• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't bring myself to a place where I give a shit. Watching this will feel like having a vision of a coffin being lowered into the earth before the (kinda shitty) person in that coffin is officially dead. Ya done, Fox-Men, and I just...don't care.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'll be easy.

I fully expect the MCU castings of Charles, Erik, and Logan to shock people with how much better they are than Fox's.

You'll have some in denial, but that's to be expected. Just look at Quicksilver. He gets a great, comic accurate depiction in Age of Ultron, but nobody cared because they'd rather see him in possession of the speed force with really cool music lol
ATJ as Quicksilver is quite possibly the biggest MCU miscast. He was very dull in the role, and his accent felt like a parody.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hold up, why would they let the writer of Last Stand touch anything X-men related again? And then even the same story arc? This feels like a big joke

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men: Apocalypse (screenplay by) / (story by)
2015Fantastic Four (screenplay)
2014X-Men: Days of Future Past (screenplay by) / (story by)
2012This Means War (screenplay)
2009Sherlock Holmes (screenplay)
2008Jumper (screenplay)
2007Mr. and Mrs. Smith (TV Short) (writer)
2006X-Men: The Last Stand (written by)
2005Mr. & Mrs. Smith (written by)
2005xXx: State of the Union (written by)
2002The Legacy (TV Movie)

I see more good movies than bombs.
Yikes.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh, there's only been 1 shit X-Men movie (Origins). Apocalypse and TLS are not bad but not good. The rest are good - great.

Y'all act like if a movie ain't great, it's bad. 🙄

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
What should a sweeping, epic, cosmic saga... ends up looking like the safest, most bland attempt they could possibly make.

It looks like absolute garbage.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
User Warned: Derogatory Language
I hope they go full-retard and have a post-credit scene, teasing something, anything...

You're hard on Kinberg, at least they didn't bring another director to save the movie

[mod edit: reverted to pre-edit content]

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, there's only been 1 shit X-Men movie (Origins). Apocalypse and TLS are not bad but not good. The rest are good - great.

Y'all act like if a movie ain't great, it's bad. 🙄
I'd rank them like this

Bad X-Men Movies
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: Apocalypse

Meh X-Men Movies
X-Men
X2
X-Men: Days of Future Past

Good X-Men Movies
Deadpool 2
The Wolverine

Great X-Men Movies
X-Men: First Class
Deadpool
Logan

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ATJ as Quicksilver is quite possibly the biggest MCU miscast. He was very dull in the role, and his accent felt like a parody.

His accent was trash, but like Scarlet Witch, he would've been fine once they gradually dropped it.

And he was anything but dull.

Hold up, why would they let the writer of Last Stand touch anything X-men related again? And then even the same story arc? This feels like a big joke

He had a hand in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. You're just not seeing his genius.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rank them like this

Bad X-Men Movies

Meh X-Men Movies
X-Men
X2

Good X-Men Movies
Deadpool 2
The Wolverine

Great X-Men Movies
Deadpool
Logan
Pretty much the same but I'd move X2 and DOFP to Good and The Wolverine to Meh

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
When does this happen, I missed some books

Current run. X-Man went all god complex, the X-Men were pulled into an alternate reality fighting him. Cyclops and Wolverine, both recently resurrected by different flavors of Phoenix Force related fuckery, are attempting to assemble a new team based on whatever scraps they can find.

Nov 8, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
His accent was trash, but like Scarlet Witch, he would've been fine once they gradually dropped it.

And he was anything but dull.

He had a hand in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. You're just not seeing his genius.
3b64697ce9101d65141dcd1184cb1aa4.jpg

Stryker/bad guy humans capturing mutants is something I think we've seen enough of.
But what do ya mean whatever MCU is? What does that mean?

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Someone just pointed out to me that the trailer's big set piece kiss off is a huge train wreck and now I'm worried it's actually some kind of meta cry for help from the Fox executives.

:/

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Bad X-Men Movies

Meh X-Men Movies
X-Men
Deadpool 2

Good X-Men Movies
The Wolverine

Great X-Men Movies
Deadpool
Logan
X2

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I had completely forgotten about Jennifer Lawrence? When did she film this though? Like two years ago?

Uh. List wars. Awkward, I'll see myself out.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
This looks so flat and bland. Sophie is ..... bad in this role.

Hard pass for me here. First class feeling more and more like a fluke

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
So there are different Charles, Mystiques, Jeans etc. because they are in different universes? Dark Phoenix and Days of the Future Past are not in the same universe as X-Men, X-Men 2, Last Stand etc.?
I'm not sure if there is any definitive answer but here's how i've interpreted everything.

Timeline 1:
First Class, Xmen, X2, Last Stand, Origins, Wolverine, DOFP future with Sentinels killing all mutants

Timeline 2:
First Class, Post-DOFP events (with the Sentinels program being shut down and Wolverine syncing up with the old Xmen cast but they are alive), Apocolypse, Dark Phoenix, Logan

DOFP is the catalyst which diverges the timelines into essentially T1 with the mutants dying via Sentinels and T2 with the mutant gene disappearing and leads to the events of Logan.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'd rank them like this

Bad X-Men Movies

Meh X-Men Movies
X-Men
X2

Good X-Men Movies
Deadpool 2
The Wolverine

Great X-Men Movies
Deadpool
Logan
I agree with this, actually.

Though I'd move FC down to the "Good" section. It was cool, but I don't want to see it again. Deadpool and Logan are a treat worth multiple rewatches. I personally wouldn't put FC in that class, but it wasn't far away either.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'd rank them like this

Bad X-Men Movies

Meh X-Men Movies
X-Men
X2

Good X-Men Movies
Deadpool 2
The Wolverine

Great X-Men Movies
Deadpool
Logan

I would move First Class down to Meh but the rest is pretty accurate to my tastes.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
A fitting last scene for the trailer

A literal trainwreck

Holy shit to have gone from First Class (still the bets X-Men Movie ever) and DoFP to this....

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
International trailer:

It's amazing how little Movie Studios think of America's intelligence

This is a much better trailer

But the US one is all quick cuts and ADD bullshit because I guess they think American's need RAR Action and flashy shit.

Like it's still not likely a good movie but it's at least a fucking coherent trailer free of snap cuts everywhere.

Every single second of the International trailer is better