• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I know this stuff is subjective but none of the things in the OP are at all creepy imo. Majula music?? Demon of Song is cute if anything.

rq5Tpkz.png

I'm trying to think of anything from the 3 Souls games that are actually scary and nothing comes to mind. Outside those, maybe the Headless in Sekiro might be.

Nov 19, 2019
I can see it, but it really depends on the definition of creepy. DS3 definitely beats it in terms of post-bloodborne scary shit.

But DS2 has shit like the shaded woods ghosts, the lost sinner, the way that the gutter feels totally bottomless every time I play it. Even those dwarves with the hammer on a chain seem somehow off.

Cutty

Oct 31, 2017
Those abomination motherfuckers in the water around Sinners' Rise always gave me a heart attack.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One enemy that scared the shit outta me when i first encountered him was the Labyrinith Madman from bloodborne. Running fast at you with that high pitch squealing trying to smack you with a dead body, lol.

LabyrinthMadman.png
holy shit, I never noticed that he was carrying a dead body lol.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I have to agree. It's hard to have time to feel scared but it certainly has the scariest spiders. And Demon of Song is easy but very unsettling.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Dark Souls 2 is creepy in a melancolic way, like a world dying with its inhabitants trying to go on. But it's more sad than creepy, to me.

Oct 28, 2017
Demon's Souls is definitely the creepiest for me.
The scariest thing in Dark Souls 2 is the iframes being tied to the adp stat.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda subjective based on your horror 'type' Dark Souls 2 had a dreamlike, nothing is as it seems kind of aesthetic to it which in terms of horror I really like so it set me on edge definitely. Definitely scariest Souls game, the only place the came close was New Londo, ghosts phasing through walls shit me up.

That being said Bloodborne despite not being part of the question will always be the scariest for me, the van helsing vibe which quickly descends into cosmic horror was so surprising that it freaked me out. Coupled with the scariest enemies (giant werewolves, snake heads, giant flies, brainsuckers, strange upright centepeds ect...) And the overall oppressive darkness of the game really works.

It's mido

One Winged Slayer
Jan 23, 2018
It's hard to count anything in Dark Souls 2 as creepy when the animations are so clownish and weightless that it completely takes you out of the experience.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I think Upper Cathedral Ward is the creepiest part of Soulsborne, but if we stick to Dark Souls games only... maybe?

The spider-monkey creatures and the elephant things in the Profane Capital are up there, though.