• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Great OT iFirez !!!

As an animator here at Airship, I can't wait for y'all to play this and see the craziness that we have in store for ya.
I'm on lunch for the next 20-30 minutes, feel free to ask me any questions.
Thanks :D I played the game at EGX London and loved it! Can't wait to get my hands on the full game later this week.

Apr 3, 2018
Emotional elevator lol

"What? An OT for DS Genesis? I thought this was far away"
*opens thread*
"Holy shit Dec 5? That's in 2 days, wooo great I didn't know !!!!"
*realises it's pc and stadia only, console is Feb*
NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........

Great OT, can't wait to play this in 2 months!

Exactly this. Guess I'll just have to wait another few months. So it goes.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT iFirez !!!

As an animator here at Airship, I can't wait for y'all to play this and see the craziness that we have in store for ya.

Between this and Battlechasers, ya'll are making some of my favorite looking games out there.

But really, gimme more Battlechasers. :)

<3 Airship Glad to see more stuff from you all.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Great OT iFirez !!!

Kind of a general question - really about animation. But one thing I was disappointed to see is that there isn't a category for best animation at the game awards. And, especially in action games - good or bad animation work can make or break it. It's nice to see people like SunhiLegend (he highlights animation work on his twitter account) but it seems it's still the unsung hero in game design.

Anyway, specifically - the footage shown has some hit stop when enemies get attacked. How much goes into that process to make sure it's not overdone?

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Wait this is coming out for stadia PC already? Hmmm probably will lose interest when it hits console.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for the Switch release, but I am really looking forward to playing this.

I was hoping there would be at least another character, that they were waiting to reveal until closer to launch. But now that its out, I guess there isnt. I get wanting to just do the two characters that people know, but its literally the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse lol. 4 characters would have been awesome, and opened the game up to co-op/online multiplayer if they wanted.

Kinda hoping this was a side project, and Airship is hard at work on a full fledged Battle Chasers sequel.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Saw the OT and got excited since I forgot this was coming out. Then I saw console release isn't until valentine's day and am leaving disappointed. See you guys in 2 months.

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Between this and Battlechasers, ya'll are making some of my favorite looking games out there.

But really, gimme more Battlechasers. :)

<3 Airship Glad to see more stuff from you all.
Glad you enjoyed BC, I didn't work on that title, but I enjoyed my time playing it.
Our Art team here is something special. Looking forward to y'all seeing what the future brings..... :)

Zim

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Kind of a general question - really about animation. But one thing I was disappointed to see is that there isn't a category for best animation at the game awards. And, especially in action games - good or bad animation work can make or break it. It's nice to see people like SunhiLegend (he highlights animation work on his twitter account) but it seems it's still the unsung hero in game design.

Anyway, specifically - the footage shown has some hit stop when enemies get attacked. How much goes into that process to make sure it's not overdone?
SunhiLegend, maaaaaan, he posts some great gifs.
Anywho, that's a GREAT question...... I unfortunately don't have a great answer.
We have a set frame count in mind when creating impacts / flinches and its up to the designer hooking the character up to make sure its not overdone.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
That's a really cool looking OT.

I was watching fextralife twitch yesterday which had early access to the game, it looked pretty good.

Looking at the minimum required settings I doubt my laptop will be able to run this with an acceptable framerate (if it even starts lol) so I guess I'm just playing this next year.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sharing this here. I've been playing the game for review in solo and local + online co-op on the hardest setting. I've played them all, and reviewed Darksiders 3 as well. Feel free to ask me any questions, and I will answer them in my video tomorrow and do my best to avoid any spoilers.

GotY Material, eh? So I take it we should expect a thumbs up from you?

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I just saw that. Damn. Wonder what the PC specs are. My PC is low-mid tier.
Battle Chasers wasn't particularly demanding and ran well, I doubt this is much different. Seems to be how all the other DS games are specced as well.
Sharing this here. I've been playing the game for review in solo and local + online co-op on the hardest setting. I've played them all, and reviewed Darksiders 3 as well. Feel free to ask me any questions, and I will answer them in my video tomorrow and do my best to avoid any spoilers.

1) How differentiated are different core setups? Do you feel like you're making meaningful decisions for your playstyle, or just generally getting stronger as you slot more cores?

2) Rank the Darksiders games, plz

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
GotY Material, eh? So I take it we should expect a thumbs up from you?

I will just say originally I expected a modest, Diablo style loot game due to many previews stating as such. Plus the smaller budget, a level based structure, my expectations were lowered.

What I didn't expect to find was a straight up action adventure with just as much puzzles, exploration and combat as the main titles in the series. The co-op is also fantastic, and like Tomb Raider and the Guardian of Light the game was designed to work great as a solo player but also with a friend. You need both characters for exploration and puzzle solving. They have completely unique abilities that will help players uncover lots of secrets, big and small.

It's blown away my modest expectations, and so far it's every bit of game as the rest of the trilogy.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Crap, I didn't know this was later for consoles but it's actually perfect timing, I'm short on money and February it's looking pretty empty on games for me, besides I have to save money for vacations on March so a small game like this will be awesome.

JusperX

Mar 13, 2019
Greece
You better make some manual backups of your save data, unless you wanna see this wonderful message.

Just to clarify, PC crashed during loading screen after chapter completion, can't tell if it was due to the game or something else (first time it crashed), but I lost 7 hours of progress. Backup save was also corrupted..

20191203085127-1.jpg

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been saying I expect this to be better than what a lot of people were expecting, looks fantastic and the preorder price on Humble is pretty tempting.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the isometric Lara Croft games. Hopefully this will scratch that itch.

Oops, did not realize this had Stadia/PC timed exclusivity, guess I'll be playing that next year.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll pick this up tomorrow. That Humble price is too good to pass up for how good I think this game is going to be.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly interested in this because of playable Strife.

I am still awaiting his solo gunkata game, though.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
The wait for console launch is killing me. I am replaying Darksiders 1 now after finishing 3. I am surprised at how well it holds up. Got me even more hyped for Genesis. I think I am going to replay 2 while waiting.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'm a big Darksiders fan, so I am excited for this. I will wait for a console release, but I still have to find time to play Darksiders III, so not a big deal for me to wait. It's super encouraging to hear some of the glowing praise in this thread. Looking forward to reviews!

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of tempted to wait for the console release even though I'll play it on PC just to get any possible QOL improvements and other changes that will definitely make its way to the console version, and likely be patched into the PC release.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a big Darksiders fan, so I am excited for this. I will wait for a console release, but I still have to find time to play Darksiders III, so not a big deal for me to wait. It's super encouraging to hear some of the glowing praise in this thread. Looking forward to reviews!

Just finished Darksiders 3 on PC. Honestly wasn't expecting much, but I really enjoyed it. Kept my attention all the way until the end. Just a fun game.

Oct 29, 2017
I think depending on how the performance of the Switch version holds up I'm going to pick this up day 1. Any word on how it runs on Switch?
Saw the OT and got excited since I forgot this was coming out. Then I saw console release isn't until valentine's day and am leaving disappointed. See you guys in 2 months.
Oh... :(

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just been reading and watching some of the reviews posted in mazi review thread for the game. Really happy with the scores and opinions on the game, seems like the perfect game to dive into between matches of Halo Reach on PC this week and weekend!

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Hey everybody! Here is that podcast/ review thing I'm trying out starting with Darksiders. Very little spoilers in the video, I gave it a 9.2.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
This looks great, but I'm going to hold out for the console release. I already have enough to play.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Glad this is coming to Steam. Gonna give it the ol' 2 hour try and see if it's any good or I'll return it. The reviews are better than expected. If not, Star Ocean First Departure R also comes out tomorrow.

Any word on the game length?

Zim

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Glad this is coming to Steam. Gonna give it the ol' 2 hour try and see if it's any good or I'll return it. The reviews are better than expected. If not, Star Ocean First Departure R also comes out tomorrow.

Any word on the game length?
13-15 hours