• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

Disclaimer:

The publisher is THQ Nordic, who held an AMA on 8CHAN (home of terrorists, white nationalists and paeodophiles), the developer is Airship Syndicate and they are not owned by THQ Nordic.

It sounds very much like a standard Darksiders game by from an Isometric view. Interesting take on the series.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
gonna play it anyways, i am too invested in the story by now. just have to get every entry in the series so that maybe we will one day get the final dream game we all fantasize about

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious about this.

Do they give any indication as to when it might release?

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Gareth Coker is the composer for this in case anyone is wondering.

The track really sounds fantastic.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I think this game honestly looks fantastic. I think the art style translates super well to this style of gameplay. Very excited for a tight, 8 hour game here.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Music is great, game looks fun. Really looking forward to this, hope it performs/runs well on Switch.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Hopefully the Switch version turns out well! Looking forward to it. Probably no day 1 for me as there are just too many upcoming games.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This is what Joe Mads told me about whether this is "Strife's Game" back at E3, fwiw.

As for whether or not Darksiders Genesis "counted" as Strife's game or not, things were a little more up in the air. "That wasn't the idea at all for us. It was cool to have both a brand new character and a returning one, but that's really a THQ question about whether they want to make Strife have his own solo adventure or not. It's cool that they've let us debut him this way, but I don't know if this would count as his own game."

OP
OP
MilesQ

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I can't see myself being in day 1 on a Darksiders game until they make a follow-up to the ending of the first game. Darksiders 2 just ending at the exact same moment was such a letdown.

OP
OP
MilesQ

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

Continues to look decent enough and I do love me some Darksiders, but it's THQ...

amc

Nov 2, 2017
United Kingdom
Currently playing Darksiders 3 on PC. I remember it not getting too hot a reception on release but being a big fan of the original back in the day I took a punt. Glad I did because I'm really enjoying it up to now.

This looks a lot of fun too so will be a definite get regardless of reception. Unless it gets totally destroyed that is.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Played this at Gamescom, it's a lot more tomb raider then Diablo and has pretty much the complete Darksiders 1 moveset from a top down perspective. Was pretty cool. Looked nice, played well, has a lot of potential.

I won't buy thq as long as the situation is not resolved though.