• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Well they say it's officially a spin-off, so I'll gladly welcome this (looks fun) and rest easy that the quadrilogy will eventually come to fruition.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
What a chronology of Darksiders Franchise?
I only play the first game and heard that 2 and 3 happened around the same time as the first game.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Heh, I actually wrote here on Era few days ago that it would be cool if new Darksiders game was a Diablo-clone!

This looks good!

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What a chronology of Darksiders Franchise?
I only play the first game and heard that 2 and 3 happened around the same time as the first game.

As far as I can remember:

DS Genesis
Prologue of DS1
DS3
DS2
Main part of DS1

There's very little overlap so it's only a broad timeline. I don't know if the specific order of 2 and 3 make much difference.

Last edited:

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
"Genesis" is such a generic title even for a non-numbered spin-off (Darksiders 4 must surely knuckle down on the whole 4-player co-op thing as the title-related gimmick). Such a shame.

I mean, they had "Darksiders: War & Strife" right there!

But now imagine if the final, all of them united game is called Darksiders: Revelation.

It's clearly what they're building toward.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I was pretty certain the image tease in Airship's twitter header wasn't Darksiders...Joe M getting his hands on the IP again just seemed like too much wishful thinking. Happy to have been wrong. This looks neat!

Oct 25, 2017
Looks beautiful.

QSxP0SN.gif

Wi7vaTC.gif

WL8qQSP.gif
This looks sooo fucking good.

It looks better than Diablo III, which shouldn't be a surprise, but all of the games in the same style I played, even the ones I think are better, usually look way worse. D3 is just very polished.

But the animations in this trailer are incredible, the level design still feels similar to Darksiders, too, which is amazing.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
This looks sooo fucking good.

It looks better than Diablo III, which shouldn't be a surprise, but all of the games in the same style I played, even the ones I think are better, usually look way worse. D3 is just very polished.

But the animations in this trailer are incredible, the level design still feels similar to Darksiders, too, which is amazing.
Yeah, even though it's kinda "squashed down" from the perspective, it all feels very Darksiders still which is amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
Not that this doesn't look good but I can't help be continually disappointed in this franchise moving further from its Zelda roots. That's all I really wanted from this series.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not that this doesn't look good but I can't help be continually disappointed in this franchise moving further from its Zelda roots. That's all I really wanted from this series.
Outside of the first 1/2-2/3 of 3, and the loot in 2, they ate still very Zelda-like. This is a spinoff. Nothing wrong with genre changing and experimentation.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I love Diablo-likes, so i'm there day one depending on what else releases around the same time.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
I really dont get why some people are so upset about it being another prequel.

Lets be honest the main reason why people want a sequel is because of all 4 Horsemen together and you could have that in a prequel.

Also Darksiders 3 just came out last year. Its not like they didnt do anything with it for a long time.

We will get it eventually.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
You know

If the madmen miraculously get to a 5th game and /that one/ is the sequel wih the four horsemen...

.... Darksiders would become the series with longest arching story arc in gaming.

Lmao.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I didn't like Diablo 3 (I'm admittedly inexperienced with the genre, but I swear I can't think of a game that's more repetitive than Diablo 3) so I'm not sure about this...

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Does it play like a twin stick shooter? Looks kinda like it mixes that with Diablo.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
"New Darksiders..."
I'm out.
"Diablo gameplay..."
You have my sword!
"Main character looks and acts like Cayde-6..."
Well....actually...

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Oh so it's not a real Darksiders game. Pass.

EDIT: OHHHH it's more Lara Croft than Diablo, ok that's cool. I'm in.

Last edited:

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Man, would've loved an RPG, BCNW was great.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Day one. This looks amazing. The more Darksiders the better. Feels like a franchise that takes popular genres, and makes games based on that style of gameplay and adds a consistent story (albeit all out of order). Love some Darksiders.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Really disappointed that it sounds like Phil Lamarr isn't Strife anymore. I get that he was probably a placeholder since he was already recording for the merchant, but still T~T.

On the game itself, I was hoping it'd be all 4 of them, but at least it has Strife, so we'll technically have a game for all the sibs now. Hopefully War is at least still Liam.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what else THQ has for E3.

Really crossing my fingers for a new red faction.