• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For people saying no one would be hurt by an easy mode: wrong. Lots of people love being sunbros that help carry bad players through the game. Adding an easy mode or tourist mode would make a lot of people less likely to summon, which would hurt the experience of the long-time sunbro fan, who will now have to wait much longer in between being summoned by other players

If they made the game strictly single player I would bet some would still argue against it. Maybe it's an elitist thing. Some still mock Forza for having a rewind function in it even though it's completely optional and doesn't impact anyone else.

I agree, not every game needs to be made for everyone. I'm still not a very good chess player, they do offer different levels of competitors and tutorials which is great but the integrity of the game is still intact. I'm not sure what the Dark Souls games would be like if they made an easy mode, it would kind of take away the integrity of those games I fear.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
From similar thread:
It's "easy mode" debate all around again, which I'll express my dogmatic belief. If devs included easy mode in the game it's justified (even series-altering ones like Fire Emblem Phoenix mode) and if they doesn't want to include an easy mode they are justified. It is absolutely choice of the devs. The game is intended to express their vision after all, for better or worse.

But I am derailing the thread - I agree the discussion is mostly pointless now since two sides clearly have a playstyle they favour, and neither of them is really wrong in general (although maybe not in the context of game Dark Souls).

I've actually never understood when the players demand the dev to be more inclusive than they desire. Should the game designed when certain difficulty in mind - Getting Over It, Spelunky, Dustforce - be forced to throw other difficulties which do not fit? This is why so much token difficulties with so little consideration - changing only enemy health and damage etc. - exists. In fact, many gamers would accept the aforementioned games target audiences different from themselves and avoid trying to play them.

I think Dark Soul's reputation actually did harm here, because people think it'll be a good game for everyone, except it's clearly series catered toward being a good game for those who like Dwarf Fortress brand of "FUN". It's like action genre gamer beating one's head against RTS masterpiece - the game may be great, but you may not enjoy it due to your preferences... which is absolutely fine! It just means devs envisioned the game with different types of audience in mind.

Note it goes other way too. As mentioned above, I barely made a peep when devs introduced easy no-death mode to Fire Emblem, because I had faith they would implement it well into the game's settings. It's what they chose to do after all.

RooMHM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It has always been the game world that has been most fascinating to me. Their difficulty didn't add anything to the world building (is difficulty world building?). In fact in some cases I think the arbitrary difficulty (looking at you, ledge-sniping Anor Londo knight!) just made me frustrated because I wanted to explore the world more than I cared about the random skill challenge in the middle of my exploration.
Thz difficulty definitely makes the world more interesting because it creates the doubt, the hesitation of exploring new paths in fear of being destroyed by enemies too powerful and makes you anticipate traps or surprises that don't really exist.
A game world can be well designed but if you can just just travel anywhere without issues or difficulty, it's just not the same. See xenoblade for example. Some places you better not go too early, even in Zelda it happens.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
It has always been the game world that has been most fascinating to me. Their difficulty didn't add anything to the world building (is difficulty world building?). In fact in some cases I think the arbitrary difficulty (looking at you, ledge-sniping Anor Londo knight!) just made me frustrated because I wanted to explore the world more than I cared about the random skill challenge in the middle of my exploration.
Those enemies ARE the world. In your example, with the Snipers, if they weren't there the ledge and lead up would just be like any other ledge. Why have locked doors or broken pathways to explore if you aren't going to make the journey to/through/beyond those place contain some kind of struggle?

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if you're having this much trouble you need to try to get some help from friends or SoulsEra or something. I don't necessarily mean help via co-op, but help in explaining the mechanics and systems. I'll be the first to tell you that they don't explain the systems well. Once you learn them it's easy to go from one game to the next but it's hard to learn them initially. There's literally no good explanation of poise in Dark Souls 1 for instance. I only learned through my friend and through looking it up on a wiki. Once you learn the mechanics, it becomes more about learning what you do wrong when you die. You said you don't like dying over and over so it's possible this game isn't for you to be quite frank. I'm not trying to be mean when I say that either. Despite what some people seem to believe there are major issues with the Souls series. They are far from perfect. Not everyone will like them, but if you get into them they can be some of the most rewarding game experiences you'll ever have. That sense of reward is not free though. You need to be willing to take the time to improve yourself to get it.

I suggest getting help with the systems and mechanics, if that doesn't help you get into the series then it may just not be for you.

I disagree about Dark Souls needing an easy mode. The difficulty is part of Dark Souls' identity. It's integral to the way the series is perceived. It's not that I don't want an easy mode added because of crybabies or anything. That's a silly reason. I don't want an easy mode because it would be detrimental to Dark Souls' identity. The game is purposefully hard to make you have that sense of reward when defeating that boss giving you trouble or that area you just can't figure out. It helps give that sense of actual value beyond just saving time when you find that shortcut through the area. It makes you value your items, your souls, your levels, your build. The sense of reward is crucial to the allure of Souls series. Souls is best when the story, characters, world building, and gameplay all come together at once and propel a moment from just being a highlight to being one of the best memories you can have in a game.

Last edited:

ChapterBlack

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think they should do it like Dark Souls II where enemies eventually stop respawning and you can purchase items to use at bonfires to make them appear again if you so choose. These games are too repetitive

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Whoever said it is right, no one who has beaten these games argues for an easier mode.

Played through all soulsborne games/dlc multiple times.
Why engage in this strawman.

I haven't read this whole thread just jumping in now, apologies for retreading past arguments.

I used to be very much against a potential easy mode option in souls games, I'm aware that it would ruin a large aspect of my appeal towards the series. But after discussion over the last year, I've changed my stance. I don't think I can be against an option that would allow more physically impaired people access to more games. Although, I'd make a very serious warning in the game to not engage in this difficulty.

Do we have to post photos of our game shelf to argue in defence of an easy difficulty now?

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Whoever said it is right, no one who has beaten these games argues for an easier mode.

I've beaten all of them other than the DLC for 3, which I'm still going through.

I'm all for an easier difficulty. Not an insulting difficulty, but something that makes it more approachable for more casual players, or those who are intimidated by the difficulty.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
I think we have the same thoughts here. It the same reason why so many games have an option of normal with a description being how the game was meant to be played. DS to a degree does have a normal and hard mode implemented. There is the main game, then there is New Game + which will have tougher enemies from the start of the game and will make the bosses more difficult.

In the case of DS you could easily implement an easy mode, it would just throw off the balance of the entire game and that's why I'm against it. Even just having it as an option you can opt out or into would ruin some of the appeal of the game series.

Yes, we are in agreement. The challenge and the "pride in achieving something" are integral parts of the DS experience IMO and, as you say, introducing an easy mode, would ruin some of the appeal.

BTW, the Souls games have a secret easy mode: it's called co-op ;)

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Sure, why not. If more people can experience the game, that sounds good to me.

Trouble is how the hell do you make a fun, satisfying "easy mode" when the series is established on satisfying challenges.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
You can still enjoy the fundamental action gamely and exploration with an easy mode so I say why not honestly it would increase the potential player base

If you want to play normal mode just play normal what's the big deal

Easy doesn't have to rebalance so much just change the received damage and aggressiveness of ai or something

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Why would giving players twice as much health (for example) mean messing with anything else?

That's possible to add (and actually already pretty much exists -- it's easy to pump up HP and tank any hit in the game) but people would find something else to complain about being too hard. Some of the best souls levels (Blighttown, Sen's Fortress, Cathedral of the Deep, Catacombs of Carthus, Smouldering Lake) are hard levels with easy bosses, which no amount of HP would offset. You'd have to water down the verticality and the trickiness of the levels to make them passable by all.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, why not. If more people can experience the game, that sounds good to me.

Trouble is how the hell do you make a fun, satisfying "easy mode" when the series is established on satisfying challenges.
I can't see it either, the suppressing environment and satisfaction of overcoming it is so core to the series, you're playing a different game at that point.

In that case it shouldn't be such a big deal if one out of the hundred skeleton killing toys out there is difficult. They're not important after all.
Right, if it's 'just a video game' you should feel absolutely nothing that there's 4 games out of the hundreds of thousands out there that you 'can't play'.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Those enemies ARE the world. In your example, with the Snipers, if they weren't there the ledge and lead up would just be like any other ledge. Why have locked doors or broken pathways to explore if you aren't going to make the journey to/through/beyond those place contain some kind of struggle?
I don't think you and I really see the game in the same way. I would be just fine exploring the game even if it had no enemies, because the architecture and structure of the world is extremely interesting to me. I'm the kind of person who's in love with games like Proteus and LSD. What we care about in our games is clearly different. Struggle isn't all I'm concerned about, or even primarily concerned about.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I would like the Forza games to have a no racing mode. A mode where you fly through the circuits and still win the races, to be able to see the end credits. I'd enjoy so much more and the game would sell to walking simulator players meaning larger player base!

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I think the difficulty could be altered in seperate mode in kinda the same way Darkest Dungeon did it. Radiant mode in Darkest Dungeon doesn't fundamentally change the gameplay, but just increases the amount of XP and gold gained and lowers the requirements on stuff. You could pretty easily include something like that in Dark Souls by upping the souls gained and lowering the stat requirements for some of the armors and weapons on an easier mode and maybe giving the player more base health. That wouldn't really change the core gameplay or anything. They would just have to separate the two modes for online play or just make it so that the easier difficulty can't be played online at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Right, 20 pages have passed since my last post and this discussion has turned in a slightly different direction, so i'll adjust my approach.

You don't. The challenge is the philosophical focus of the game and the people clamoring for an easy mode don't give a fuck about the dev's vision and just want to experience its minimalistic story which was designed to be a reward for completing the challenge anyway

The story in almost every souls game is designed such that the player can feel the depression/anxiety/loneliness that his character is feeling, which makes the plot tones strike harder when the plot twists come around. Make your character invincible, and all of that tension goes away. Some people just literally want to be Superman in every game they play. Ask me, and i'll rightfully say that doesn't belong in souls.

P.S: add an easy mode, and the phrase "I beat Dark Souls" loses all meaning

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Right, 20 pages have passed since my last post and this discussion has turned in a slightly different direction, so i'll adjust my approach.

You don't. The challenge is the philosophical focus of the game and the people clamoring for an easy mode don't give a fuck about the dev's vision and just want to experience its minimalistic story which was designed to be a reward for completing the challenge anyway

The story in almost every souls game is designed such that the player can feel the depression/anxiety/loneliness that his character is feeling, which makes the plot tones strike harder when the plot twists come around. Make your character invincible, and all of that tension goes away. Some people just literally want to be Superman in every game they play. Ask me, and i'll rightfully say that doesn't belong in souls.
Fairly certain none of the players asking for an easy mode want to feel like Superman. It's not about power, it's about priorities. What I care about and what you care about in the game world are different.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I would like the Forza games to have a no racing mode. A mode where you fly through the circuits and still win the races, to be able to see the end credits. I'd enjoy so much more and the game would sell to walking simulator players meaning larger player base!

Forza has something like this. MK8 has something similar to allow for younger games to play.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you and I really see the game in the same way. I would be just fine exploring the game even if it had no enemies, because the architecture and structure of the world is extremely interesting to me. I'm the kind of person who's in love with games like Proteus and LSD. What we care about in our games is clearly different. Struggle isn't all I'm concerned about, or even primarily concerned about.
No, actually I love exploration as well in games. It's one of the reasons Breath of the Wild is one of my favorite games of 2017. Exploration is one of the main reasons I end up playing games. Simply put though, Souls games are more than just the exploration aspect, it's the combat and difficulty combined with RPG elements. That why I enjoy this particular series of games and I would think they need to continue that, regardless of what other series offer.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I'd be fine with that. Why would I care how other people want to play something. If it helps a good game find an audience so that it can continue and be successful I'm all for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Fairly certain none of the players asking for an easy mode want to feel like Superman. It's not about power, it's about priorities. What I care about and what you care about in the game world are different.

I hear and understand that. But what you basically need to do is find a developer that makes what you care about the focus of their game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pV5r4ePww8

One look at this trailer, and you will see why an easy mode just doesn't work.
It just doesn't.

Tiopes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 'The game is not designed for you in mind, go play some other game(s) instead' argument is a difficult (heh) one for me to fully get behind. I've just seen someone was warned for equating this argument with the criticism labelled towards some female designs and calling out a mod's behaviour in a very aggressive post and whilst I'd never go that far I can't help but feel like they were indeed onto something and that the argument really is hypocritical at its core. Like is there ever a specific criticism you can make of a game if you believe that Souls games are exempt from criticism in regards to their difficulty options simply because 'it's not for you' yadayada?

Anyone who can explain things further to me would be appreciated.

It's pretty simple. Games are designed with a public in mind. "Difficult games" are a category, there's even a tag on Steam for it. The devs designed a hardcore RPG with the intention of being hard. Being hard is one of it's design choices, the games includes traps and situations that are intendend to make you die and be more careful with your exploration. The games have high risk/high reward mechanics, like the rally in Bloodborne (where you recover HP if you hit enemies right after you get hit), and these mechanics would make no sense if the games were easier.

So "the game is not designed for you in mind" is pretty literally what it means. They design a game to people that wants to be challenged. If you don't like challenges, frustration, repeating things until you get skilled enough to pass through it, the devs did not have you in mind when they created their game. And that's a pretty reasonable choice.

And with your comparison to weapon durability in BotW, I'd say it's a pretty different situation, but even so, you can say that they developed a game without people that hate weapon durability in mind lol. You're free to complain about it, and people that love weapon durability are free to ask the devs to keep that in their game, as in the case for difficulty in Souls. Should BotW have added a option to remove weapon durability? What would happen to the entire design of the game if they changed this?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, we are in agreement. The challenge and the "pride in achieving something" are integral parts of the DS experience IMO and, as you say, introducing an easy mode, would ruin some of the appeal.

BTW, the Souls games have a secret easy mode: it's called co-op ;)
People don't seem to get that the fact there being only one difficulty means everyone experiences the same game, overcomes the same obstacles, is able to help each other out because they know exactly what people talk about when they say they don't know how to beat a boss or where to go.

It's pretty simple. Games are designed with a public in mind. "Difficult games" are a category, there's even a tag on Steam for it. The devs designed a hardcore RPG with the intention of being hard. Being hard is one of it's design choices, the games includes traps and situations that are intendend to make you die and be more careful with your exploration. The games have high risk/high reward mechanics, like the rally in Bloodborne (where you recover HP if you hit enemies right after you get hit), and these mechanics would make no sense if the games were easier.

So "the game is not designed for you in mind" is pretty literally what it means. They design a game to people that wants to be challenged. If you don't like challenges, frustration, repeating things until you get skilled enough to pass through it, the devs did not have you in mind when they created their game. And that's a pretty reasonable choice.

And with your comparison to weapon durability in BotW, I'd say it's a pretty different situation, but even so, you can say that they developed a game without people that hate weapon durability in mind lol. You're free to complain about it, and people that love weapon durability are free to ask the devs to keep that in their game, as in the case for difficulty in Souls. Should BotW have added a option to remove weapon durability? What would happen to the entire design of the game if they changed this?
Agreed to everything but especially answering the bolded: It would ruin the entire game balance. People seem to overlook that when complaining about it.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017
Sorry but once you start getting into difficulties it means messing with the AI and mechanics and ugh, it's just a damn rabbit hole thatll lead to a product that's not specialized into what's made it an icon.
This is comical, did DSII not have increased difficulty by merely boosting enemy stats and nerfing the player?????? I think it's funny how no one against the OP's argument has addressed this.

treemonkeys

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To my understanding video games are pretty inaccessible to a lot of people with disabilities. So why fight back against added accessibility. Does a person with disabilties getting to enjoy some aspect of Dark Souls really hinder your experience that much.

Disability is an incredibly broad term, to the point of being meaningless, care to elaborate?

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They might just want to play through and finish the game, not boast about it.
They currently have all the tools to do so.
To my understanding video games are pretty inaccessible to a lot of people with disabilities. So why fight back against added accessibility. Does a person with disabilties getting to enjoy some aspect of Dark Souls really hinder your experience that much.
This post is definitely reminding me of a conversation I had earlier on in this thread.
Slightly off topic:
Reminds me of an article I read last year for my English class in college. You phrase anything a certain way and there's no way for the opposition to not look like the bad one when they try to refute it.
"Oh, you're against having difficultly options, then I guess that means you hate disabled people."
Like you can't even refute the point without looking like a prick. I honestly doubt that's their intention, but the resemblance is uncanny

HabbyFresh

Nov 6, 2017
I think part of the experience of the souls games is learning to adapt and getting better the more you play. Most people who play them for the first time go through a phase of treating it like other action games. This usually leads to a lot of frustration and early deaths. But once you understand how to approach the game (i.e. learning enemy attack patterns and fighting them on your own terms) it becomes a lot easier and rewarding. I'm a huge fan of fighting games. If you do unsafe stuff you'll get punished. Knowing when to attack, when to be defensive, developing a strategy, etc. These are all principles that also work for Soulsborne games.

This is not to say these games are not inherently difficult though. I wouldn't care if they added an easy mode; if there's enough demand, then sure make it more accessible. But I definitely wouldn't use it as I believe it would ruin the experience.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What kind of meaning does it have now? Or are you really one of those people who believes Dark Souls is one of the hardest games in existence? Because it's not.
You have something in common with everyone else who beat it, because everyone went through the same experience. When someone complains about a boss being hard you know exactly what that bosses moveset is to give tips to someone who then overcomes the challenge on his own, on the same terms you and everyone else did.
You also have one, and only one pool of players to get invaded from/getting helped by. I sure as hell wouldve switched to an easy mode when dying to Orphan of Kos for the 30th time. I would've robbed myself from the sense of accomplishment I felt when beating him on my 40th try, and people who had the same difficulties with him I had knew exactly what I went through.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
No, actually I love exploration as well in games. It's one of the reasons Breath of the Wild is one of my favorite games of 2017. Exploration is one of the main reasons I end up playing games. Simply put though, Souls games are more than just the exploration aspect, it's the combat and difficulty combined with RPG elements. That why I enjoy this particular series of games and I would think they need to continue that, regardless of what other series offer.
I agree that the RPG elements are fundamental. But, and I'll just be completely honest. I think the combat is clunky. Like, extremely, overwhelmingly awkward. And to some degree I enjoy that awkwardness but just as often it gets in the way. So yeah, difficulty isn't a huge concern for me because I don't find satisfaction in the combat that other players do. I find the combat as more a means for progression, to get to see the next vista, or hallowed out cave, or mysterious pool with a bunch of soul arrow shooting wizards. This is what I mean when I say our priorities are different. I'm far more interested in delving into the dark world it portrays than I am in the awkward combat system it provides.
I hear and understand that. But what you basically need to do is find a developer that makes what you care about the focus of their game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pV5r4ePww8

One look at this trailer, and you will see why an easy mode just doesn't work.
It just doesn't.
I see a bad trailer. I don't really see why an easy mode can't work.

As for finding developers - I already do this. I just think that Demon's Souls provides a game that's far closer to my interests - one much less concerned with difficulty and much more concerned with presenting a fantastical space in a fantastical manner. Maiden Astraea presents a very different design philosophy from what most of the rest of the Souls series is about.

I feel like the Honest Game Trailer, in spite of its satire, is a more straightforward view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMU41taZJLw

jonnyvito

Oct 28, 2017
I agree! Lost sleep over Dark Souls games and I'm not good enough to get past some of the enemies, but I would have loved to experience the whole game. Gave up both less than half-way through.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Remember, Jeff Green plays dark souls? He knew what he was getting into and it took him forever but in the end he was victorious. Persistence and learning the mechanics will take you to end game.
If you never saw his streams I think they are on YouTube. Hilarious!

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
You have something in common with everyone else who beat it, because everyone went through the same experience. When someone complains about a boss being hard you know exactly what that bosses moveset is to give tips to someone who then overcomes the challenge on his own, on the same terms you and everyone else did.
You also have one, and only one pool of players to get invaded from/getting helped by.
But surely everyone who beat, say, Last of Us on grounded difficulty also has that in common with everyone else who did so? Yet that game still has multiple difficulties.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
No it def is not needed... getting better and learning bosses/enemies/world is the whole point of the game imo. If its to hard then you can always summon somebody. But easy mode is not suited for this type of games.. it looses a lot of charm imo

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
The cognitive dissonance here is absolutely remarkable. So you as a DS fan, have no problem with FROM instituting a more difficult game mode by reducing player damage and stats, but consider it blasphemy when someone asks for the opposite?
I actually have no problem with them including stuff that makes the game easier in a reasonable way that doesn't go against their vision. Because for fucks sake, they are already doing so in every god damn Souls game. Summoning. Leveling. Builds that are easier to play. The game offers lots of tools to 'customize' one's difficulty already.
I also am of the opinion that tacking on an optional harder mode that is probably badly balanced is different from tacking on an optional easy mode, because the former does not lower the baseline. But honestly a tacked on hardmode also kinda of undermines the general balance, so I'd prefer if they leave that out too.

If you still don't agree with the design philosophies and/or vision of the developers you can
- look for a different game
- say "fuck them, I'm gonna play my way" and use cheats (but don't go online!)
- begrudgingly give it another try, ask and look for tips and help online and eventually overcome the game regardless (because seriously, you (general you) absolutely will be able to finish Dark Souls the way it is if you want to)

Oct 27, 2017
This is comical, did DSII not have increased difficulty by merely boosting enemy stats and nerfing the player?????? I think it's funny how no one against the OP's argument has addressed this.

Dark Souls 2 wasn't a Miyazaki game, so the design philosophies behind it were different. It's the odd man in the souls closet, and something FROM just silently acknowledges happened.

There's a reason a whole lot from DaS2 didn't carry over into Bloodborne/DS3, and that's because Miyazaki came and and said "nah" to a lot of those things. He budged on respeccing, and making harder for twinks, but that's basically it.

What kind of meaning does it have now? Or are you really one of those people who believes Dark Souls is one of the hardest games in existence? Because it's not.

Oh, you beat Dark Souls? Good job, so have millions of other players.

Congrats on discrediting the personal achievements of millions of people.

Dark Souls was heavily marketed and publically accepted as a challenging, rewarding game, and beating the game was an achievement in and of itself. The challenge marks the core identity of the game and adding an easier more destroys that entire identity. The director of the game sees this, and that's why he won't allow an easy mode, because he doesn't want to damage that identity.

People who beat the souls games know exactly the feelings i'm talking about, those of personal achievement, ending the suffering, in some cases being shocked that all of my hard work was thrown away by something that happened to the main character, overcoming. These are the emotions and feelings that define Souls to its very foundation. It's very dear to the game. You're supposed to suffer. You're supposed to die. You're supposed to overcome.

This is the fundamental reason there will never be an easy mode in this franchise as long as Miyazaki's in the chair holding these principles on whatever chalice he's using.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This post is definitely reminding me of a conversation I had earlier on in this thread.

Yea, I guess it was worded far to close to entrapment. I edited the post. Although, you have to agree that fighting against accessibility in these games directly impacts that group of people.

I don't believe all games need to be accessible to all people, I just don't see the need to hold such a firm stance against accessibility.

Disability is an incredibly broad term, to the point of being meaningless, care to elaborate?

I'm just worried I'll offend someone, so I really don't like discussing disability as an uneducated person on that subject.

I would specify physical disabilities I guess. People lacking motor skills for example would be heavily benefited by a lower, or tourist difficulty.

I'm not really interested in forcing From to do anything, I'm just interested in those that are firmly against added accessibility.