politely ask that the games be arranged in an order that's awesome and makes sense.

Genesis? Prequel. Makes sense where it is. 2 -> 3? numerically, definitely. But then Warmastered? I guess canonically, sure.

But it hurts.

Edit: I feel like I'm gonna die just waiting until noon, my console brethren.. I feel for you. May God have mercy on you.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Zim, my man. While I got you here. Can I ask you something?

YkOnl4G.png

Who do I have to contact to get Warmastered put above Deathinitive? Do I call THQN? I just want to very politely ask that the games be arranged in an order that's awesome and makes sense.

Genesis? Prequel. Makes sense where it is. 2 -> 3? numerically, definitely. But then Warmastered? I guess canonically, sure.

But it hurts.

Edit: I feel like I'm gonna die just waiting until noon, my console brethren.. I feel for you. May God have mercy on you.

Genesis > 3 > 1 > 2

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I love Battle Chasers, which was made by the same studio, so I'll definitely get this.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Pre-ordered on GOG.

This is pretty trivial, but I really wish Gunfire would go back and implement Galaxy achievements for the Warmastered and Deathinitive editions. 4A did this recently for the first 2 Metro games, and both III and Genesis have them. I would like to be able to get them on for the first 2 games as well, since I replay them pretty frequently.

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
literally never heard of darksiders before or knew this game existed like 10 minutes ago but I just bought it... It looks fun as hell.

I was literally having a conversation with a buddy of mine two days ago how I wish there was more isometric games... So yea this game coming out and discovering it was a sign I needed to buy it lol

yckmd_

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Woke up this morning hoping I could install this but realized I couldn't until another 3 or 4 hours haha. Dang it!

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
Really tempted to buy it on Stadia, launch is ~2hrs away. Hope it'll run at least 1440p/60fps, gonna pass otherwise.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I thought the other 2 Horsemen would be playable too. Now I'm disappointed. Although, I really haven't been paying much attention to it since announcement. I do love isometric ARPGs though, so I'll definitely check this out.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
For some reason I thought the other 2 Horsemen would be playable too. Now I'm disappointed. Although, I really haven't been paying much attention to it since announcement. I do love isometric ARPGs though, so I'll definitely check this out.

with all the positive buzz this it getting, I would not be surprised if Genesis gets a sequel featuring Death + Fury, exploring what they've been up to at the same time.

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Last edited:

maenckman

Dec 3, 2018
Huh, I bought the game weeks ago at Greenmangaming. When I try to reveal the key in my library on GMG it says "Keys are being expected" (in German "Keys werden erwartet"). Has anybody of you guys had this message, too?

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Will get this on Xbox next year. Really hope Darksiders 3 and this do well enough to greenlight Darksiders 4, an adventure where you play all four horsemen/women.