• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

Brought to you from the writer of cinematic touchstone X-Men: The Last Stand, and supposedly the director of all the stuff in X-Men: Apocalypse that Bryan Singer couldn't be bothered to show up to set for.

Get hype.

Last edited:

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Seems meh but looks much better then Apocalypse. Pretty spoiler heavy though, wasn't expecting it.

Is this the last one before the reboot?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Bad trailer that uses the same 3 setpieces in weird orders and show pretty clearly who dies at the movie (not that it was any surprise for anyone following the actor in question =P)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Bad trailer that uses the same 3 setpieces in weird orders and show pretty clearly who dies at the movie (not that it was any surprise for anyone following the actor in question =P)

I guess they figured that that character not being in ANY scenes from the later part of the movie would make the death pretty obvious and just went "fuck it" and didn't even attempt to hide it.

Oct 27, 2017
At least Mystique won't be in it for too long hopefully. Trailer is fine for the most part. I liked the effects for her powers and the film looks decently shot. Unfortunately, it just feels like we're treading familiar territory with nothing particularly interesting to compliment it.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Oy... Some neat shots here and there but I just am not that interested in this take on the X-Men anymore. Marvel should adapt Grant Morrison's New X-Men run when the merger completes and be done with the Singer era.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
original.gif

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. (When it comes to filming the Dark Phoenix saga, at least)

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
This looks better than Apocalypse and The Last Stand at least.

I'm still going to pretend everything after Days of Future past is non canon though. Even Logan.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks legit better than Apocalypse. I also can't see how it could be worse than that movie.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I know that the director is the same person who did The Last Stand.

But this is way way WAY too similar to The Last Stand for me.