• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Do I remember incorrectly and you really can't slide down ladders in Dark Souls I?
It weirded me out at first because I knew for sure that you could (with DSfix at 60fps there was even a glitch where you clipped through the floor in some places) and it wasn't working... but then I remembered, in DS1, you just tap O and you slide all the way down. In the later games, you hold O and the directional button (up to climb up faster, down to slide down) and tapping O just "drops" you off the ladder.

So yeah just tap O. Unfortunately there's no fast-climbing of ladders in this one, gahhh.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
man ppl do so little dmg at gargoyles, lucky me got the black knight sword on first kill :p

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Getting my ass kicked all over the place... Jesus. Think I'm gonna rage quit for today. This is harder for me to adjust to than Bloodborne, for sure.

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
there is a bug with Sif´s cutscene where the fan kick in complete overdrive on PS4Pro when the cutscene plays, helped another 5 people and 2 times in the cutscene the bug was happening, instant overdrive fan...this shouldn´t affect people who play this one time and go on but wow, wonder why and how such a thing is happening, must be a oversight...the fight itself is also really loud when using pyromancy, seems like the fire effects are taxing the console really hard

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
It weirded me out at first because I knew for sure that you could (with DSfix at 60fps there was even a glitch where you clipped through the floor in some places) and it wasn't working... but then I remembered, in DS1, you just tap O and you slide all the way down. In the later games, you hold O and the directional button (up to climb up faster, down to slide down) and tapping O just "drops" you off the ladder.

So yeah just tap O. Unfortunately there's no fast-climbing of ladders in this one, gahhh.
Yeah, this was my problem. I knew for sure you could slide but it didn't work. Just holding O without a directional button feels so weird now though...

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
I think I found one too. This weird monster with pinchers jumped at me by the sun alter. I never seen it before but got a twin humanity after I killed it. What causes them to appear?
They spawn in locations where a player died without retrieving their bloodstain that had a large amount of humanity or souls.
Can also spawn from dropped items, items that players drop travel to worlds of other players and if they are not picked up after a number of travels turn into vagrants.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
They spawn in locations where a player died without retrieving their bloodstain that had a large amount of humanity or souls.
Can also spawn from dropped items, items that players drop travel to worlds of other players and if they are not picked up after a number of travels turn into vagrants.

I have probably played over 1500+ hours over all three Dark Souls platforms and I have only found one vagrant ever which was down in Blighttown. I hope I get to find another with this infusion of players...

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
With the popularity & success of Dark Souls, do you think there is any chance for something like a "Dark Souls II: Directors Cut Complete" with all of the 2012 / Beta version's lighting, shadows and detail that was removed from the original releases and also not restored with Scholar of the First Sin ?

IGN Gameplay Reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_JFDPCtXFY

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
With the popularity & success of Dark Souls, do you think there is any chance for something like a "Dark Souls II: Directors Cut Complete" with all of the 2012 / Beta version's lighting, shadows and detail that was removed from the original releases and also not restored with Scholar of the First Sin ?

Probably not. Limited audience plus we don't even know if that version of the game exists anymore.

Oct 26, 2017
Five hours in, just finished Blighttown. It's really a much more interesting place now that you can actually look around and find paths.

It's also funny (and infuriating) to see TONS of people with Drake Sword. FFS people, it's a trap!

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Five hours in, just finished Blighttown. It's really a much more interesting place now that you can actually look around and find paths.

It's also funny (and infuriating) to see TONS of people with Drake Sword. FFS people, it's a trap!

I did a bunch of Gargoyle co-op this morning and probably half the players I played with had the Drake Sword. I guess it is better than me, I can't even decide which weapon I want to use with my Pyromancer. I have 100,000+ souls and I haven't really leveled up much yet because of my dilemma. I have been using the Great Scythe but I don't know if I am going to stick with it...

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
My first playthrough back in 2011 (hadn't played DeS yet) was rough. I had no idea how any of the systems worked, so I wore the heaviest armor(so fat) unupgraded and was rocking the Drake Sword til I got to Ornstein and Smough. Think it took me 60hrs to get there and took me two weeks to beat them.

It's funny looking back now that I've platinumed DeS DS1 and BB, and only a few trophies away from it in DS 2 & 3.

alfredo_V

Oct 25, 2017
A question to you other old hardcore fans, how is it to go back? Probably my most replayed game of all time, and want to get this but.. afraid I'm going to feel a little burned out from the start

AndyB1974

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen someone post similar footage from the vanilla port.
Definitely seems like there's something off with the ambient sounds, similar to the PTD version on PC before the audio bug was patched. Same thing described here at Undead Parish, ambient wind noise cutting out as you rotate the camera.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/8lp10j/missing_ambient_noise_in_undead_parish_confirmed/

Another clip, Undead Asylum and the sound of the fire crackling cutting out as the camera is moved.

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to make a Halberd character and lucked out with the Black Knight Halberd, so I've been using that. Such a OP weapon. Only problem is that I've been neglecting health, and currently working on stamina and equip load so I can wear anything while using this.

Fun to take down Quelaag in 10 hits or so.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

looks soooo good...and all we got is this flat looking game with horrible texturework

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
So, I just realized while playing that they took out the little subtitles of each area, you know like "Anor Londo, City of the Gods." I always liked that about DS1.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
I think the enemies near Firelink Shirine are respawing without me resting at a bonfire? I thought this had happend before but I figured I just had forgotten that I rested, but it happend again. I rested at the firelink shirine bonfire and after killing the Capra Demon they were back. Weird. The thieves on the ally leading there were still dead.

Oct 27, 2017
A question to you other old hardcore fans, how is it to go back? Probably my most replayed game of all time, and want to get this but.. afraid I'm going to feel a little burned out from the start

As someone who played the games in order of release as they came out, its weird going from Bloodborne/DS3 to this. Especially since a couple of weeks ago I went back to BB dlc and finally beat it. Going back to this game it feels very very slow. And the dodging system feels much less intuitive. Also I'm not used to the 60fps, but I'll get there :)

Deleted member 13628

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who played the games in order of release as they came out, its weird going from Bloodborne/DS3 to this. Especially since a couple of weeks ago I went back to BB dlc and finally beat it. Going back to this game it feels very very slow. And the dodging system feels much less intuitive. Also I'm not used to the 60fps, but I'll get there :)
Agreed. The slowness is really throwing me off coming from BB/DS3. I do like that there is actual poise though.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Overburdened knight feels different at 60 FPS. Its heavy in a satisfying way that just feels new to me.

Amazing.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Been a while since I played this and was wondering if someone had any good builds or links to some good builds? Maybe one with magic since I never used it before.

Also wondering if there's a decent plat/completionist guide anywhere?

Buddeh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Dark Souls in many many years.

So with all the Black Knight drops talk, I'm guessing a strength build is the way to go?

I usually play strength builds in ma Souls games, but after BB I'd kinda like to try a faster style.
At the same time I don't want to feel underpowered, or forced to go with the Drake Sword.

Are there any other awesome dex weapons to choose from?