• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that sucks, the first season was incredible. I wonder why it took a year from the release of the first season for them to finally announce this.
Could be that the shake-up in higher-ups that happened recently at Netflix meant that whoever's pet project this was who might've been keeping hope for some kind of continuation alive (even if only a single movie or a shortened season) is there no more and people in charge now have no interest in this (since apparently the first season was a pretty massive flop).

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's strange that people are seemingly acting like this is a Netflix thing. TV studios have been cancelling more underperforming shows than you can even count since TV was a thing. Sometimes they don't even finish the first season. That's the TV business mode and always has been.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
PlainAngelicBuck-max-1mb.gif
Out of all the cancellations, this one still hurts the most
:(

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Honestly had a feeling this would happen..... even at the Dark Crystal convention the cast didn't seem to have much hope. Really disappointed by this.... hope someone else grabs it.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I believe there will be a savior in these dark times of cancellation. And that savior's name is... Quibi.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
As somebody who lived through decades of wanting a decent dark crystal sequel the shows existence alone is a miracle of God to me. I got what I wanted

I saw it as more of a mini series rather a 'show'. I was hoping it'd at least be something Netflix (or whoever) returns to every 3-5 years though

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
That's a bummer, but I was also one of these people that had no idea a season 2 was going to be made and I thought that the ending was deliberately like that. It connected enough of the dots.

Dark Crystal big spoilers:
do we really want to see a gelfling genocide on screen?

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good friend is pissed, but she also pirated the show and hates Netflix even more than she used to... I blame her personally :(

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's strange that people are seemingly acting like this is a Netflix thing. TV studios have been cancelling more underperforming shows than you can even count since TV was a thing. Sometimes they don't even finish the first season. That's the TV business mode and always has been.
Eh this a very different model. This is a completely different business then tv

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Good.

Get to fuck.

A fringe property that never should have been greenlit in the first place .

*shudder *

I hate those creepy puppets.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to have gotten it made in the first place. It's probably not a show that appeals to new audiences, as the style is reminiscent of something from the past, but with great production quality. It's sad, but inevitable.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
It was sucessful enough to get a game out of it but not successful enough for a second season. :(

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
The game was in development before the series became a big flop for Netflix. Not sure if the game did all that well either?
it reviewed poorly after some really extensive marketing support from nintendo. i think it only had that because of the henson connection through iwata and miyamoto years earlier.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The game was in development before the series became a big flop for Netflix. Not sure if the game did all that well either?

I heard it was alright but other than that I didn't hear anyone talk about it. It seems weird to spent the time and money on a game based on a Netflix show with one season that recently came out.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
This is such a shame. I need more Chamberlain in my life.

I'm surprised it won a Children's award, the show is so dark, lol.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm done getting attached to anything but the absolute juggernaut of shows from Netflix. I'd rather spend my time watching the best of the best on HBO and Amazon Prime.

These shows are cancelled or have their future in limbo:

Santa Clarita Diet
The Dark Crystal
GLOW
The OA
Altered Carbon
Every Marvel Netflix show

There are probably more that I can't think of. But it's disheartening to be a passionate fan of an amazing show and then see Netflix with no appetite to give the fans a closing season

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done getting attached to anything but the absolute juggernaut of shows from Netflix. I'd rather spend my time watching the best of the best on HBO and Amazon Prime.

These shows are cancelled or have their future in limbo:

Santa Clarita Diet
The Dark Crystal
GLOW
The OA
Altered Carbon
Every Marvel Netflix show

There are probably more that I can't think of. But it's disheartening to be a passionate fan of an amazing show and then see Netflix with no appetite to give the fans a closing season
What are you going on about? The shows you list ranged from mediocre (the Marvel stuff, Altered Carbon) to terrible (The OA) to merely decent (Santa Clarita Diet). They also got plenty of seasons.

The only truly good and prestigious one, Glow, is getting to complete its run. If you require everything to have a concluding season TV isn't the medium for you.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
What are you going on about? The shows you list ranged from mediocre (the Marvel stuff, Altered Carbon) to terrible (The OA) to merely decent (Santa Clarita Diet). They also got plenty of seasons.

The only truly good and prestigious one, Glow, is getting to complete its run.

For me those shows are incredible. The OA is some of the best and weirdest and most interesting television I've ever seen. It's subjective but I've loved those shows and I've gotten burned.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I'm not too upset, because I always assumed Dark Crystal was a "one and done" sort of thing. It was only after I watched it, and a few threads were left hanging, that I realised they could do more if they wanted to. But it works fine as a standalone season.

I recommend everyone watch the Making Of documentary. The amount of painstaking craftsmanship and love that went into this thing is incredible. The fact that it exists at all is a miracle to me.

Oct 27, 2017
:( Awful news...Age of Resistance was incredibly rich from both a story and visual perspective, you could legitimately feel the ridiculous amount of love and care that was put into every last bit of it. Like, I haven't been so invested in a fantasy world since the early seasons of GoT. I'm sure Jim Henson himself would be proud of what Lisa and Co. we're able to accomplish.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
This stinks.
I really enjoyed it. It's weird I can be taken away into fantasy land more from puppets than human actors.