• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Darksiders = GoW-fighting style
Darksiders 2 = DMC-fighting style
Darksiders 3 = DS-fighting style
Darksiders Genesis = D-fighting style
Darksiders (4) = All 4 style
D-fighting as a 4-player minigame

Edit: Tps was in D2-DLC, and DMC-Gunslinger would be cool
Darksiders (4) could work like Dante style Switching
Each style is a horsemen

Last edited:

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
So awesome...

4ooN8t8.png

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
If this is a proper Darksiders game ala Diablo style,I'm interested. I hope it's a proper release though and not just a spinoff

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So whenever someone uses hyperbole to say that a franchise doesn't have an identity. It's seriously point them towards Darksiders.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know

If the madmen miraculously get to a 5th game and /that one/ is the sequel wih the four horsemen...

.... Darksiders would become the series with longest arching story arc in gaming.

Lmao.
i think many series have it beat. metal gear, kingdom hearts, resident evil, trails in the sky, yakuza, etc.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess what, i can do both, ill support a developer i really like, AND support victims of abuse! Since i can do that! I love how people think that theyre supporting something by way of inaction... yeah dont do anything! Thatll help! By not supporting thq you are helping? Laughable... how about get off your ass and donate the money you WOULD pay for the game to a charity...but i dont see you doing that... just boycot a publisher, thats gonna save lives!
Sorry we all can't be like you and give the shitty company money

And lmao at the thought of not giving these losers money is "punishing" the devs. If you use that logic, any game you don't buy is punishing devs.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I wonder why they made a game with only 2 of the horsemen. A Diablo game is the perfect opportunity to feature at least the 4 characters.

Maybe the team that created III is already working in 4 (Strife's game), hopefully this time with more time and money.

Even so, I don't like how THQ is using Darksiders basically for smaller games, 2 was far more ambitious than 3 and Genesis, and even if it wasn't perfect by any means I miss the big Darksiders games tbh.
Darksiders II bankrupted the old THQ. Of course the new THQ would scale down for the sequel.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Darksiders II bankrupted the old THQ. Of course the new THQ would scale down for the sequel.

New THQ didnt do anything... Airship Syndicate (Joe Madureiras company, and creator of Darksiders) wanted to return to Darksiders, but have a small team, so they created this spinoff so they could return to their roots...

Make no mistake, this isnt DS4 which is inevitably coming...

Also

Airship Syndicate is working on a 2nd unnamed game... just for those people wishing for BC2

From the nightwar backer update
2pioszK.jpg

Though i dont think its Battle Chasers either... (i have a feeling its gonna be a castlevania-like game...)

Last edited:

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Makes
What? Thats some terrible misinformation that you are spreading, Darksiders 2 had a high budget but it did okey and the company was more or less dead when it came out.

THQ was a billion dollar company who made a ton of bad decisions over many years that led to their bankrupcy.

Last edited:

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting note, it's a spin-off and not considered Darksiders 4. I presume 4 is the team up, if we ever get there. Strife is the only one getting an introduction in a spin-off and not a numbered title. Poor guy lol.

V8eLzVb.png

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
Excited for this, just booked a time to see it at E3. Problem is, if Darksiders 3 is an indication of what to expect from Darksiders 4, the game a lot of us really want, where they finally pay off the cliffhanger from the first, Iiiiiii'm not sure that's the team to deliver it. That's a game that deserves resources, a chance to scale, that Darksiders 3 definitely did not have.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for this, just booked a time to see it at E3. Problem is, if Darksiders 3 is an indication of what to expect from Darksiders 4, the game a lot of us really want, where they finally pay off the cliffhanger from the first, Iiiiiii'm not sure that's the team to deliver it. That's a game that deserves resources, a chance to scale, that Darksiders 3 definitely did not have.

Smash airship and gunfire in a room together...

I feel like DS3 without Joe Madureira was never gonna work as well... get those guys working together again... bring back the creative director and 4 could be magical.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Hopefully Darksiders 3 was THQ testing the waters. Its not clear if small budget games with recognizable names is their whole deal or if theyre willing to really invest in a AAA production.

Brinksman

Oct 25, 2017
Guess what, i can do both, ill support a developer i really like, AND support victims of abuse! Since i can do that! I love how people think that theyre supporting something by way of inaction... yeah dont do anything! Thatll help! By not supporting thq you are helping? Laughable... how about get off your ass and donate the money you WOULD pay for the game to a charity...but i dont see you doing that... just boycot a publisher, thats gonna save lives!

This immediately aggressive and over-the-top reaction to a straightforward counterpoint telegraphs a lot. You are welcome to make whatever choices you decide to make with your own money. I'm faithfully attempting to respect forum rules, so the unprovoked hostility directed towards myself will be ignored.

As the post from a child abuse survivor outlined, it's a valid question to consider specifically when supporting this publisher, and the obvious counterpoint to the imbalanced ultimatum you presented. "Do you hurt the devs who had nothing to do with this or do you hurt the victims by showing them that this stuff is okay by supporting them at their current standing?" If you wish to support this publisher and feel you can offset any injury to the victims that may entail by donating to a charity, that is your interpretation of reality and nobody will stop you. Each individual is entitled to decide what is appropriate for them. When it comes to willfully downplaying the issue and browbeating others with this one-sided "punish the developers" mentality though, it's naturally going to elicit a response.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

A Darksiders 4 would probably need a bigger budget, but the scope of Darksiders 3 totally made sense given that it was effectively reviving the franchise. Also Darksiders 3 is pretty underrated, sure, it's lower budget but I felt it was the most cohesive of the three games, the first two games threw a lot of stuff at the wall to see what worked.

I also never really got the annoyance at the sequels fleshing out the characters/world, why would you want the conclusion to the story given that you barely knew anything about the characters and world at that point, I rather liked this setup of slowly building up to it. To be fair given how franchises work it's probably not like the big team up game would really be the last anyway.

Last edited:

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018

False. THQ was already on the verge of bankruptcy before Darksiders 2 even released due to a string of bad business decisions, the costliest of which was the udraw tablet crap.

Darksiders 2 was a hail mary attempt where they went all out to try to turn around the company's fortunes.The game did well enough for itself but it was never going to save a company whose years of bad decision-making finally caught up to them.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the visuals are the only thing thats stopping me from never touching whatever the hell this is

what is a "proper" release in a series where every game since the first is a prequel, aka... a spin off.

i think they mean a large scale adventure to go on, not some bite-sized 8 hour co-op story

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
This looks damn good. I hope there's focus on puzzles and dungeons like the first 2.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what is a "proper" release in a series where every game since the first is a prequel, aka... a spin off.
That is being disingenuous or uninformed. The white series was meant to be a 3-5 game saga. Ward's story. Death's story. Wrath and Fury's story( always imagined this as one game when Vigil was at the helm, then the finisher with all 4 as playable). So 2 and 3 were not spinoff. Not to mention, a spinoff in this context of videogames is reserved for breaking into a new genre, or a story involving non main cast characters.i know it could be argued the other horsemen are side characters in the first game, but remember, it was a planned saga with many more games to come.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I just want my Strife game to be a traditional Darksiders with gun combat, and the final one to just be DK64

No like, you jump in barrels to switch. Pay Vulgrim in Banana Coins.
A THIRD FUCKING PREQUEL

I'M DONE
So anyone remember the ending of Darksiders 1? They ever going to do anything with that?
ANOTHER
FUCKING
PREQUEL

Jesus fucking Christ
1st game ended with one of the best cliffhangers ever and here we are a decade later and they still haven't resolved it. The management of this franchise is nuts.
Whole point from the beginning broskis
You know

If the madmen miraculously get to a 5th game and /that one/ is the sequel wih the four horsemen...

.... Darksiders would become the series with longest arching story arc in gaming.

Lmao.
Yakuza and Kingdom Hearts tho

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Yea they could have went FPS and I'd have been hyped. This just looks like Darksiders 3 didn't do well and they have to make this kind of thing instead of Darksiders 4. Hope it works out.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Yea they could have went FPS and I'd have been hyped. This just looks like Darksiders 3 didn't do well and they have to make this kind of thing instead of Darksiders 4. Hope it works out.
It was more than likely being made before Darksiders 3 even came out, unless you somehow think they made all of this in the span of 6-7 months. Darksiders 3 did well enough to make its money back according to the comical reports. This is just a spin off that probably was pitched after Battle Chasers Nightwar.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Darksiders 3 released last November, do you not think this has been in development before then?

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Whoa. Have always had a passive interest in Darksiders, but they really have my attention now.

And, definitely in on the Switch version.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Darksiders 4 is going to be a turn based rpg and everyone is going to love it.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man this seems like a pretty cool thing. Love the idea of a Darksider's ARPG.

But fuck THQN so nope.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
"Genesis" is such a generic title even for a non-numbered spin-off (Darksiders 4 must surely knuckle down on the whole 4-player co-op thing as the title-related gimmick). Such a shame.

I mean, they had "Darksiders: War & Strife" right there!

What do you mean? It's perfect for the game, it having a biblical theme and all that.