• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Giving the guy who wrote Last Stand another crack at this as well as directing this time, it must be nice to be a producer in his position.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well if it's a bad movie then so be it but this trailer wasn't half bad.

I can just hear the exec saying something like, "Dark Phoenix has bad word of mouth! Quick, just show them Quicksilver!"

And that works for me because Quicksilver is cool in this universe.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This trailer is honestly kind of incredible.

The original trailer made it hilariously obvious that Mystique dies not even halfway through the film. So in this one, they straight up just announce it and tell people she's dying.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to hear they changed some stuff from the original version. Guess they couldn't hold back with the spoilers though

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
https://ew.com/trailers/2019/02/28/dark-phoenix-trailer-simon-kinberg-mystique-death/

They are LITERALLY announcing that Mystique dies and using it as a selling point.

Holy shit.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let's just start off with the big one: The trailer reveals that Mystique dies in this film. What made you want to reveal that?
SIMON KINBERG: Well, the thought process behind that was to primarily show that this is a movie that is unlike other X-Men movies. It's a movie where shocking things happen, where intense, dramatic things happen. People don't just fall off buildings and dust themselves off and walk away. There's a reality to this movie and a consequence to this movie. Even more than that, it was to show that Jean/Dark Phoenix is genuinely a threat to everyone, including the X-Men.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also I have to admit I've kind of soured on DOFP. It presented a great "rebirth" for the series and pissed it all away.

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, what happened to

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm just going to hold out a slither of hope that when the Disney/Fox deal goes through in a couple weeks, Marvel Studios immediately requests that this be shelved for Hulu.

faced

Dec 17, 2017
I really don't think Sophie Turner has the acting skills required to have an entire movie resting on her shoulders. This was actually a problem in general with Game of Thrones, all the incredible older actors die in the course of the story and more and more of the story started to rest on the shoulders of the younger generation that was cast 10 years ago as child actors.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I always hated how they tried to shoehorn JLaw. I can't wait for Marvel's turn at this franchise in a few years. Even the worst MCU films were decently entertaining.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
On paper, I think it's cool how many different women - from good to bad to grey - were interacting in the trailer. Seems like a rare female led comic book film.

Too bad the movie doesn't look very good.