• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dark or milk chocolate?

• Dark

Votes: 893 37.2%
  • Milk

Votes: 1,018 42.4%
  • Both

Votes: 490 20.4%

• Total voters

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I hate bitter so no, I don't like dark chocolate (except for like in mint chocolate chip and maybe a few other mint chocolate combos). I love a good milk chocolate though. Trader Joe's Belgian milk chocolate bar is awesome.

ToD_

Oct 27, 2017
Good dark chocolate is one of my favorite things. However, I do like the occasional milk chocolate as well. I'm not even that picky, but Hershey's is the worst. Their chocolate has a weird flavor to it.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Good dark chocolate is one of my favorite things. However, I do like the occasional milk chocolate as well. I'm not even that picky, but Hershey's is the worst. Their chocolate has a weird flavor to it.
Hershey's milk chocolate barely registers as chocolate to me. Their "Special Dark" is only 35% cocoa solids which, to me, doesn't make it special at all.

I enjoy a good milk chocolate every now and then. Trader Joe's makes a 40% cacao "Milk Chocolate Lover's" bar that's fantastic.

Fantus

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Chocolate = Chocolate
Milk Chocolate = Candy

Both are good, but if I want "Chocolate" there's only one way to go. Dark. Darker the better.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Just had this question come up in my lab today and I was the only one out of like 11 people to prefer dark. I see it's losing in this thread poll as well smh. Why must I be surrounded by bad tasters my whole life.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
I'll eat darker chocolate in a cooked dessert, but for confectionery British and European milk and white chocolate tops the lot.

Sasha

Oct 27, 2017
Dark chocolate stops my cravings for sweets, milk chocolate doesn't.
I'm so glad i got used to it.

I go for 81% wich is the highest i can go, 85% is to much.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good dark chocolate > all other chocolate

but

Good milk chocolate > bad dark chocolate

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Is Milk chocolate even chocolate lol. It's mostly sugar lol.

Milk chocolate is on board with cacao percentage also. There is a relatively new category of Dark Milk Chocolate, which is milk chocolate with a higher than normal cacao percentage. These chocolates usually range between 38% and 42%. Normal milk chocolate can have as little as 10% cacao percentage. The other ingredients in milk chocolate are milk solids or powder, sugar, lecithin, and vanilla.

https://vanillaqueen.com/cacao-percentages

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I dislike the taste of dark chocolate. It's on the bitter side to me. If I am indulging in a dessert I want it to be both rich and sweet, which almost every dessert utilizing milk chocolate is.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Dark chocolate, milk chocolate is not even real chocolate, it's just sugar.

I prefer dark chocolate too but damn.

I don't like sweet things much to begin with, and milk chocolate is just so sugary and bland that it feels like a waste of existence which adds to my revulsion of it. Don't know why I feel so strongly about it in particular (there are plenty of other bigger offenders, I'm sure), but it actually makes my lip curl when I see it on things. Weird, I know.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is Milk chocolate even chocolate lol. It's mostly sugar lol.

Milk chocolate is on board with cacao percentage also. There is a relatively new category of Dark Milk Chocolate, which is milk chocolate with a higher than normal cacao percentage. These chocolates usually range between 38% and 42%. Normal milk chocolate can have as little as 10% cacao percentage. The other ingredients in milk chocolate are milk solids or powder, sugar, lecithin, and vanilla.

https://vanillaqueen.com/cacao-percentages

I bought a bar of this dark milk chocolate just this week! I wanted to see if the worlds of both dark and milk could be mended, and peace be restored to the chocolate kingdom.

It was awful. What an awful chocolate :( I'd rather have straight milk chocolate than that imitator of decent chocolate.

Nothing beats dark chocolate

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
both. you have to be a philistine not to like both.

dark chocolate helps calm me down when furious, milk chocolate helps me cheer up a little when I'm down.

both have their time and place.

if we include Mexican chocolate however, Mexican chocolate >>>>>>>> both.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Ritter Sport is likely my favorite big brand of chocolate. They do some that seems to be a darker milk chocolate that's delicious.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Milk tastes better, but the lower sugar content of dark chocolate means I can have more of it... So kind of a wash.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Dark. Milk chocolaters put ketchup on hot dogs, get their steaks well done, and vote for Donald Trump.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer dark chocolate, but will also eat milk chocolate. White chocolate is just sugar though.