• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I won't lie, I'm a bit disappointed that you'd just trendily follow the lamest meme this series has ever generated. :P

I tried to make one in the past and accidentally deleted the save, so I need to get this out of the way lol

The worst is that the build, until is finished (and even finished is not that good), is shit, I'm getting pwned by every invader. But is being fun, because I had to tackle the game very differently from my previous playthroughts.

hyuckwut

Oct 27, 2017
Errrr I got cursed after I went back to an area after defeating the gaping dragon. I went back to where all those Basilisk enemies are hoarded up. They got me. What is the quickest way to get this removed?? God I'm gonna have to run all the way through the depths again aren't I?

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Can I be in the forest covenant and still go after the butterfly, or does that make them go hostile? I've always been a little unclear on what I'm allowed to kill when I'm in this one.

Errrr I got cursed after I went back to an area after defeating the gaping dragon. I went back to where all those Basilisk enemies are hoarded up. They got me. What is the quickest way to get this removed??

The lady in the aqueduct shortcut back to firelink sells items to remove curse.

Steamlord

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to get through the Depths without getting cursed, but I had a really good "oh shit" moment when I thought there were like five basilisks charging at me before I realized it was just one pushing the other basilisks' dead bodies around.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Artorias is the best boss in the game, his moveset really shines and is relentless...i like the tone of the DLC more than the maingame, it´s a little crazier and with the Lovecraft influences you can feel a little Bloodborne at early concept stages in there.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does the purging stone increase in price if you're already cursed?

Also, does anyone else keep getting "Disasters are gone after the defeat of Gravelord Servant" messages out of nowhere?
Purging stones are way cheaper from the pardoner in the Parish... that lady's scamming you out of your souls!

Also, that message is because there's so many people trying to Gravelord!! It's awesome but does nothing to your game until NG+. You can still seek vengeance by touching their signs anyway, though.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I beat gargoyles and butterfly. I know there's like a goat man Minotaur dude somewhere I still need. How do I get to him ?

Also the dragon on the bridge do I just get ass naked and run to make it through ?

melichrous

Self-requested temporary ban
Dec 9, 2017
So I beat gargoyles and butterfly. I know there's like a goat man Minotaur dude somewhere I still need. How do I get to him ?

Also the dragon on the bridge do I just get ass naked and run to make it through ?

You should have found the Basement Key somewhere in the Undead Parish. That key opens a door near where you first meet Solaire. Open that door, progress through the area below and you'll get to the fogwall which has the Capra Demon behind it.

Edited to correct which key is needed.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It's a real shame that Gravelording does nothing until NG+. Considering how thin the playerbase is in NG+ compared to NG, it all feels so useless. It'd be a really cool covenant otherwise. A squandered opportunity and it's a shame the remaster didn't fix it.

Speaking of covenants and improvements, though, you can now switch covenant at the bonfire, it seems? Has anyone tested the following yet?
> Joining Darkwraith early, pre-Lordvessel
> Talking to Frampt and/or Giving Lordvessel to Frampt
> Staying in Darkwraith

Will giving the LV to Frampt piss off Kaathe and lock you out of the covenant? Additionally, could I, right now (pre-LV, haven't spoken to Frampt at all), switch between, say, Forest and Darkwraith covenants at the bonfire at no risk of being locked out of either? I don't care much about "resetting progress" in the covenants since I already donated 10 humanities to Kaathe for the Orb.)

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States

There is a door at the far end of the bridge that leads down to the Capra Demon but you need the Basement Key to open it. The key is just outside the Undead Parish behind the portcullis.

You can bait the Drake into landing on the bridge then safely run past him.

Last edited:

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of buying this right now. Should I go physical or digital? Physical for my shelf collection. Digital to switch between this and Overwatch easily.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I forgot just how many homeward bones I get through, without the item dupe I'm burning through them. Thinking about dumping some points in to faith just for the miracle.

Oct 28, 2017
It feels so good to come back to Dark Souls. Remember the way people would make threads like "Dark Souls has ruined me for games"? I'm having those feels all over again.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mmmmm I am getting less humanity by killing mobs compared to the 360 version, so far I only got 1 from a random archer

Stormed

Jan 5, 2018
Utah
DeI6PUgWkAIK8Pd.jpg

DeI6PwAWkAArXgo.jpg

Marketing at it's finest

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Errrr I got cursed after I went back to an area after defeating the gaping dragon. I went back to where all those Basilisk enemies are hoarded up. They got me. What is the quickest way to get this removed?? God I'm gonna have to run all the way through the depths again aren't I?

There's two places you can buy the item that cures a curse. One vendor is in the sewer between Firelink Shrine and Undead Burg, the other is in the bell tower where you fought the gargoyles.

There's no reason to go through the depths again, from Firelink Shrine you can reach a zone called Valley of the Drake's which has an entrance into the next area.

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else come off the ps3/360 version to this? It's amazing playing at 60 with higher resolution. I'm enjoying just taking everything in and observing stuff I wasn't able to before.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
No one knows about the covenant thing I asked above, I take it?

DeI6PUgWkAIK8Pd.jpg

DeI6PwAWkAArXgo.jpg

Marketing at it's finest
lol, the fuck are they even talking about? Prepare to Die? Praise the Sun? Git gud? Giantdad?

...Or is it all of the above >_>

Edit: or maybe it's poorly phrased and it just means Dark Souls a reference, as in, an important milestone... but IDK, I read it the first way and I can't be the only one

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else come off the ps3/360 version to this? It's amazing playing at 60 with higher resolution. I'm enjoying just taking everything in and observing stuff I wasn't able to before.
It got to me too. I never quite realized that the little alcove before you climb the stairs to the firebomb hollow, where there's a couple Hollows hiding inside a house, actually has windows looking at the path down into the lower Undead Burg

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I fucking hate that the marketing team bought into the stupid circlejerky shit.

They could've just said "A world that loops back upon itself" or "Many different approaches!" or just nothing at all, anything but this shit that's only going to fuel memes and not actual discussion around the game itself.

edit: Also is the Beatrice phantom a Umineko reference or something?

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate that the marketing team bought into the stupid circlejerky shit.

They could've just said "A world that loops back upon itself" or "Many different approaches!" or just nothing at all, anything but this shit that's only going to fuel memes and not actual discussion around the game itself.

edit: Also is the Beatrice phantom a Umineko reference or something?
It's a Berserk reference

Anyway, I got invaded in the Catacombs and just hid in the gravelord coffin until the other guy gave up and ragequit hehehe. Almost got himself killed from fall damage too.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
First black knight I took out dropped his sword. Seems badass but I won't be able to use it for a long time since I'm only 13 dex at the moment.

Should I buy the key from the merchant and free the guy in the village at Undead Burg?

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
First black knight I took out dropped his sword. Seems badass but I won't be able to use it for a long time since I'm only 13 dex at the moment.

Should I buy the key from the merchant and free the guy in the village at Undead Burg?
yes you should buy that key
i've heard people here talk about using black knight weapons on the gargoyles and im just like o_o, but i'm a souls fanatic and don't level up much

on that note, are the level restrictions still the same for playing with friends? i want to help my friend play the game, but do i still have to stay in his level range with the new password system, or can i be a low bro and still help him now?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Speaking of covenants and improvements, though, you can now switch covenant at the bonfire, it seems? Has anyone tested the following yet?
> Joining Darkwraith early, pre-Lordvessel
> Talking to Frampt and/or Giving Lordvessel to Frampt
> Staying in Darkwraith

Will giving the LV to Frampt piss off Kaathe and lock you out of the covenant? Additionally, could I, right now (pre-LV, haven't spoken to Frampt at all), switch between, say, Forest and Darkwraith covenants at the bonfire at no risk of being locked out of either? I don't care much about "resetting progress" in the covenants since I already donated 10 humanities to Kaathe for the Orb.)
Yes, if you give it to Kaathe, you're locked out and Frampt won't talk to you. Though, you can join Drakrwaith covenant, get the goods, leave and give the LV to Frampt. Giving the LV to either one locks you out of the other.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yes you should buy that key
i've heard people here talk about using black knight weapons on the gargoyles and im just like o_o, but i'm a souls fanatic and don't level up much

on that note, are the level restrictions still the same for playing with friends? i want to help my friend play the game, but do i still have to stay in his level range with the new password system, or can i be a low bro and still help him now?

I want to believe password system bypass the level restriction and caps you with the host level